Apple was once serious about keeping customers from personalizing their home screen. The company, on the other hand, is currently even more flexible. You may completely modify the design of your iPhone’s homepage by replacing the app icons with personalized ones and inserting widgets. If you are still figuring out how to do it, you are on the right page to get information about How To Customize The iPhone Home Screen.
Let’s imagine you’re getting ready for a holiday, such as Christmas, Halloween, or any other special occasion, and you want your iPhone to be all gloomy and festive. Did you know that you will do more than modify your background to some aesthetic look on your home screen? You can even put a video snippet of anything on your lock screen. If you want to go for it, It’s easy to make a customized iPhone home screen.
If you are curious to know how to get started, let’s walk down through my article and learn all the easy methods that will give a completely new look to your iPhone. Keep reading to know more.
How To Customize The iPhone Home Screen | 4 Best Methods
A customized iPhone home screen creates an attractive look on your iPhone. Building a unique home screen for your iPhone needs strategies that I will discuss in the subheadings below. If you are curious to know what they are, then let’s get started on how to customize the iPhone home screen.
1. Reduce the Number of Apps You Use
To customize the iPhone home screen, reduce the number of apps on your home screen before you begin. When there are too many apps installed, the screen can seem crowded. Moreover, if you have a few apps on your home screen, changing the icon for each one will take less time.
To delete an app from your home screen, press and hold it, then choose “remove from the home screen” and confirm. You’re not going to get rid of it. You may find it in the App Library by swiping right on your home screen or searching for it by sliding down on the home screen.
2. Make Beautiful App icons
Once you’ve added several apps to your homepage, search on the internet or in your camera collection to get some photos to use as app icons. You can get an amazing themed icon from Iconfinder, IconArchive, Flaticons, Iconmonstr, and many more. These themed icons are free to use and easy to download. This is one of the amazing methods to customize the iPhone home screen.
3. Create App Shortcuts
Open the Shortcuts app on Apple’s App Store. However, you do not need to download it because it comes pre-installed. Shortcuts will be used to change the icons and photographs on all of the app icons on your homepage. All you have to do now is create an app shortcut and put it on your homepage. It has the title and icon that you gave it.
Follow these instructions in the Shortcuts app to customize the iPhone home screen-
- Press the + option on the corner side.
- Click Add Action in the new shortcut column.
- Choose “Open app” from the pop-up menu.
- Choose the app you wish to access from the new shortcut column by clicking Choose.
- To view the details section, click any app in the corner.
- Click Add to Home Screen in the details window.
- Click the shortcut name in the preview window
- Remove “new shortcut” and give the app a new name.
- Next to the shortcut icon, click the icon (under Home Screen Name and Icon).
- Choose a photo from the edit button menu that appears.
- Your photo album will appear. Choose a photo that you’d like to use as an icon.
- Click Add in the preview window.
- To view the result, exit Shortcuts and go to your home screen.
- You can see the app shortcut with a custom symbol and name that you created.
- Erase the original app from your start screen so that both apps aren’t displayed.
3. Make Custom Widgets
To customize the iPhone home screen, you can make beautiful customized widgets for your iPhone home screen. For this, follow the steps below-
- Go to the Widgets column in Color Widgets.
- Choose the “Create your photo widget” option from the Photos row.
- Select a photo from the photo gallery that appears and verify the crop.
- If you like, you can change the background color on the personalized screen.
- After you’ve finished customizing, click Set Widget.
- You may be required to either replace or develop a widget.
- Disable Color Widgets and press and hold on to a space on the home page.
- In the corner, press the + icon.
- Find the “Color Widgets” widget by searching for it.
- Once it opens, select Add Widget and then the size widget you wish to add.
- After that, it will appear on your home page. You may have to change your widget to find the proper one.
- Tap and hold and click Edit Widget to edit the widget.
- Choose the Widget you want to put on your home screen.
4. Make Beautiful Video Wallpapers
If you want to customize the iPhone home screen, you can create an aesthetic look on your iPhone. To try some creativity on your iPhone screen, you can make a beautiful video wallpaper on your iPhone screen.
To achieve the aesthetic change, you should alter your iPhone’s home screen as well. Don’t know where to start? Additional info is accessible on Apple’s support page, but you can also do it manually with the following steps- On your iPhone, go to Settings> Wallpaper> to Choose New Wallpaper.
If you want to use something more creative, put a video wallpaper or “Live Photo”. These wallpapers look like GIFs and move when you hold them down on the screen. Isn’t it cool?
So this was all about how to customize the iPhone home screen. You can create a beautiful home screen. You will like to unlock your iPhone again and again. Feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section. Stay tuned for all the exciting updates.