Do you always listen to and play new music on Spotify, and now your home page is flooded with recently played songs and artists’ suggestions? I know the answer is yes. Well, some users want to keep their listening tracks private. If you are among them? No worries! Here is a way out on how to clear recently played on Spotify.
It is already known that Spotify keeps track of every individual account of recently played songs, artists, and albums. It is extremely important to know that the option to clear recently played on Spotify is only available to those who didn’t accept the update made in 2022. According to this update, you do not have access to clear recently played on Spotify.
If you are a person who wants to have private access to your music, I have figured out a way for you to clear recently played on Spotify. Read the article till the end.
In This Article
Can You Clear Recently Played on Spotify?
There is no proper way to clear recently played on Spotify from within the app. It stopped after an update in Spotify in 2022.
However, you can do it by clearing the app cache and cache data in your device. This will completely refresh your app and clear recently played on Spotify. If you want, you can also hide your Spotify activities from your friends, and then nobody will ever know your Spotify music details.
You might find it a little hard to clear recently played on Spotify in the latest version, but it is possible. Here, in this article, I am going to tell you some convenient ways to clear recently played on Spotify.
How to Clear Recently Played on Spotify?
There is a way to clear recently played on Spotify and get rid of the tracks and artists you listened to in the past. It is possible to do so on iOS, Android, and desktop devices.
How to Clear Recently Played on Spotify on Android Device?
If you are an Android user and wondering how to clear recently played on Spotify, there is a way. However, you will not be able to do so from within the app. You can do it from the settings of your Android device. Here are the guidelines you will need to follow:
1. Open the Settings of your Android device.
2. Go to the Apps.
3. Tap on Manage Apps.
4. Find by scrolling or searching for Spotify.
5. At the bottom of the screen, tap Clear data.
6. Then tap on Clear all data.
7. Next, tap on Clear Cache.
And you are cool with it. This will completely refresh your app and clear recently played Spotify data.
How to Clear Recently Played on Spotify on iOS Devices?
For iOS users also to clear recently played data on Spotify is only possible through settings and not from the Spotify app. Here are the guidelines you need to follow:
1. Open the Settings of your iOS device.
2. Open the option of General.
3. Then, find iPhone Storage and tap on it.
4. Search or Scroll down and find Spotify.
5. Open the Spotify app option.
6. Tap on the option of Offload App in blue color.
7. Confirm to Offload App the device.
And that’s it. You are all done with clearing and refreshing the data of your Spotify app.
How to Clear Recently Played on Spotify on Desktop?
As I am covering the ways to clear recently played on Spotify on all devices, here is the list of guidelines required for you to follow to clear recently played on Spotify on Desktop.
1. Open your Spotify account on your device.
2. Scroll down and find Recently Played.
3. Open the option of Show all in the top right corner.
4. As the Recent played list will open, choose the playlist you want to get rid of.
5. Click on the chosen playlist.
6. Click on the three dots on the screen beside the download and like icon.
7. As the menu appears, click on Exclude from your Taste profile.
And it’s all done. You have successfully removed recently played on Spotify on your desktop.
NOTE: To clear recently played on Spotify from within the app is only possible through desktop and not in handy devices.
Other Ways to Clear Recently Played on Spotify
Besides the above-mentioned methods, you can maintain your privacy wall in some other ways. As a secondary way out to clear recently played on Spotify, you can choose to hide your listening activities from your friends by enabling private sessions. You can simply create a secret playlist on Spotify. Both of these methods will prevent anybody from having access to your Spotify playlist.
How to Hide Your Listening Activities From Friends on Spotify?
The option to hide your listening activities from friends on Spotify will help you in guarding the privacy of your playlists on Spotify. This method is very simple and convenient to do. The steps are mentioned below:
1. Open the Spotify app and log in with your initials.
2. From the homepage, go to the icon of Settings.
3. Scroll down and find the heading Social.
4. Under Social, Turn on the toggle of Private Session.
5. Turn off the toggle of Listening Activity too.
And you are good to go. Now nobody will have a sneak peek at what you are listening to.
NOTE: In some devices, Private sessions may be turned off temporarily.
How to Make Your Spotify Playlists Private?
Making your Spotify playlist private is another method to hide your music taste from your friends. You can make your Spotify playlists private in just a few below-mentioned steps:
1. Open your Spotify app and log in.
2. Click on Your Library at the bottom of your screen.
3. As your playlists will appear, choose the playlist you wish to make private.
4. As the playlist opens, click on the three dots on the screen.
5. A menu will pop up.
6. Scroll down to the option of Make Private.
7. Confirm by tapping on Make Private.
And that’s it. You just made your playlist a private list. Only you and the people you invite will be able to see this playlist now.
How to Clear Search History on Spotify?
After learning all the ways to clear recently played on Spotify in detail, here is how to clear recently played on Spotify. It is very important for you to know this method if you are sharing your account with somebody. It will remove all your search history on Spotify; the other person will not be able to see what you searched for. It is very easy and possible in just a few easy steps:
1. Open the Spotify app and log in.
2. Tap on the Search icon at the bottom of the screen.
3. Tap on the Search Bar at the top of the screen.
4. All your previous searches will appear in a list.
5. Tap on Clear Recent searches at the bottom left of the list.
And you are all done. You have successfully cleared your search history on Spotify. Now nobody can see what you searched on Spotify previously.
Learning all the possible ways to clear recently played on Spotify and to clear search history on Spotify will help you intensify the privacy of the tracks you listen to. I hope all this information suits you in the best way possible. To read more such informative blogs, keep visiting our page, Path of EX.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I clear my entire listening history on Spotify?
Yes, you can clear your entire listening history on Spotify by logging in from a desktop or a computer. Simply open the playlist and click on the three dots on the playlist. Choose the option of Exclude from the menu popped, and it’s done.
2. Will clearing my recently played tracks on Spotify affect my recommendations?
Spotify’s algorithm does not have any effect on the suggestions/recommendations of the songs. Spotify, by default, will suggest you songs based on your interests.
3. How often should I clear my recently played tracks on Spotify?
The decision to clear your recently played tracks on Spotify depends on you. You can do it daily, once a week, or once a month. It completely depends on you.