Are you facing issues with Fortnite? An error called Fortnite matchmaking error popped up out of nowhere for you too? This article is just made for you to help you fix this matchmaking error of Fortnite. Let’s go and fix this issue asap.
Fortnite matchmaking error is the most unexpected and the most unreasonable error that I have ever encountered in my life. This error shows up out of nowhere and gets on our nerves even before the match starts. I want to make sure I fix this error once in for all. Let’s go readers and fix this matchmaking error of Fortnite now!
Fortnite will not let you enter a match saying that there was a Fortnite matchmaking error. You cannot play Fortnite till it is fixed. So, let’s get the matchmaking error of Fortnite fixed asap. Let’s get started.
What Is Fortnite Matchmaking Error?
Matchmaker, an automated mechanism used by Fortnite, places players in specific groups during online play. You can face a Fortnite matchmaking Error because the matchmaker occasionally stops functioning in the middle of its operation as a result of some problems or a fault. This prevents the player from joining a match. Since Fortnite’s release years ago, there has been this problem, which hasn’t completely vanished.
Let’s scroll on and find out the causes behind this Fortnite matchmaking Error.
Also, read How To Get The Fortnite Explosive Goo Gun | 3 Locations Of Goo Gun
Why Does Fortnite Matchmaking Error Occur | Causes & Reasons
There is always a reason behind every error issue. If we figure out the reason first, we can find out the fix. So, let’s list out all the reasons why the Fortnite Matchmaking error shows up.
- Server downs
- Internet connectivity issues
- Router issues
- High ping/network lag in your Fortnite matchmaking region.
- Sudden player surge or queue lines on battle Fortnite Matchmaking
- Corrupted Fortnite game files
Also, read Get Pumpkin Head in Fortnite for Halloween Outfits 2023 | Fortnite Pumpkin Skin
How To Fix Fortnite Matchmaking Error On Any Device | 7 Fixes
As I always say. There is a solution behind every problem and there is a fix behind every error. There is nothing in this Fortnite world that is not fixable. Now, it is time for us to check out all the potential fixes to fix Fortnite Matchmaking Error.
Fix 1 – Check The Fortnite Servers
Make sure there are no known server issues from Epic Games’ end as the initial step in the troubleshooting process. To accomplish that, go to the official Epic Games website and check to see if their matchmaking service is experiencing any official operational problems. If there is an official server down, you can do nothing but wait. If there are no server downs and you are still facing the Fortnite Matchmaking Error, you must simply follow my other fixes here.
Also, read Fortnite Paradise Discord Quest Launched With 6 Challenges | Enter Now!
Fix 2 – Close & Restart The Fortnite
Several players find that merely restarting the game or joining at a later time fixes this Fortnite Matchmaking Error. If you haven’t already, force closing Fortnite can help to solve the problem or else you can decide to try returning to the battle royale game later.
Fix 3 – Switch To A Different Server
In order to provide you with the best possible gaming experience, Fortnite will automatically choose the appropriate matchmaking location for you. The system chooses this based on the area with the lowest ms or ping. You can, however, manually change your region if you choose when you face this issue called Fortnite Matchmaking Error. Follow these steps to do that:
- Go to the main Fortnite Home screen.
- Select the main menu icon which is like three horizontal lines located near the upper right corner.
- Select the Settings.
- Select the Gear icon tab.
- Select the Matchmaking region of your choice.
Also, read 10 Best Games Like Fortnite: Working In 2023 | Fortnite Alternative Games
Fix 4 – Check Internet-Related Issues
The next best thing you can do is to make sure that the Fortnite matchmaking error isn’t being caused by your own internet connection if there are no reported server troubles at all and you’ve already chosen the optimal matchmaking region. A sluggish connection can be the cause. Check for network latency and limited bandwidth. Make sure you try out basic fixes like this one.
Fix 5 – Change Date & Time In Settings
If your device’s date and time settings don’t match those on the game server, the game server may occasionally fail to connect with your device & may show up the Fortnite matchmaking error. On a console, the Settings menu will allow you to adjust the time and date. PC users can adhere to these actions to change the date and time.
- First, press the Start button.
- Navigate to Settings in step two.
- Choose Language & Time.
- Ensure that the option labeled “Set time automatically” is disabled.
- Press the Change button.
- Change the time and date to reflect your location.
- To confirm changes, click the Change button.
- Reopen Fortnite and start playing.
Also, read How To Change Fortnite Name on Mobile, PS, Nintendo, Xbox | 5 Easy-Steps
Fix 6 – Delete The Corrupted Fortnite Files
The installation files for the game may frequently become corrupted and cause the Fortnite matchmaking error. You must detect and delete all the Corrupted Fortnite Files for experiencing lag and error-free Fortnite gameplay.
- If it isn’t already open, launch your Epic Games Launcher.
- On the left side, click the Library icon.
- Choose your Fortnite game from the list by clicking the three dots next to it.
- Choose the “Manage” option from the menu that appears once the game launches.
- Click the “Verify” button on the new screen.
- Wait for the verification process to be completed before starting the game to be sure the error has been fixed.
Fix 7 – Perform A Clean Boot
Due to the length of this solution and the time and patience required on your part, I saved it for last. The objective is to end all unwanted background operations that could obstruct gameplay. If none of the fixes work out for you to fix the Fortnite matchmaking error, you may try this lengthy fix. Here is how to perform a clean boot of the PC –
- Windows+R will launch the Run application.
- Type the word “msconfig” into the Open box.
- The “Selective startup” option is selected when System Configuration opens.
- Uncheck the “Load startup items” box under Selective startup.
- At the app’s top, select the Service tab.
- Go to the bottom of the screen where it shows all the services accessible on your computer and choose the “Hide all Microsoft services” checkbox.
Also, read Coming Soon! John Cena Fortnite Skin | Release Date & Outlook
That’s it. This is how you can fix Fortnite matchmaking error. Hope I was clear, and I also assume that your error is fixed now. Share this valuable and useful guide with your fellow Fortnite warriors. Bye, folks.
Thanks for reading…