Worried about how to change your Twitch name on the mobile app? Let me tell you, it doesn’t include creating a new twitch account. You can do it with very few simple steps. The whole process and the steps to change your Twitch name on the mobile app have been explained in minute detail in the article.
As with many social media accounts, we occasionally choose usernames hastily. You can come to the realization later that it’s just not the name you wanted. Another possibility is that the name you choose does not correspond to your present brand. Whatever the cause, getting a new name does not require you to open a new account.
Fortunately, both the Twitch website and the Twitch app make changing your username fairly simple. Here is a step-by-step tutorial on how to change your Twitch name on the mobile app.
In This Article
How To Change Your Twitch Name On The Mobile App | Android & iOS
To change your Twitch name on the mobile app, you just need to follow a few simple steps, which are explained below with proper image guidance. Keep reading to know.
Steps To Change Your Twitch Name On The Mobile App-
1. Firstly, you need to Sign up for an account on Twitch TV to change your Twitch name on the mobile app. Changing your name on this website is possible using any browser, including Chrome and Safari.
2. The top-right corner of the browser will display this three-dot menu. You’ll see the three-dot menu icon on Chrome while the AA icon is displayed on Safari. Press the three dot menu or AA.
3. Press desktop mode switcher or a desktop website request button (Safari only). The Twitch website automatically redirects you to the site when you access it from a mobile device, so you can’t use the same services. You can continue once you navigate to the desktop site.
4. The fourth step of how to change your Twitch name on the mobile app is to tap the image of your profile. This is at the top-right portion of the screen.
5. Toggle Settings. It will launch the Settings menu.
6. On the Profile tab, click. This can be found in the menu of tabs that are located beneath the Settings header.
7. Select “Username” by tapping the pencil symbol. A new page that requests your new username loads.
- A warning advising you to wait to change your username will appear if you’ve changed your name too recently (within the last 60 days).
8. Write down your new username. Your username is available if it has a green checkbox next to it. To continue, click Update.
9. This is the last step to change your Twitch name on the mobile app. Enter the password for Twitch. To proceed, press Verify.
- You’ll be informed that your previous username will reappear in the pool of usernames that are generally available in six months.
- A confirmation email stating that your username has changed and that the URL for your Twitch channel page has been modified will be sent to you once you submit a username change successfully. And that’s the final stage of how to change your Twitch name on the mobile app.
Watch How To Change Your Twitch Name On The Mobile App
Guidelines To Change Your Twitch Name On The Mobile App
Before you proceed with the above-mentioned steps, you should keep the restrictions in mind to change your Twitch name on the mobile app. There are restrictions on what you can use for your Twitch username. By doing this, the community will be made inclusive and safe for everyone. So, if you wish to change your Twitch name on the mobile app, make sure it doesn’t contain anything that would be in conflict with any of the following rules:
- Lawbreaking, including child exploitation and terrorism
- Threats and Violence are strictly prohibited.
- Sexual harassment and harassment based on hate speech
- Impersonation and Unauthorized Sharing of Private Information
- Glorification of violent or natural disasters
- A Self-Destructive Approach
- References to marijuana, cigarettes, and alcohol, but not too hard drugs, recreational drugs, or drug misuse.
- References to genitalia, sexual fluids, or sexual activity.
To get around community timeouts, changing your username is against user standards. Be careful about all these points to change your Twitch name on the mobile app.
So, that was all about how to change your Twitch name on the mobile app. Hopefully, this article was helpful for you. Do share the article with your friends, family, or whoever struggles to change the Twitch name on the mobile app. Also, stay tuned to the Path Of EX site to get more such updates on Twitch. Happy Streaming!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How Long Does It Take For The User Name To Update After Changing To Twitch?
It is a immediate process to change your Twitch name on the mobile app. Once you tap or click on the Update button in the last step of the name change process, your username will change as soon as you navigate away from the window.
2. How Often Can I Change My User Name On Twitch?
You must wait for 60 days to change your Twitch name on the mobile app. This isn’t recommended though, as the URL of your Twitch page will change automatically when you change your username. Your old URL will not redirect automatically to your new one, so you’ll have to inform old subscribers of the change or provide a redirect link.
3. Can Changing Names Shorten My Ban Time?
Nope. The Twitch ban timer is account-based and not name-based. It doesn’t matter if you change your account name, you can’t evade the ban. You’ll have to wait for your ban to run out or make a new account if you’ve been permanently banned.