Twitter is the go-to destination if you want to keep up with what is going around across the world. With Elon Musk as CEO, Twitter has seen many changes including the recent name change from Twitter to X. In the recent development, the platform will now let users hide their blue tick. If you are someone who wants to know the way to do it, then you are at the right place. In this article, I will tell you, How to Hide Blue Tick on Twitter.
Twitter, now X, has announced that it is rolling out a new feature that will allow paid Blue members to hide their verified checkmarks. Musk has renamed the subscription from Twitter Blue to X Blue. The subscription allows a user to enjoy exclusive features, including undoing/editing posts and uploading long videos, And now subscription members can do it all without carrying the blue tick on their profile.
So, without further ado, let’s dig in to learn about how to hide blue verified checkmark on Twitter and remove blue tick on Twitter.
In This Article
What is the Hide Your Checkmark Feature on Twitter?
Not so long ago, the entire social media world was buzzing when Musk announced the paid verification badges on Twitter that would cost a user $8, and it soon became a fairly sought-after feature.
Now, many users have been vilified for paying for a so-called status symbol. And much to the delight of such users, Musk has introduced a feature that will allow paid subscribers to hide their verification badge from other users.
The feature’s description in the Help Center says, “As a subscriber, you can choose to hide your checkmark on your account. The checkmark will be hidden on your profile and posts. The checkmark may still appear in some places and some features could still reveal you have an active subscription. Some features may not be available while your checkmark is hidden. We will continue to evolve this feature to make it better for you.”
How to Hide Blue Tick on Twitter?
The main purpose of the hide my checkmark feature on Twitter is to help users benefit from subscription features without showing that they are verified account. It is to be noted that only Twitter Blue users can use the feature.
Now that you have got an idea what the hide blue tick on Twitter is, it is time to dive in and know the steps to hide blue tick on Twitter. In order to hide the blue checkmark on Twitter, follow the given steps.
- Launch the Twitter app on your device.
- Now, head to your settings page.
- In the section of account settings, you will see the Profile customization option, tap on it.
- You will find the hide the checkmark option, checkmark the box next to it in order to hide your blue tick and voila, you are done!
Major Features of Twitter Blue
Twitter Blue was rolled out in 2021, but with the takeover of Twitter by Elon Musk, there are many new features that are added. Following is the list of features that the Twitter Blue subscription will offer to its users.
- Ad-free Articles: Twitter Blue will offer ad-free articles to its users. It is to be noted that the users will get 50% fewer ads on the platform.
- Ability to Post Longer Videos: Twitter Blue will let users post longer videos on the platform.
- Blue and White Badge: One of the most important features that Twitter Blue will let the users have the verified badge which it earlier offered to limited verified accounts.
- Encrypted DMs: Twitter has released its first version of encrypted DMs to verified users (such as Blue subscribers). Twitter said that while encryption works across platforms, the recipient has to follow the sender to enable it.
Twitter is known for its quick updates and user-friendly interface. With Elon Musk taking over Twitter, there are many new changes incorporated on the platform and now he has announced that paying members can hide Twitter blue checkmark. To know, How to Hide Blue Tick on Twitter, read the entire article and do share it with your friends.
For more trending stuff on technology, gaming, and social media, keep visiting, Path of EX! For any queries, comment below, and we will get back to you ASAP!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Twitter Blue tick for everyone?
According to Twitter, any account holder who has actively subscribed to Twitter Blue is eligible to receive the blue checkmark.
2. Why did Twitter remove blue ticks?
Twitter removed blue ticks after owner Elon Musk introduced a paid service to verify accounts last year.
3. Is Twitter Blue check the same as verified?
Yes, A blue tick or blue checkmark is a badge that says you are verified on Twitter. You can get a blue tick by signing up for a Twitter Blue subscription.
4. How much is a blue tick on Twitter?
Blue Tick costs from $8 a month in the US, £9.60 in the UK, and A$13 in Australia.