Is it getting tough to collect vines in Minecraft? Not anymore! I am here to help you solve all your doubts. In the jungle environment, vines are a type of plant that appears naturally in Minecraft. They hang from trees, which makes identifying jungle biomes a little simpler. So, let’s figure out how to collect vines in Minecraft.
In Minecraft, players can use anything to destroy vines. However, in the Java and Bedrock versions of the game, respectively, shears and an axe enchanted with silk touch are required to harvest vines. Players can also buy vines from roving merchants for a single emerald. In Minecraft, there are a few items that may be made with vines, but this is not a widespread practice.
For even more vine collection, players can utilize an axe with efficiency. This will, however, only function in the Bedrock version of the game and not the Java version. In Java, shears are the only tool that can be used to collect vines, and efficiency has no bearing on them. In this article, I have gathered everything you need to know to collect Vines in Minecraft.
In This Article
How To Collect Vines In Minecraft In Survival Mode?
In the Bedrock version of Minecraft, combining a vine with a piece of paper will result in a banner pattern. You can utilise vines as an ingredient for mossy cobblestone and mossy stone bricks (the finishing product will resemble a scroll). Players will get to know the steps to collect Vines in Minecraft in this article. In Survival mode, vines can be obtained by cutting them from a tree with a pair of shears and adding them to your inventory. So let’s get going!
Steps to collect Vines in Minecraft –
- Find Vines Growing Around
The first step is to locate vines in your Minecraft world. There are occasions when vines are observed dangling from a tree.
- Hold your Shears
Next, you have to hold your Shears to collect vines in Minecraft. By picking them on the Hotbar, you can put your shears in your hand.
- Use the Shears
The third step to collecting the vines in Minecraft is using your Shears. Depending on the version of Minecraft, the following controls must be used to cut the vines from the tree with the shears:
- For Java Edition (PC/Mac), left-click and hold on to the vines.
- For Pocket Edition (PE), you tap and hold on to the vines.
- For Xbox 360 and Xbox One, press and hold the RT button on the Xbox controller.
- For PS3 and PS4, press and hold the R2 button on the PS controller.
- For Wii U, press and hold the ZR button on the gamepad.
- For Nintendo Switch, press and hold the ZR button on the controller.
- For Windows 10 Edition, left-click and hold on to the vines.
- For Education Edition, left-click and hold on to the vines.
- Pick up the Vines
- Before the vines vanish, be careful to collect vines in Minecraft.
- The vines will appear in your Hotbar as soon as you pick them up.
- Vine is a useful object that you should keep in your possession for future use.
How To Collect Vines In Minecraft Through Vine Farming?
Vine farming is one of the best and most convenient ways to get more vines in Minecraft in a short period. You need to collect vines in Minecraft initially following the above-mentioned method. Here’s how you can build a Vine farm.
Steps to collect Vines in Minecraft through Vine farming-
- Build a roofless room using any stone block.
- Make a 10 x 10 room with a minimum of 5 block height.
- Place a chest on any corner where all vines are going to be collected.
- Make a passage under any wall of 3 x 2 dimensions.
- Place a chest outside the room in that hole and cover the extra area with a glass panel.
- Get a few buckets of water and fill the room with water.
- Make the water flow towards the chest.
- Build some pillars above the roof distance using any solid block.
- Place the collected vines and let them grow.
- The new vines spawn automatically on the adjacent blocks you have to place just one vine.
- As they grow longer, trim them from below and let them fall.
- These Minecraft vines will be collected in the chest automatically.
So, that was all about how to collect Vines in Minecraft. I hope you have got all the information you were looking for collecting Vines in Minecraft. I will update the article once there are any new updates on Vines collecting. Till then, keep sharing this article with your friends.
Also, there are many articles available on Path Of EX about Minecraft gaming, such as how to tame a fox, How to Cure a Zombie Villager, and much more. You can check them out one by one. And stay tuned to Path of EX for more such updates! Happy gaming!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How To Collect Cave Vines In Minecraft?
You are able to pick up cave vines by using a shear on them. Before the vines vanish, be careful to collect vines in Minecraft. The vines will appear in your Hotbar as soon as you pick them up. Vine is a useful object that you should keep in your possession for future use.
2. How Do You Collect Vines In Minecraft Bedrock?
Players can destroy vines with anything in Minecraft, but in order to collect them, players will need to use shears in the Java edition of the game, and an axe enchanted with silk touch in Bedrock. Players can also use an axe with efficiency on it to collect more of the vines.