For decades, cable TV has been getting a decreasing number of customers. Several people have disconnected the cable and now are relying on different streaming services like Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, and many more. Some people are reluctant to give up their cable TV since they desire quick access to local TV channels without having to choose an antenna. Well, I understand your query and here you will get the information on how to get local channels without cable.
There are various options available for cable users to watch and stream local TV stations. Consumers who have been hesitant in buying one are not aware of how many free channels are now available for streaming. Let me tell you that you can use your mobile devices as well as the smart TV to stream local channels.
To know more about how to get local channels without cable, let’s look for the ways to watch sports, morning news, or cartoons on your local TV channels. You can enjoy the streaming in your comfort zones.
In This Article
How to Get Local Channels Without Cable
Everyone loves to stream different media content. However, preferences vary from person to person. Some people prefer to use streaming platforms to watch the different content while some people prefer to watch local TV channels. If you are among the people who are in search of the local TV channels, I will provide you with a list of TV antennas and other options to get local channels without cable.
1. Use HDTV Antennas
If you want to get local channels without cable, you can use HDTV antennas and enjoy the streaming of local channels. You do not need to climb on the roof to get it installed. You can simply install it on an adjacent window. Therefore, I recommend you some powerful HDTV antennas-
- Gesobyte Amplified HD Digital TV Antenna
- Tonristic HDTV Antenna
- 1byone Amplified HDTV Antenna
- Vansky Antenna
- Mohu Leaf Antenna
- ClearStream Eclipse Antenna
|Gesobyte Amplified HD Digital TV Antenna||$29.90||250 miles||4.5|
|Tonristic HDTV Antenna||$31.98||400 miles||4.1|
|1byone Amplified HDTV Antenna||$27.99||200 miles||4.2|
|Vansky Antenna||$23.99||250 miles||4|
|Mohu Leaf Antenna||$64.99||60 miles||3.7|
|ClearStream Eclipse Antenna||$44.99||35 miles||3.5|
2. Stream Live Local Channels
If you want to stream CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX, or any other local TV channel, you can use the various streaming apps below-
1. Paramount Plus
Paramount plus or Paramount+ is a new streaming site derived from Viacom CBS. The main reason behind its creation is to compete with Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney Plus, and HBO Max.
The Paramount Plus has 30,000 episodes and movies. The channels associated with it are BET, CBS, MTV, Nick Jr, and many more.
The devices where you can access Paramount Plus devices are Apple TV, iPhone, iPad, Chromecast, Android phones, Playstation 4, Firestick, Fire TV, Fire Cube, and Portal TV.
2. Peacock TV
Peacock is NBC’s Universal streaming service. It is a platform where you can stream a hundred iconic TV shows, hit movies, and current NBC hits. It also helps you to get local channels without cable.
The channels under Peacock Include NBC proper, NBC News, Syfy, Bravo, and many more. Subscription plans for Peacock are mentioned below.
- Peacock TV with Ads: Peacock TV with Ads costs from $4.99 per month to $50 per annum.
- Peacock TV without Ads: Peacock TV without Ads costs $49.99 per month to $100 per annum.
Devices to Operate Peacock
You can access Peacock on devices like Apple TV, LG Smart TV, PlayStation 4, Chromecast, Microsoft Xbox One, Android Phones, iPhones, etc.
3. Stream Local TV Channels with Streaming Apps
Below I have mentioned the list of streaming apps that will help you to get local channels without cable.
Hulu is an American streaming platform. It has a wide variety of television series and films. Smart TV- Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV, Samsung Smart TV, LG Smart TV. Hulu became the first platform to add Plus in its name in the year 2010. Hulu’s parent company is Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution.
Hulu has more than 75 live and on-demand channels like BET, Bravo, Lifetime, MTV, OWN, TBS, TNT, etc.
Ad-supported plans of Hulu
- Hulu plan with ads for a month is available at $6.99/month.
- Hulu Plan with ads for a year is available at $69.99/year.
Without Ad-supported plans of Hulu
- Hulu’s plan for watching series and movies without ads is for $12.99/month.
Hulu+ Live Now
- You can subscribe to Hulu+ Live now at $69.99 per month.
Devices to Operate Hulu
Mobile- Android, iPhone, tablets.
Gaming Consoles- PS3, PS4, PS5
Roku is a brand that deals with the hardware digital media players manufactured by American Company, Roku inc. It also offers access to streaming media content from various online services.
There is no Roku subscription. You would have to pay only if you chose to subscribe to a channel or service. Roku has 25 premium channels within the Roku channel, namely Showtime, Starz, and EPIX. Roku has many more services like Fitfusion, Lifetime Movie Club, etc.
Roku has its setup, which contains an HDMI cable, a power adapter, a Micro USB cable, and a Roku remote.
3. Fubo TV
FuboTV is an American online television service that focuses largely on stations that broadcast live sports to clients in the United States, Canada, and Spain. Fubo channels may include subscriptions to the EPL, NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS, CPL, and global football, as well as news, network television shows, and movies based on the country.
Stream 100+ channels to watch the live stream like ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, ESPN, HGTV, FX, and many more. Fubo TV is amazing and will help you to get local channels without cable.
FuboTV supported Devices
- Apple TV (4th Generation and newer)
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android TV
- Samsung Smart TV (beta)
- LG Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Vizio SmartCast
- Xbox One
- Xbox Series X/S
4. Sling TV
Sling TV LLC, the company of Dish Network, operates LSling TV, an American streaming television service. The online multimedia video coding supplier, which was revealed on January 5, 2015, at the Consumer Electronics Show, seeks to strengthen subscription online streaming amenities for cable subscribers by providing a choice of significant cable channels and OTT-originated services that can be broadcasted through TVs, streaming devices, and applications.
Sling TV Supported Devices
- Android and Apple iOS devices,
- Android TV, Apple TV, macOS, and Windows computers.
- LG and Samsung smart TVs, Amazon Fire TV.
- Nexus Player, Roku, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S devices,
- Amazon Fire TV, Nexus Player, Roku, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S devices.
5. YouTube TV
If you are looking for the best alternative to cable TV, then YouTube TV is the best option. YouTube TV offers you around 85+channels, stream local news by entering your zip code, and YouTube movies and originals. Moreover, YouTube TV is built with DVR storage, and stream media content from any device.
If you have a YouTube TV, you do not need to have a cable box, and also there is no contract so you can easily cancel it anytime. YouTube TV allows you to have six accounts to access different media content. Moreover, it is the best option to get local channels without cable.
YouTube TV supported devices-
- Chromecast with Google TV devices
- Android TV (Note: TVs running a mobile version of Android may not be supported)
- All Vizio SmartCast TVs
- Samsung & LG smart TVs (2016 models and newer)
- HiSense TVs (models: MTK5658, MTK5659, MSD6586)
- Apple TV (4th generation) and Apple TV 4K
- Fire TV Stick (3rd Gen), Fire TV Stick Lite, Fire TV Stick (2nd Gen), Fire TV Stick 4K, all-new Fire TV Cube, Fire TV Cube (1st Gen), and all Toshiba, Insignia, Element, and Westinghouse Fire TV Edition smart TVs
- Xbox: Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One S, and Xbox One
- PS5, PS4
- TiVo Stream 4K
- Roku: All Roku TVs, Roku Smart Soundbar, Roku Ultra, Roku Ultra LT, Roku Streaming Stick+, Roku Streaming Stick+ HE, Roku Streaming Stick (3600x and newer models), Roku Express/Express+, Roku Premiere+, Roku Premiere, Roku 4, Roku 3 (4200x, 4230x), and Roku 2 (4210x)
- Xfinity Flex devices
So this was all about how to get local channels without cable. Whether you get the HDTV antennas or use different streaming apps, you can easily watch local channels. You can now enjoy unlimited streaming on any of the streaming services I hope you find this article useful. Feel free to share the article with your friends and let them know how to get local channels without cable. Have a good day!