Snapchat is popularly known for its ephemeral and instant messaging. With monthly active users of over 331 million, Snapchat has found its main audience among Gen Z. If you are here to learn, How to Download Snapchat on Mac, keep reading!
Snapchat is available for free on iOS and Android devices. Getting your Snapchat installed on all your devices is quite convenient; you can get the latest updates from your friends and maintain snap streaks with your loved ones on Snapchat from any of your devices, whether it is a smartphone or a PC.
To know, How to Download Snapchat on Mac, stay with us! This will help you to know how to access Snapchat on Mac.
In This Article
How to Download Snapchat on Mac?
Unfortunately, Snapchat is not officially available on Mac App Store. Apple had announced that Snapchat would be available on the store, but it still hasn’t.
But don’t worry; we got you! You can still follow the steps mentioned below in order to get Snapchat on Mac.
Note: In order to get Snapchat on Mac, it is a prerequisite to have a Google Play Store account.
- On your Mac device, launch System Preferences app.
- From the system preferences options, select Security & Privacy option.
- Tab on the general option and check the option of allow Apps downloaded from the app store or identified developers.
- To proceed further, you need an Android emulator, an Android emulator essentially creates your device into virtual Android device so that you can download the apps that are specifically for Android.
- The most common and reliable Android emulator that you can use is Bluestacks.
- After downloading and installing Bluestacks, you need a Google Sign-In.
- After signing in, search for the Snapchat app on the play store and install it.
- Log in to your Snapchat account or create a new account.
- You can now use, the Snapchat account on your Mac device.
Is Snapchat Available For All Devices?
Snapchat is primarily designed for iOS and Android Smartphones. Snapchat recently upgraded to Snapchat for the Web feature.
Snapchat for Web feature lets the users send snaps and chat with friends via video calls, all from their desktops.
To know how to get Snapchat on Macbook pro, let me tell you Snapchat app is not officially available on Mac App Store. Apple had announced that Snapchat would be available on the store, but it still hasn’t.
Watch How to Download Snapchat on Mac
Snapchat is one of the most popular social media platforms among Gen Z. To get your Snapchat on all your devices is quite convenient as it get you access to use the platform from any device anywhere. To know, How to Download Snapchat on Mac, read the entire article and do share it with your friends to get Snapchat for Mac!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to Download Snapchat on Mac?
To download Snapchat on Mac, you need to follow the steps mentioned in the article.
2. Is Bluestacks Mac safe?
Yes, the BlueStacks is a legal Android emulator and is entirely safe for any operating system, regardless of Mac.
3. What other Android emulator than Bluestacks can I use to get Snapchat on Mac?
You can replace Bluestacks with Nox Player to get Snapchat on Mac.
4. How do you get Snapchat on Mac without downloading it?
To get Snapchat on Mac without downloading it, you can simply visit a Snapchat website and enter your login credentials.