Snapchat is an amazing messaging platform that lets you modify and do the necessary editing. There are different types of profiles on Snapchat that you can make, including friendship profiles, group profiles, and public profiles. Content producers who choose to communicate with a large audience prefer Public Profiles as their platform. Here, I will help you with how to make a public profile on Snapchat.
Although Snapchat has gone through difficult times, it is still ranking at the top due to its advanced features, and some of its amazing features, like the spotlight feature, are getting quite popular. Another new feature that is creating a buzz is making a public profile on Snapchat, and it is growing prominent in the category of the latest features. If you want to become famous on the platform, you can upload your content and make a reputation for yourself.
Let’s get started with the article and learn all the steps that help you to know how to get a public profile on Snapchat. Enjoy all the exciting features attached to the public profile and grow your audience.
In This Article
How to Make a Public Profile on Snapchat on iPhone and Android Devices?
Snapchat Public Profiles allows you to expand the visibility of your account. You can use various features like adding pictures, attractive bios, captions, addresses, Story updates, and lens filters on a public profile. Anyone on Snapchat can hit a subscribe button on your public profile. Not only can you add friends to your Snapchat public profile, but you also get an extra add-on: the subscription number.
A Public Profile allows you to enjoy some unique features, and these features just work amazingly if your goal is to share your content with a large audience. Are you ready to “reveal your creativity? If so, just be ready and increase yours following on Snapchat.
Initially, public profiles were only open to verified content makers. Now, Snapchat has made this feature open to anyone. Snapchat permits well-known creators to create a “Creator Account” type which has several eligibility conditions, like having at least 100 subscribers, at least a week-old account, and a Snapchat friend.
Now, let’s get started with how to make a public profile on Snapchat. For this, follow the steps below-
1. Launch the Snapchat application.
2. Tap on the Profile icon on the top left side of the screen.
3. On the profile page, go to Spotlight and Snap Map.
4. Tap on three horizontal dots beside the Add to Spotlight.
5. Tap on Create Public Profile.
6. Click on Continue and then tap on Get Started.
7. A new pop-up will appear on the screen, and tap on Create.
8. Finally, your Public profile has successfully been created.
9. Tap on My Public Profile.
10. On the next page, you will see options Edit profile, preview Profile, Stories, and Spotlight.
11. Tap on edit profile and do the necessary editing as you want.
What is the Eligibility Criteria for Creating a Public Profile on Snapchat?
Before I tell you how to make a public profile on Snapchat, you must know the eligibility criteria that are required to get a public profile on Snapchat.
- You must be 18 years old or older to create a public Snapchat profile.
- To build a public profile on Snapchat, you have to use the Snapchat account for at least 24 hours.
- To create a public profile on Snapchat, both you and your friend must send and receive a friend request, as well as create a public profile with your Snapchat friend.
- You must agree to Snapchat’s policies and guidelines to create an effective public profile.
Watch How to Make a Public Profile on Snapchat on iPhone and Android Devices?
To get detailed information on how to make a public profile on Snapchat, follow the guide in the below video.
How to Delete a Public Profile on Snapchat?
Once you have learned how to make a public profile on Snapchat, you can also delete a public profile on Snapchat. if you do not want to keep it public anymore, follow the steps below-
1. On the Public profile page, tap on the Settings icon on the right side of the screen.
2. At the bottom of the screen, tap on Delete Public Profile.
3. A pop-up will appear on the screen, and tap on the Delete icon.
4. Finally, your public profile will convert into a normal Snapchat account.
This was all about how to make a public profile on Snapchat. Apply these steps and create your public profile now. Feel free to share the article with your friends. Now, it is time for a wrap-up. Thanks for reading the article. Have a good day!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why can’t I make a public profile on Snapchat?
If you can’t make a public profile on Snapchat, make sure your account is eligible for a public profile. For this, you must fulfill the eligibility requirements-
1. You must be 18 years old.
2. Your Snapchat account should be older (atleast more than 24 hours).
3. Make sure you and your friend must send and receive a friend request, as well as create a public profile with your Snapchat friend.
4. You must follow the Snapchat community guidelines.
2. How to make a public profile on Snapchat under 18?
To make a public profile on Snapchat under 18, follow these methods-
1. Change your date of birth/birthday on Snapchat.
2. Change privacy settings to Everyone.
3. How to make a public profile on Snapchat when it doesn’t show up?
To make a public profile on Snapchat when it doesn’t show up, follow these steps-
1. Open Snapchat.
2. Tap on your bitmoji icon.
3. Tap on the Settings icon on the top right side of the screen.
4. Tap on the Birthday icon.
5. Enter the new birth date and tap on Continue.
6. Finally, tap on OK.