In the days of Netflix, Apple TV, Google and the likes Families are often opting for in house movie nights instead of a Family trip to the movies, this is where Popcorn night fits into our lives and somehow Popcorn makes movie night a whole lot more enjoyable.
Popcorn is an American snack that we eat not for hunger but for enjoyment.
Have you ever tried Cotton Candy Popcorn? “POUR SOME SUGAR ON ME” that’s what the Popcorn said. It is my favourite movie night snack. The aroma of Cotton Candy takes me back to my childhood days and when the sweet flavour of Cotton Candy combines with the salty flavour of crunchy Popcorns, it tastes like Heaven in my mouth.
So today, I thought to share a Cotton Candy Popcorn Recipe with you people. But first, you have to gather all the ingredients that are required to make this tasty snack at home.
Ingredients for Cotton Candy Popcorn:
|Popcorn Kernels||1 cup|
|Cotton Candy Sugar||2 cups|
One great thing about this recipe is the availability of ingredients. You can easily get all these ingredients at your local grocery store. Now let’s see how much time we need to make these tasty Popcorns at home.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 minutes||20 minutes||30 minutes|
Now we have all the ingredients that are required. So, without any delay let us start making this Recipe at home.
Cotton Candy Popcorn Recipe:
- Heat 2 tablespoon Butter in a pot, add two Popcorn Kernels to check the heat. Once they pop, add in the rest of the Popcorn Kernels.
- When the popping is completely stopped, transfer it on a wide pan or tray and pick out any unpopped Kernels.
- Now sprinkle some Salt over the Popcorns, this enhances the flavour.
- Then place Cotton Candy Sugar and Butter in a large saucepan. Cook at medium flame for 5 minutes and stir occasionally, until bubbly at the edges.
- Transfer the Popcorn into a large bowl, add the sugar mixture, toss it up until coated well and let it cool down before eating and you are done.
Note: The time needed to pop the Popcorn will depend on your microwave.
Popping your Kernels at home is tasty, cost effective and much lower in added salt and fats then many of the movie cinema varieties. In the amount of 1 cup unpopped Kernels (about 25 cups popped Popcorns) we have
Calories: 90 kcal Carbohydrates: 21g Protein: 1g
Sodium: 24mg Cholesterol: 1mg Sugar: 16g
Fiber: 1g Fat: 1g