You can cancel your Spotify subscription on your android device, iPhone, or any other device when you no longer want it. You can also delete your account through various modes. You can’t cancel the Spotify Premium in the Spotify app but you can surely do it using your Preferred browser app on any device. If you’re facing any problem or find it difficult to cancel it, we can tell you conveniently and step by step how to cancel your Spotify subscription. it’s easy to cancel just like Netflix, Amazon, etc.
Spotify is one of the leading and most popular paid music streaming services available. It offers all the premium users to listen to their favorite music without any ads on their mobile or their computer. But what if you spend your money and buy a Spotify subscription but later on you don’t like it and consider it’s not right for you. You have the option to cancel it anytime.
You can cancel your Spotify premium subscription using the Spotify app. You can do it using a web browser.
How to cancel your Spotify subscription on your android device
Follow these simple and easy steps to cancel your Spotify subscription on your android
- Open your web browser app on your android device and open Spotify’s website on your browser.
- Then log into your account from there and tap on my account button that resembles the profile of a person within a circle. It is located in the upper right portion of your screen.
- In the next step, you have to scroll down to your plan option and choose the change plan option there.
- In the next step scroll down to Spotify free and on that click Cancel premium
- Tap on yes, cancel to continue to cancel your Spotify subscription.
- And yes it’s done. You will no longer have your Spotify premium subscription.
As you were a Spotify member so chances are there that you might have connected your account to various devices. You might have connected to a speaker at your house party, or used your login info at your friend’s place and forget to unlink it later. There are many easy steps to cancel your Spotify account through the desktop program for mac and pc.
How to remove all devices from your Spotify account using a desktop/computer
Here is how to remove all devices from your Spotify account using a desktop computer. Follow these simple steps to remove your account using a desktop or computer.
- Open the Spotify application on your Mac or your PC.
- At the right side of your Spotify account, click on the icon downside next to your username.
- From there select Account from the list in the drop-down menu.
- Your browser will open your Account Overview page.
- Scroll down to the bottom and then select Sign out Everywhere. It will remove your account and sign out your account from all the devices.
How to remove your account using Spotify mobile app
If you want to remove your Spotify Subscription using your iPhone or android you can do it easily. Follow these simple steps to remove your account using the Spotify mobile app
- Open the Spotify app on your iPhone or Android device.
- On the home screen page, there is a gear icon in the right-hand corner that will open up your Spotify settings.
- Select devices from the menu list.
- Then select the Devices menu at the top of your list to edit the devices that are connected to your Spotify account.
- Then there select the name of the devices that you want to remove. At the right of the devices’ name select the three-dot horizontal icon.
- After this, a menu will come up on the screen.
- Select forget device to remove the device from the Spotify account.
How to disconnect your Spotify account from your Facebook account
If you want to disconnect your Spotify account from your Facebook then you can do it easily by using your Facebook. It’s a very simple process via Facebook rather than using Spotify. It’s easy to log into a Spotify account if you are already logged into a Facebook account on your device. It’s easy to link your Spotify and Facebook accounts and just like that you can unlink them whenever you no longer want them
These are the easiest steps to disconnect your Spotify account from your Facebook account.
- Open your Mac computer or PC and log into your Facebook account using the browser.
- On the right side of your screen, click the small arrow and there a menu will appear and then click on settings.
- In settings click apps and websites appearing on the left side of the menu bar.
- Click on the checkbox next to your Spotify app on the page.
- Click the blue-colored remove button
- After you click to remove a warning will appear on the screen mentioning that it will delete all your account and activity.
- Click the next button to delete posts, videos, or any Spotify posts on your timeline. It will also ask whether you want to remove any posts on your Facebook related to your Spotify account.
- Click the remove button
- A pop will appear mentioning that your Spotify account has been successfully removed.
How to delete your Spotify account, erase your personal data and playlists
If you’re canceling your account from Spotify premium membership you should first go for erasing your data and playlist so that whenever you want to take it again you can create your new account using the same email. You should do it using your browser, not through your app.
Follow these simple steps to delete your Spotify account, erase your data and personal data and playlists.
- To begin with, you have to start with contact customer support
- You must be logged into the account that you want to delete
- Then click account
- Click I want to close my account
- You have to verify that you actually want permanently close your account
- Click the close account option on the left side to verify the deletion.
- A page will come up saying that we’re sad you want to leave us and will begin with the five-step process to close your account
- Click the blue continue button to go ahead with the deletion
- Verify you’re logged in from your right account and click the blue button
- It will mention that you’ll lose all your followers and playlists. Click the box continue button.
- Again a new page will come and click continue on it. You’ll receive an email to confirm you still want to close your account
- Open that link from your email and click the final close my account option. It must be clicked within 24 hours and appears as a green button.
Featured Image Credits- Medium