Who likes interruptions and errors between interesting sci-fi survival action-adventure games like Dead Space? Yes, nobody. Even if we face an error, we all wanna fix it quickly. This article is for you if you want to know how to Fix Controller Not Working in Dead Space error. Let’s know-how.
Errors are pretty common in Dead Space considering the popularity of the game and its availability on multiple platforms. Dead Space got released on PlayStation 5, Windows PC, and Xbox Series X/S & soon after that many unfortunate players faced errors. Let’s see how to Fix Controller Not Working in Dead Space now!
Enough of complaining and winning over the errors. Let’s fix them on our own now. Use this article & know how to Fix Controller Not Working in Dead Space easily. Scroll on to find out.
In This Article
How To Fix Controller Not Working In Dead Space | 6 Easy Fixes
Gamers absolutely adore playing games with controllers, especially when it comes to genres like racing video games. However, it tends to look frustrating when the attached controller might not function in specific situations on your PC. It doesn’t imply that there are problems with your USB port or controller. It denotes a conflicting situation. Here are some fixes on how to Fix Controller Not Working in Dead Space.
Fix 1: Disable Steam Output
In order to Fix Controller Not Working in Dead Space, you have to disable the steam output. Here is how to do that –
- Sign in or log into your Steam account
- Go to the Library and look for the Dead space option
- Right-click on the “Dead Space”
- Click on Properties & select controller
- Choose the option called Override for Dead Space.
- And then finally select ‘Disable Steam Input’.
Fix 2: Run Steam & The Game Dead Space As An Administrator
In order to Fix Controller Not Working in Dead Space issue, you must run Steam & the game Dead Space as an administrator. Here is how to do that –
- Right-click on the Steam app or icon.
- Go to the properties & then to Compatibility.
- Choose run this program as an administrator and then tick & Apply and lastly press OK.
- Right-click on the Dead Space application button & then select the properties.
- Choose Compatibility & then click on the Run this program as an administrator option.
- Select Apply & then OK.
Fix 3: Launch The Steam in Big Picture Mode
In order to Fix Controller Not Working in Dead Space error, you must launch Steam in big picture mode. Here is how to do that –
- Open the Steam app or site on your PC
- Click on the View tab from the top-left corner.
- Now, choose Big Picture Mode.
- If prompted, click on Continue.
- Click on Library.
- Go to Games under the Browse area.
- Select Dead Space Remake.
- Now, exit from the Big Picture Mode, and check for the issue again.
Fix 4: Enable Support Configuration
In order to Fix Controller Not Working in Dead Space error, you must enable support configuration. Here is how to do that –
- Open the Steam website or app and login/sign in to your account.
- Go to Settings and select Controller.
- And then go to the General Controller Settings.
- If you are using a PS controller, enable the PlayStation Configuration Support option.
- If you’re using an Xbox controller for your Dead Space gameplay, enable the Xbox Configuration Support option.
Fix 5: Press the Alt+Enter keys
Make sure to press the Alt+Enter buttons on the keyboard to exit the game screen if the controller disconnects automatically or can’t be recognized unexpectedly while you’re playing. The problem might then be resolved in any case by returning to the game screen.
Fix 6: Disable & Enable Steam Input
In order to Fix Controller Not Working in Dead Space error, you must disable and enable steam output. Here is how to do that –
- Launch the Steam app or site.
- Go to the Library.
- Right-click on Dead Space Remake & then select Properties.
- Click on Controller & Click on the ‘Use default settings’ drop-down menu.
- Choose ‘Disable Steam Input’ from the list & try launching the Dead Space game.
- If you are still facing the same problem, then you have to follow the steps again & select Enable Steam Input this time, then try again.
Classic Methods To Fix Controller Not Working in Dead Space
You must try out some of the classic troubleshooting methods and fixes to know how to Fix Controller Not Working in Dead Space quickly. Here are some of the classic fixes –
- Connect your controller to your PC if you’re experiencing trouble with the controller bindings (Dead Space-specific).
- Rather than using the EA app, launch the game from Steam.
- Launch the game on Steam after adding the “EADesktop” software (Go to Library, Add a Game, Add a Non-Steam Game, and select EADesktop).
- Unplug any useless external USB devices (Logitech racing wheel, Thrustmaster racing wheel, additional controllers, etc.).
- Start Steam, then go to Settings & then Downloads, then click Clear Download Cache.
- Reconnect your controller’s plugs (it can be simply a loose plug).
So, this was everything you had to know on How to Fix Controller Not Working in Dead Space. Now we know more or less many things about this error. You can fix it all by yourself, agreed? Share this article and check back Path of EX for more gaming guides.
Thanks for reading!