Halloween is around the corner. Everybody is looking for the best ways to decorate their windows and places. However, some people love to dress up (for scaring others) rather than giving their house a makeover on Halloween. For those of you, you are in a treat of fake blood. Literally! Learn “How To Make Fake Blood For Halloween”. But that’s not it, we have a lot more in stock for you.
You can use fake blood in multiple ways. Put it on your clothes, face, body, in fact, you can even put the (non-edible) fake blood on your windows to give it a little extra realistic look. Also, making DIY blood for Halloween is so much better than buying fake blood from the market. You’ll be wasting your precious dollars on products that you can make yourself at home.
Firstly, by learning how to make fake blood for Halloween, you’ll be saving money and secondly, you can use these fake blood recipes in your Halloween makeup. Save your time, save your money and make as much fake blood as you want just by sitting at home. It is time to go beyond Pumpkin patch decoration.
How To Make Fake Blood For Halloween | DIY Hacks
You might wonder, why should you learn these fake blood recipes, when you can easily buy a fake blood package from a store? You can make the consistency of your liking, choose the texture, and thickness of the mixture. You can also darken or lighten the blood to make it the way you desire.
Also, you can use so many alternatives to these products. Don’t have tissue paper? Use cotton instead. Don’t have chocolate syrup? Use cocoa powder instead. You can literally find millions of things to make fake blood for Halloween.
How To Make Fake Blood For Skin & Food | Edible Fake Blood
Now, there are many types of fake blood, but if you need to put it on your skin or as dressing on your food plate, then you would need to make edible fake blood. We have written three different methods below. You can use any of them to make edible fake blood. Also, they are pretty easy to make.
Using Corn Syrup
- 2 TBSP of Cornstarch
- 1 TBSP of Cocoa powder
- 1 TBSP of Chocolate Syrup
- 2 TBSP of Red Food Color
- 1 Cup of Corn Syrup
- ½ cup or 120 ml of Red Fruit Punch
- Take all the ingredients in a blender in the said quantities.
- Blend the ingredients until the mixture is smooth.
- Take a 15 seconds break and then give it a mix again.
- Now, put in more red food color if necessary.
- Note the consistency of the blood and thicken the mixture if needed.
Using Powdered Sugar
- 453g or 3 ½ cups of Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup or 240ml of water
- 1 TBSP of Cocoa Powder
- 2 TBSP of Red Food Color
- Take a cup of water in a blender.
- Put three ½ cups of powdered sugar in the same blender.
- Blend the mixture of powdered sugar and water for 30 seconds precisely.
- Check for clumps, if there are then break them up and blend for another 15 seconds.
- Add red food color and cocoa to the mixture in the blender.
- Now, adjust the color of blood. Darken it if required.
- 1 TBSP of flour
- 2 TBSP of Red Food Color
- 1 Cup or 240 ml of water
- Take one cup of water in a saucepot.
- Put 1 TBSP of flour in the saucepan and whisk to break any lumps.
- Heat the mix at sim flame for 30 minutes.
(Cooking the mix will make the fake blood thick)
- Turn off the flame after 30 mins and let it cool.
- In the cooled mixture, pour 2 TBSP of red food color and whisk.
- Add more color if required.
How To Make Fake Blood For Clothes | Non-Edible Fake Blood
Maybe you need to put some blood on your shirt to make your whole look more realistic, or maybe there’s some other reason. Whatever it is, you can easily learn how to make fake blood for clothes using basic ingredients.
Disclaimer: This fake blood includes detergent so DO NOT CONSUME IT. We will also not recommend you to use it on your skin and expose your skin for damage. This fake blood is only to be used on clothes.
- ⅔ cup of Chocolate syrup.
- ⅓ Laundry detergent.
- 6 TBSP of red food color.
Steps Of Making Non-Edible Fake Blood
- Take ⅔ cup of Chocolate syrup and mix it with ⅓ cup of detergent. (You can use any detergent of your choice.)
- Mix 4-6 TBSP of red food color to your mixture.
How To Make Fake Guts | Non-Edible
Now, here things get a little more creepy. You’ll be making fake guts that look just as damp as real guts. If you are ready to make those eerie guts, then you can use multiple things. However, we have used toilet paper here as it is the most common thing in our houses. So, it will be easily available. Also, these fake guts look super realistic, you won’t be able to make a difference from the actual ones.
- Corn Syrup
- Chocolate Syrup
- Red food color
Steps Of Making Fake Guts
- Make the fake blood from either of the above recipes. (Edible and non-edible recipes)
- Now, tear the tissue paper into thin strips.
- Stir the tissue paper strips into the blood until you have made the desired texture.
- If you think the fake guts are too thick, add a little liquid fake blood.
- If the fake guts are too thin, then you can add more tissue strips.
How To Make Fake Scabs
Out of all the processes in this article including “how to make fake blood” and “how to make fake guts”, this one is the most realistic. These fake scabs get darker when they dry, just like actual blood. However, the scary look of these scabs will make people think that a zombie has actually bitten you. Wanna bet on it?
- 2 TBSP of cornstarch
- 4 TBSP of Water
- 1 TBSP of Corn Syrup
- 1 TBSP of Onion Flakes
- 4 Drops of Red Food Color
Steps Of Making Fake Scabs
- Mix all the ingredients according to the measurements mentioned above.
- Blend it into the right consistency.
- Clump the mixture on your skin.
Note: If your skin gets irritated after the application of the mixture, wash the mixture off your skin immediately with cold water.
How To Make Fake Blood For Halloween
You can make edible fake blood, non-edible fake blood. Use it on your skin and clothes. Make fake guts and even scrubs. There’s so much you can do with these amazing recipes. We highly recommend you to learn “How To Make Fake Blood For Halloween?”. After you try these recipes, comment below your experience. How did you make them? Was it any good? We want to know everything about it.
Share this article with your friends and Happy Halloween in advance!