Spotify is one of the leading audio-streaming giants known for its personalization features. A user can create playlists and share them with others on different social media platforms. With Spotify’s advanced features, a user can now even collaborate with other users to create a collaborative playlist. To know how to create a collaborative playlist on Spotify, go through this blog thoroughly.
Collaborative playlists, as the name suggests, mean when you create or organize a playlist and another user can also join in, and together, you two create and curate a collaborative playlist on Spotify. Collaborative playlists are an excellent feature as they allow users to work together on a playlist and then share it with others.
So, without further ado, let’s dig in to learn what is a collaborative playlist on Spotify and how to create a collaborative playlist on Spotify.
In This Article
What is a Spotify Collaborative Playlist?
Collaborative playlist on Spotify is an interactive feature in which a user can create a playlist and then invite other users to craft and curate the playlist together. Users who have the link to the collaborative playlist can easily add songs to the playlist.
With collaborative playlists, you can merge your music tastes into one shared playlist and make it more tailored to the group. The Spotify collaborative playlist has the interests of different users and can be considered a modern-day mixtape.
The collaborative playlist feature acts as an interactive feature in which different users can join hands in curating a unique playlist and then share it.
How to Create a Collaborative Playlist on Spotify?
Now that you have understood what a collaborative playlist on Spotify is, it is time to dig in and learn about the ways to create a collaborative playlist on Spotify. In the below-mentioned guide, I have explained the step-by-step process of creating a collaborative playlist on Spotify.
- Launch the Spotify app on your device.
- Click on the Your Library tab on the screen.
- Select the Create Playlist option.
- Now, before you decide to invite collaborators, fill in the basic information of your playlist, including the name of your playlist, add a description and/or a cover art image, and choose whether you want it to be public or private.
- Now, add some tracks to the playlist to start off.
- Now that the playlist is ready, it is time to invite the collaborators! To invite collaborators, click on the person icon or the three-dot icon next to it.
- Choose the Invite Collaborators option as you scroll done the page. You will get many sharing options.
- Now, copy the link to the playlist and share it with your friends. The link will expire after 24 hours, and the link needs to be accepted within this time frame. Or else you will have to send another invitation. You can even send an invitation code on any social media platforms
- As your friend accepts the invitation, they will be able to add their music.
How To Manage Spotify Shared Playlist?
Thankfully, a Spotify user doesn’t need a premium subscription to make a collaborative playlist on the Spotify app. The collaborative playlist feature on Spotify was introduced in late 2020, and users have several questions regarding the maintenance of the playlist. In the below-mentioned list, I have explained the ways to manage Spotify shared playlists.
- A user can turn an existing playlist into a collaborative playlist anytime they wish to.
- You have to be a playlist owner to make a playlist collaborative.
- If you are a playlist owner, you can add or remove members at any time.
- The playlist’s picture and title can only be changed by the owner of the playlist.
- The collaborators can add or delete a song from a collaborative playlist.
- The playlist will inform which collaborator added a song to a collaborative playlist, as it will have a name, initial, and picture next to it to inform who added the track.
- The collaborative playlist can be kept private or shared with the public.
Spotify is known for its personalization features. A user can easily create a playlist of their choice. With the collaborative playlist, a user can join hands with other users in order to create and curate a playlist. To know how to create a collaborative playlist on Spotify, read the entire article and share it with your friends.
Keep visiting Path of EX for more trending stuff on Technology, Gaming, and Social Media. For any queries, comment below, and we will get back to you ASAP!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I be a collaborator on Spotify without premium?
Thankfully, you don’t need to be a premium member of Spotify in order to be a collaborator on the platform.
2. How to know if a playlist is collaborative on Spotify?
The playlist will have a circle icon to show if it’s a collaborative playlist on Spotify.