TikTok is known for its unique and distinct features. You can interact with your audience on the platform by creating and sharing your video content with over 1.2 billion users on TikTok. You can build your brand on the platform. You can go live on the TikTok app and interact with your audience whenever possible. If you want to know the way to go live on the platform, then you are at the right place. In this article, I will tell you, How to Go Live on TikTok.
Going live on TikTok means interacting with your audience in real-time. It is a great way to interact with your audience and showcase your personality to your followers. Your comments on the TikTok live will be the most interactive feature, and you can ask questions to your favorite creators on the platform and get to know them better.
TikTok Live also allows users to send gifts like Lion, Rose, Galaxy, etc, to their favorite creators. So, in short other than just interacting, you can also send gifts as a mark of appreciation to your favorite creators. So, without further ado, let’s dig in to learn how to go live on TikTok.
In This Article
Requirements to Go Live on TikTok
Like any other rule on TikTok, it is quite basic to know and ensure that you are aligned with the platform’s requirements. In case you are not able to go live on TikTok, it means you are not fulfilling the requirements set by TikTok. In the below-mentioned list, I have given the requirement list to go live on TikTok.
- Your age should be at least 16 years old as per the date of birth you have set on the TikTok.
- You must have at least 1,000 followers.
- You must not have any Community Guidelines violations in the past 30 days.
How to Go Live on TikTok?
Going live on TikTok has its perks; the most important among them is proper interaction. After following the requirements to go live on TikTok, it is a fairly easy process. In order to go live on TikTok, you need to follow the steps mentioned below.
Step 1: Open TikTok App
Launch the TikTok app on your device, and log in to your account by providing your credentials.
Step 2: Tap the plus icon at the bottom of the screen
Click on the plus icon located at the bottom of the screen, and you will open the camera.
Step 3: Tap the Live option from the bottom menu
Now choose the live option from the bottom menu in order to go live on the platform.
Step 4: Add a title for your live stream.
Choose the name of the live stream, and this will help your followers know what your live stream is about.
Step 5: Tap the Go Live button to start your live stream.
Click on the Go Live button, and voila, you are done! Once you’re Live on TikTok, you will easily interact with your audience by reading and responding to comments and inviting viewers to join you on screen. You can also hide chat on TikTok Live and use various effects and filters to enhance your live stream.
How to Join Someone Else’s TikTok Live?
Now that you know how to go Live on TikTok, you must be wondering the way to join someone’s TikTok Live on the platform. In order to join someone’s live stream on TikTok, you need to follow the steps mentioned below.
- Launch the TikTok app on your device, and log in to your account by providing your credentials.
- Navigate to the profile of the person who is currently live streaming.
- You will be able to see a red “Live” icon on their profile picture if they are live streaming.
- Click on their profile picture to go to their live stream.
- After you have joined the live stream of the user, you can easily send comments, likes, and gifts to the streamer.
It is to be noted that not all TikTok users can go live on the platform, and even if they can, they may not be live streaming at the time you check their profile.
Can You Make Money on TikTok Live?
If you are an active member of TikTok, you must be aware that you can make money on TikTok Live by easily sending gifts to TikTok Live, and you must know how often TikTok updates its Live feature. And much to the creators’ delight, you can easily convert these gifts into your TikTok balance.
When you send a gift on TikTok, it gets converted into diamonds. But TikTok takes a 50% commission from it, which means that the recipient only gets 50% of the coins’ value. For instance, if you send an ‘I’m Very Rich’ gift that costs a thousand coins, the recipient will get the value of only 500 coins.
Can You Go Live on TikTok Without 1000 Followers?
TikTok has a strict rule when it comes to who can go live on the platform. TikTok’s rule of going Live with 1000 followers makes it difficult for new followers to go live on the platform.
There are many hacks and third-party tools that claim to help you when you have less than 1000 followers on TikTok. In order to go live without 1000 followers, you will need to file a support ticket claiming that you used to have LIVE access and asking customer service to reinstate this privilege.
Tips for a Successful Live Stream on TikTok
Live streaming on TikTok is a great way to connect with your followers and showcase your personality. In the below-mentioned guide, I have listed some tips to help make your live stream a success:
1. Promote your live stream ahead of time: Let your followers know beforehand about your live stream. Building an anticipate will create curiosity about your live stream and ensure your followers don’t miss your live stream.
2. Engage with your audience: Once you are streaming live on TikTok, engage with your audience by reading and responding to comments from your viewers. Make the live stream as interactive as possible.
3. Be authentic: Ensure that you are being yourself and not imitating other users on the platform. Be natural and authentic, and let your personality shine through.
4. Use effects and filters: Once you use features of TikTok, like the effects and filters of the platform, it will enhance your live stream. Experiment with different effects and filters to find ones that work for you.
5. Practice beforehand: In case you are going live on TikTok for the first time, make sure to practice beforehand. Practicing beforehand will help you get comfortable with the platform and ensure your live stream goes smoothly.
TikTok is one of the most sought platforms in the contemporary social media scenario. TikTok has a live feature that allows a user to interact with their audience and build their personal brand in real-time. To know, How to Go Live on TikTok, read the entire article, and share it with your friends.
For more trending stuff on Technology, Gaming, and Social Media, keep visiting Path of EX. For any queries, comment below, and we will get back to you ASAP!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I go live on TikTok if I don’t meet the follower requirement?
TikTok requires a user to have at least 1000 followers to go live on the platform.
2. Can I save my live stream after it’s ended?
After ending your LIVE video, the LIVE replay will be available from LIVE Center. You can then choose to rewatch your LIVE video and download it to your device.
3. Can I monetize my live stream on TikTok?
Yes, you can monetize your live stream on TikTok if your followers on the platform will send you gifts during the live stream.
4. How long can I go live on TikTok?
TikTok does not have a time limit to Lives; however, TikTok recommends ending your live stream after 30 minutes.
5. Can I see who viewed my live stream on TikTok?
No, you can not see who viewed your live stream.