TikTok is one of the best platforms today to create a personal brand for yourself. Even before viewing your content, people can be attracted to your profile if you use a captivating username. Having said this, when you created your TikTok profile, you probably did not know the importance of a username. Now that you know about it, you’re probably searching for how to change username on TikTok. Don’t Worry! Let me walk you through it.
Your username plays a vital role in generating your audience. It creates the first impression and should reflect your aesthetic. So your username should be related to your content. To change your username on TikTok is quite easy and you can do it in a few simple steps.
The process of changing a username requires only a few easy steps. However, there are certain regulations you should know before you set or change your username on TikTok.
How to Change Username on TikTok?
To change a username on TikTok, you just need to follow these steps:
- Open the TikTok app.
- Click on the Profile icon in the far right corner at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on Edit Profile.
- Select Username.
- Delete your old username and type a new one. Tap Save.
Things to Know Before You Change Username on TikTok
- You can change username on TikTok once every 30 days.
- It has to be unique (No two people have the same username)
- You can only include letters, numbers, underscores, and periods in your username.
- When you change username on TikTok, your TikTok URL also gets changed. (So, if you have posted that URL on some other site you would have to update it since the last one won’t work)
How to Change TikTok Username Font?
Now that you have learned how to change username on TikTok, let us have a look at another interesting aspect. You can also change the font of your username on TikTok. To do this you can follow these simple steps:
- Open any TikTok font generator website on your phone.
- You will see a Blank Box, type your username there.
- A list of fonts will appear below the box.
- Select the font you like and copy the username.
- Log in to TikTok on your device.
- Tap on the ‘Me’ Icon to go to your TikTok profile page.
- Click ‘Edit Profile’
- Select and Delete your current Username.
- Paste the username with the new font there.
- Tap on the ‘save’ option.
You can watch this video to know how to change username font on TikTok
Creating a following for yourself becomes easy if you have a catchy username. Now that you know the steps to change username on TikTok, you can change it whenever you get bored of the old one. Remember to follow all the guidelines before changing your username and have fun getting creative!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get a TikTok Username That is Already Taken?
TikTok cannot reassign a Username. You can however try to use a different variation of that Username by adding numbers or other characters.
How to Change Username on TikTok Before 30 Days?
You Cannot Change your Username on TikTok before 30 Days of changing it. Although there was a hack to do it by setting the date and time 30 days ahead, TikTok has identified the bug and fixed it.
What are the New TikTok Username Requirements?
Following are the Requirements for a TikTok username 1. Your username can only contain letters, underscores, numbers, and periods.
2. There is a 24 character limit.
3. The username cannot end with a period.