Heic has been used for a long time to save multiple photos in Windows. Although it was primarily in use in iOS phones, later, Windows users also used it. Operating systems like Android 9 (Pie) added this high-efficiency format, which is always worth using when the phone does not save photos in this modern format. So, we have curated an article on how to open Heic file.
You will be surprised to know images in Heic files can not be transferred to a desktop. You need to install paid tools and use the latest version of Windows to open the files for viewing. Hence, we have provided all the possible ways to open Heic files. You can refer to the same and use them to get your images from HEIC files.
How to Open HEIC Files For Images in Other Applications?
Currently, programs are emerging that support HEIC image files in HEIF format. Even you can open these files in Adobe Photoshop. To open Heic images in other applications, HEIF Image Extensions and the HEVC Video Extensions software are installed.
You may also use a simple image viewer. You can open HEIC image files here when they are CopyTrans HEIC for Windows. For more information on HEIC images, you may view or edit the program and perform a web search by the name “HEIC.”
How to View HEIC Files in Windows 10’s Photos App?
In Windows 10, you can install or support HEIC image files. It can be done in just a few clicks. This works on Windows 11, also. Follow the steps mentioned below to do the same.
1. Locate Heic file in File Explorer on the computer.
2. Select “Photos.”
3. The Photos app says, “the HEIF Image Extension is needed to display the file.”
4. Click on the “Download and install it now” link.
5. It is free to download and install.
6. Select Yes when Windows asks, “Did you mean to switch apps?,”.
7. The HEIF Image Extensions page in the Microsoft Store app will open.
8. Click the “Install” button to download and install HEIC image files.
Note: When you open a HEIC image in the Photos app, you can view it like any other image file, like a JPEG, PNG, GIF, or BMP.
9. Windows 10’s File Explorer will generate and display thumbnails for HEIC image files.
How to Convert HEIC to JPEG on Windows?
For converting HEIC files to JPG images on Windows, you have to download and install CopyTrans HEIC for Windows. The tool supports HEIC images in Windows. The tool works well in Windows 7 and older versions of Windows 10, which does not support the Photos app. It supports HEIC images in the classic Windows Photo Viewer. Follow the steps mentioned below to convert HEIC to JPEG on Windows.
1. CopyTrans HEIC allows you to click a HEIC file in File Explorer.
2. Select “Convert to JPEG” and quickly and easily convert it to a JPEG file.
3. When you select the option, you will get a JPEG version of the image in the same folder as the original HEIC file.
4. JPEG files are more widely supported, which will help you use the HEIC file in applications that support JPEG images but not HEIC files.
How to Convert HEIC Files to JPEG on the Web?
Use a third-party conversion tool when you do not want to install any software. Here you only need to upload the HEIC file, and you will be able to download a JPEG when you want to quickly convert from HEIC to JPG and upload up to five photos at a time. You may add one or more HEIC files from the desktop to the web page.
The website converts the files to JPEGs, and you can download the JPG files from there. Whenever you find difficulty in dealing with the HEIC files, you can configure the iPhone and take photos in a compatible JPEG format by default. In HEIC files, you will get higher image quality in small file sizes. It is a modern image format; we should maintain them when the applications support.
How to Open Heic Files | Watch the Video!
The Heic files help save photographs as it is easy and convenient to use. All the queries you had relating to how to open Heic files are being answered through our article. For any query related to Heic files, please refer to our website, Path of EX, for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Open Heic files for saving images?
When you want to open the Heic files to save the images, you must follow a few simple steps to get it done.
Can I convert HEIC Files to JPEG?
Yes, you can convert Heic files to JPEG using software tools to do the same.
Is it possible to convert HEIC to JPEG on Windows?
Yes, it is possible to convert HEIC to JPEG on Windows with the help of CopyTrans HEIC for Windows.