Well Christmas is just around the corner and we bet you want to prepare the best dishes for the evening. Even though there are numerous dishes present out there, have you given a thought to preparing Torrone Italian Nougat candy? Well, why not make the evening a memorable one and let the kids fulfill their taste buds?
Italian torrone is a yummy candy, however it takes some time to make some. But we have to mention that it is worth it for the gorgeous nut-studded, amazingly textured final product.
Are you wondering how to make this torrone candy? Don’t worry. We have got your back. Continue reading!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook for: 1 hour fifteen minutes
Extra time: 1 hour
In total: 2 hours thirty minutes
Serves: About forty people
- 2 (8×10-inch) sheets wafer paper
- 1 ⅓ cups honey
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 pinch salt
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 cups roasted almonds
- 1 cup roasted pistachios
Directions to follow
- Step 1: Start by lining an 8×11 inch baking dish with the help of a plastic wrap. Allow the ends to hang over the sides. Take a sheet of 8×10 water paper and keep it in at the bottom of the pan. Take the roasted almonds and pistachios and keep them in a warm place. They will be used at the end.
- Step 2: Take some honey and pour it inside a pot. Mix and stir over low heat with the help of a spatula. Stir it until and unless the mixture turns to a smooth one. Continue doing it for about thirty minutes.Remove pot from heat.
- Step 3: Now take the egg whites in a mixing bowl. Take some salt and mix it with the same. Whisk until the whites form soft peaks. Continue the procedure for about three to four minutes. Place the pot back on low heat. Gradually whisk about a quarter of the whipped egg whites into the sugar and honey mixture. After that whisk in the remaining egg whites in three more batches.
- Step 4: Continue with the cooking procedure over low heat. Use the spatula to stir the mixture until it turns brighter white. This whole process will take about forty minutes. You can also add a few drops of the mixture into a small bowl of ice water to check that everything is done in the right manner. Remember that it should feel like a soft clay in the end.
- Step 5: Drop in the lemon zest and vanilla essence. Add warm almonds and pistachios. Stir once the ingredients are added.
- Step 6: Transfer the entire mixture to the baking dish. Use a clean spatula to do the same. Top with the second sheet of white paper. Do not forget to cover it with the plastic wrap.
- Step 7: Let the Italian nougat torrone sit at room temperature until firm and cool. Once it is ready to cut you can begin with the process. Lift the torrone from the baking dish with the edges of the bottom layer of the plastic wrap. Now invert and get rid of the plastic. Trim off the edges if you are not able to remove the plastic edges.
- Step 8: Cut torrone into 1-inch squares using a sharp serrated knife.
The Final Thoughts
These are the steps you need to follow while you are all set to prepare the torrone candy this Christmas. Follow all the steps mentioned above to make the candy in the right manner. Get hold of all the required items from your local store and get going. We hope this piece has been useful. To know more about the recipes and new dishes, do yourself a favor and get in touch with the professionals today. These are the experts who have the skills and expertise in the industry.