Snapchat is a fun way to stay connected with your friends. With its cool features, you can make your presence felt on the platform. One such feature is Snapchat location. The feature is a handy tool by which users can enable their location, and their followers can see it. But many times, a user wants to hide or fake their location on the platform. To learn how to fake location on Snapchat Map, go through this blog thoroughly.
A user can have any reason to fake their location or change their vehicle on the Snap map. As Snapchat takes its policies quite seriously, there are no built-in app settings that can help you change your location, but you don’t have to worry; I have found some workarounds for you to fake your location in the Snapchat map.
So, without further ado, let’s dig in to learn about how to fake location on Snapchat Map.
In This Article
How to Fake Location on Snapchat Map?
You can easily fake your Snapchat Location. To fake a location on a Snap map, you need to take the help of third-party apps or tools. The third-party tools with certain GPS technology will help you forge your location and betray the Snapchat map algorithm. In the below-mentioned guide, I have explained the methods and apps/tools to use.
How to Fake Location on Snapchat Map on iOS Device/ iPhone?
Follow the steps mentioned below to change or fake the location on Snapchat Map on an iPhone.
- Head to the App Store on your device and download Tenorshare iAnyGo.
- After downloading and installing it, launch it on your device; this program’s default mode is Change Location.
- Now, you need to connect your iPhone to your computer (Mac or Windows) with a USB.
- Unlock your iPhone and tap Enter.
- Now, you will have to pick your preferred location. Once you have done this, just hit Start to Modify to change your location.
- Once done, the new location will show up after you restart Snapchat.
How to Fake Location on Snapchat Map on an Android Device?
iAnyGo cannot work for you if you use an Android device. For an Android device, you can use the Fake GPS Location app. Follow the steps mentioned below to change or fake the location on Snapchat Map on an Android device.
- Navigate to the Google Play Store and then find the Fake GPS Location app. Download and install the app on your device.
- Now, after downloading and installing the app, launch the Fake GPS Location app on your device.
- The app will prompt you to Enable Mock Locations on the home screen.
- Click on the Enable Mock Locations option, and the app will redirect you to Developer options.
- Now, you will have to look for the search icon and then search for your preferred location. Alternatively, you can easily double-tap the map on your preferred destination to drop the pin.
- Select the Play button so that the fake location will be activated immediately.
- Now that you have faked the device’s location, head to the Snapchat app on your device and continue using it as if you are in the faked location.
Reasons For Faking or Changing the Snapchat Location
There can be many reasons why a user wants to change their Snapchat location. In the below-mentioned guide, I have explained the reasons for changing the Snapchat location on the Snap map.
- A user might want to make other users believe that they are spending their time at some exotic location.
- A user might want to use some features of the platform that are available in that particular location.
- A user might want to find followers and other users from that particular location.
- A user might want to sneak out of your real location without anyone knowing.
The Snapchat Maps feature uses the device’s GPS to place users on a virtual map visible to other Snapchat account holders. I hope all your doubts regarding how to fake location on Snapchat map are clear. Now, don’t forget to share it with your friends.
For more trending stuff on Technology, Social Media, and Gaming, keep visiting Path of EX. For any queries, comment below, and we will get back to you ASAP!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Snapchat Location Accurate?
Yes, Snapchat’s location is accurate. Experts say its accuracy is even better than that of many mapping apps.
2. Can you get someone’s location from Snapchat?
Yes, you can get someone’s location from Snapchat, but only if they have decided to share their location with others.