Chilling, Laughing, & Partying is never less fun with Discord. Low key or high key, we all drool over the Discord channels abundantly. If you are looking for ways you can communicate your server rules to the community, the perfect solution is to create a Welcome Channel on Discord. Head on further to know How to make a Welcome Channel on Discord and see how you may set up the Welcome Message in Discord easily.
Setting up multiple discord accounts and making the most with these servers and channels is always a win-win for gamers. Adding more, to make it a warm space for every newbie, the Welcome channel on Discord always works as the best option to choose for the rest.
Read further to know How to make a Welcome Channel on Discord and curate your own Welcome channel easily and hassle-free. We have laid down the step-by-step guide in regard to How to make a Welcome Channel on Discord. Go on and make yours easily.
What Is Welcome Channel In Discord?
Welcome Channel looks like the same discord channel as any other channel we have on the server, but, with a slightly different purpose. The main purpose of the Welcome Channel in Discord is to make a comfortable and warm space for any new user who joins your server.
It serves as the first channel that comes up to you as you join any new server. It is majorly used to communicate all the server rules and regulations required to know as the new user and generate massive awareness which is much needed.
How To Make A Welcome Channel In Discord?
To know how to make a Welcome Channel in Discord, you must go on further. Below is the guide on How to make a Welcome channel in Discord in some easy steps:
- The first thing to do is launch Discord on your PC or your browser.
- After launching Discord, you must right-click on your server.
- Further, click the Text-channel option and type your channel name as Welcome. Also, try making it a public channel preferably.
- Lastly, tap the Create Channel option mentioned below.
This is it! You’ve created your own Discord channel. However, the sad part is Discord doesn’t work freely with the Welcome message and you have to create so by taking the support from third-party Discord bots.
Check out the further guide to know How to set up a Welcome Message on Discord.
How To Set Up A Welcome Message In Discord?
Luckily, Discord allows the support of external Discord bits that allows you to try out multiple features in Discord that are somehow not embedded in its operations.
Here are the steps to set up a Welcome Message in Discord:
- Head on to the mee6 website.
- Tap Add to Discord button.
- Further, agree to all the on-screen prompts and instructions to authorize the bot to your server.
- As you will land on the MEE6 dashboard, tap Welcome on the sidebar.
- Then, toggle the option Send a message when a user joins the server.
- Tap on the drop-down menu option to select your welcome message channel.
- Type in your welcome message under the text message text field.
- Look for the range of options available to you and see if you wish to send some private messages to new users, designate a role for them; and customize your Discord bot profile accordingly.
- Lastly, tap Save.
This is it! You’ve successfully set up your Welcome message for any new user that comes up to your server.
To make a welcome channel in Discord, you must click on the Create Channel after selecting your customizations and must use the MEE6 bot to set up the Welcome message for any new user.
Watch How To Make Welcome Channel On Discord?
This was all about How to make a Welcome channel in Discord. Read out loud the steps mentioned above and see if this guide works as the savior for you today.
Anyways, the Path of EX is an open space. Come along if you have any doubts, and we will get back to you asap.