TikTok offers a variety of features that make the platform one of the biggest platforms in the world. Every other day there is a new feature that TikTok launches. TikTok recently launched a new feature that allows users to dislike comments that other users have left on their posts. In this article, I will tell you, How to Dislike Comments on TikTok.
TikTok announced the testing of the dislike feature for comments in April 2022 and the feature was rolled out globally in September 2022. There are many engagement features regarding the TikTok comments on the platform, a user can easily pin comments and even like them.
So, without further ado, let’s dig in to know, how to dislike comments on TikTok.
In This Article
How to Dislike Comments on TikTok?
In order to flag comments that a user considers spam or inappropriate, a user can now dislike those comments. To know, how you can dislike comments on TikTok. follow the given steps.
- Make sure your TikTok app is updated to the latest version. In case not, head to the Play Store or App Store on your Android or iOS device and update your app.
- Launch TikTok on your device.
- Head to any TikTok video and tap on the comment section there.
- Choose the comment in the comment section that you want to dislike.
- Now tap on the thumbs-down icon to the right of a comment.
- Once done, tapping the dislike option, the icon will turn black.
- In case you disliked the comment by mistake, tap on the icon again and it will turn white, meaning you have undone the dislike option.
What is Dislike Comments Feature on TikTok?
In order to increase the engagement of users in the comment section on TikTok, the platform launched the dislike option which will allow a user to dislike any comment on the platform.
In case you have disliked a particular comment on TikTok, the dislike won’t be public and users who have commented won’t be notified that their comment has been disliked.
Other users on the platform will not be able to see how many times a comment has been disliked. And in case you have disliked the comment by mistake, you can easily take it back by tapping the button again.
Where is the Dislike Button in TikTok Comments?
The new dislike button is the thumbs-down icon located to the right of the heart-shaped like button next to each comment on a TikTok. The dislike button TikTok is considered a mild report button for comments which even though don’t violate TikTok’s guidelines but can be termed as inappropriate.
A user can easily tap on the thumbs-down icon and dislike the comment. The feature according to TikTok was launched to “foster a comments section for genuine and authentic interaction.”
Watch How to Dislike Comments on TikTok
TikTok is known for its ever-changing trends and challenges. TikTok updates its platform quite often to keep up with the ever-changing needs of its young audience. TikTok launched its dislike feature for comments in September 2022. To know, How to Dislike Comments on TikTok, read the entire article and share it with your friends. For more trending stuff, keep visiting Path of EX.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to dislike comments on TikTok?
Launch TikTok>Go to any TikTok video and open the comment section there>Tap on the thumbs-down icon right next to the comment of your choice> As you tap on the dislike option, the icon will turn black, meaning you have disliked the comment.
Why don’t I have a dislike comment option on TikTok?
The most possible reason why you don’t have a dislike comment option is that you have not updated your TikTok app in a long time.
How to dislike comments on TikTok on an Android device?
The process to dislike comments on TikTok is similar in iOS and Android devices, follow the steps below-
1. Launch TikTok on your device.
2. Head to any TikTok video and tap on the comment section there.
3. Choose the comment in the comment section that you want to dislike.
4. Now tap on the thumbs-down icon to the right of a comment.
5. Once done, tapping the dislike option, the icon will turn black.