I have always loved Halloween. Every year as a kid I’d dress up in my homemade costume and go door to door to ask strangers for candy. Nowadays Halloween celebrations have changed, too little trick-or-treating and more parties and bar hopping. As Halloween is coming next month, this year I have decided to relive childhood and make my favorite Banana Laffy Taffy.
Laffy Taffy is a piece of taffy candy that comes in various flavours. Let’s talk Banana here. No, not real bananas, that particular banana-flavour found only in Banana Laffy Taffy, which gained a strong following despite bearing little resemblance to a real banana.
Before we proceed let’s gather all the ingredients that are required to make this tasty taffy at home.
Ingredients for Banana Laffy Taffy:
|Corn starch||3 tablespoons|
|Corn Syrup||1 cup|
|Sugar||2 ½ cups|
|Water||1 ½ cups|
|Kool-Aid Banana Splash||1 packet|
You will get all these ingredients anywhere at your nearest supermarket or grocery store. Now let’s see how much time this Banana taffy takes to get ready.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 minutes||10 minutes||20 minutes|
Now we have all the ingredients. So, without wasting any time let’s start making this Banana Laffy Taffy at home.
Banana Laffy Taffy Recipe:
- Butter two large cookie sheets then set them aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch and then add corn syrup, water, butter and salt.
- Mix well before heating. Bring mixture to boil on medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until it reaches a hardball stage.
- Remove from heat and immediately stir in the Kool-Aid Banana splash.
- Quickly pour onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Let stand for a few minutes, until cool enough to handle with your hands.
- Grab a few helpers to pull the taffy with buttered hands until the taffy lightens its color and becomes firmer.
- Roll taffy into bite-sized pieces and wrap individually in squares of wax paper.
Calories: 140kcal Carbohydrates: 30g Protein: 0g
Sodium: 50mg Cholesterol: 0mg Sugar: 19g