Being one of the sought music streaming platforms, the Spotify app also goes through some errors. Here the Spotify radio feature is not working. This feature helps you to create your own playlist of songs or albums of a particular genre or mood. The Spotify radio feature is customizable and can include only 50 tracks. If you are facing any issues, I will tell you how to fix Spotify radio not working. The fixes to solve the issue are given below.
Spotify also has more features to look up to. Some of them are the Spotify pie chart, where you can create a chart of your year-long listening history. Also, if you are unhappy and unsatisfied with the latest version, you can get the older version of Spotify. Similar features help you to have a great listening experience on the platform.
If you are facing an issue with Spotify radio, read ahead and get to know how to fix Spotify radio not working. The fixes are detailed for your benefit and give you an idea of how to solve the issue.
In This Article
How to Fix Spotify Radio Not Working: Troubleshooting Guide
If you wish to fix the Spotify radio not working, follow some methods as mentioned below. Do not worry; they are easy to follow and use. So, just check out the list below and choose the one perfect for you.
Method 1: Check Your Internet Connection to Fix Spotify Radio Not Working
You cannot use Spotify Radio playback when you have an unstable internet connection. The major prerequisite for Spotify to provide seamless music is to have a stable and reliable internet connection. Hence, to check the internet connection, refer to the steps below:
- Launch the web browser on your device.
- Go to a website you like.
- When you see the website loads quickly, the internet connection is stable.
- When the website takes a long time to load or does not load, reset your modem and router or contact your internet service provider (ISP) for further assistance.
- If you use a mobile device, switch between Wi-Fi and cellular data and check whether it improves the internet connection.
Method 2: Update the Spotify App to Fix Spotify Radio Not Working
You must update the Spotify app to fix the issue of the Radio not playing. Spotify releases frequent updates for its platform. The updates help improve the app’s performance and keep the platform free from bugs and glitches.
- Launch the App Store for iOS users or Google Play Store for Android users on your device.
- Search for the Spotify app and check if there is any pending update.
- If the update is available, download and install it.
Method 3: Fix Spotify Radio Not Working by Clearing Your Cache
When you clear the cache, you get rid of the unwanted files and programs stored in the app, which take up a lot of unnecessary space. Hence, to remove the cache from the app, you should follow the steps below:
- Launch the Spotify app on your device.
- Go to the top-right corner and click on the gear icon.
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Go down to the Storage section and click on Delete Cache.
- Restart the app and use Spotify Radio again.
Method 4: Check Your Account to Fix Spotify Radio Not Working
Sometimes when you experience a problem with Spotify, you must check the account you use. Hence, to check the account, please read the steps below:
- Log into the correct account.
- Check your account subscription status.
- When the subscription has expired, you will not be able to use Spotify Radio.
- Check your payment status.
- When there is an issue with your payment, Spotify may disable your account.
Method 5: Reinstall the Spotify App to Fix Spotify Radio Not Working
The last method is to reinstall the Spotify app. You can try this easy fix and reinstall the app. To do so, read the steps mentioned below:
- Uninstall the Spotify app from your device.
- Restart the device.
- Reinstall the Spotify app from the App Store for iOS users or Google Play Store for Android users.
- Log in to your account again and try using Spotify Radio again.
Watch – How to Fix Spotify Radio Not Working
The solutions mentioned above for how to fix Spotify radio not working are easy to follow. You can try one or, if required, more than one. The fixes are straightforward, like updating the app, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, clearing the cache, and checking the internet connection. These would be enough to solve the issue from your end.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why is my Spotify Radio not working?
The reason for Spotify radio not working can be many, like cache not clear, app not updated, internet connection not stable, or a problem in the Spotify account.
2. Can I use Spotify Radio without a premium account?
Yes, you can use Spotify Radio whether your account is free or premium.
3. Will reinstalling the app delete my playlists and saved music?
No, your playlist and saved music will not get deleted when you reinstall the Spotify app.
4. How do I create a custom radio station on Spotify?
To create a custom radio station at Spotify, read the steps below:
1. Launch the Spotify app on your device.
2. Select the song or playlist you like.
3. Go to the upper right corner and click on the three-dot option.
4. According to your selection, go to the Song, album, playlist, or the Artist’s radio.
5. Spotify will create a playlist as per your selection.
5. Is Spotify Radio available in all countries?
Mostly, the Spotify radio is available in U.S., Africa, America, Oceania, and Asia only.