In the ocean and deep ocean biomes, Dolphins lay their eggs in the water between layer 46 and sea level in Minecraft. All biomes have Dolphins except for the frozen ocean biome, often known as the cold ocean biome. As a matter of fact, you can easily breed Dolphins in Minecraft. Today we will discuss how to breed Dolphins in Minecraft.
Six different hues are available for dolphins: blue (common), green (uncommon), purple (uncommon), dark (rare), pink (very unusual), and albino (ultra rare). Blue and purple dolphins might be confused with one another. Blue dolphins have more of a blue tint, while purple dolphins have a pink tinge on their dorsal fin, flippers, and tail. While blue dolphins have a brighter shade of blue, the main body of a purple dolphin has a little darker blue, almost indigo.
Once you know how to deal with Minecraft Dolphins, the game is gonna be much more interesting for you. In this article, you will get everything you need to know about Dolphins in Minecraft, along with how to breed Dolphins in Minecraft.
In This Article
How To Breed Dolphins In Minecraft?
Dolphin breeding is not the same as Horse breeding in Minecraft. Dolphins can breed endlessly and cannot become sterile as horses may. Below given is how to breed Dolphins in Minecraft.
Items Needed To Breed Dolphins In Minecraft –
To breed dolphins, you will require:
- Two cooked fish/salmon.
- Two dolphins.
- A place where they are within 4 squares of each other and 8 squares minimum away from you and other dolphins.
- 5 minutes or half a Minecraft day.
Steps To Breed Dolphins In Minecraft –
- To breed dolphins, you must give each a cooked fish or Salmon.
- After 5 minutes, there will be a baby dolphin.
Points To Remember To Breed Dolphins In Minecraft –
Here is some important information to remember to breed Dolphins in Minecraft –
- The breed that will be produced depends on the two dolphins’ “total genetic value” (TGV), which is the sum of their individual genetic values as bred dolphins.
- If the two dolphins are of the same breed, they will always produce a baby of that breed.
- There is a 1/3 possibility of producing a dolphin whose genetic worth is comparable to the TGV if their TGV is less than 5 and they are distinct breeds.
- There is a 1/10 probability of mating a dolphin whose genetic worth is comparable to the TGV if the TGV is 5 or 6 and they are of different breeds.
- If the breed isn’t established in this way, it will be established based on the possibility of spawning a wild dolphin.
How To Tame Dolphins In Minecraft?
You can breed Dolphins in Minecraft, but they cannot be tamed, despite the fact that the idea of taming them is so fascinating. They are also not rideable by players. Although they can be fed raw cod, players cannot tame them. It’s challenging to do so because a dolphin will eventually return to the ocean and may leap over various obstacles to emerge in the water.
Players can feed it, and in return, they will get something beneficial. It would direct the gamers to some undiscovered treasures in nearby ruins or underwater shipwrecks. Because of this, dolphins continue to rank among the best aquatic enemies in the game, even with the 1.17 update.
So, that was all about how to breed Dolphins in Minecraft. After following these instructions, I guess you will be able to breed Dolphins in Minecraft very easily. Also, there are many articles available on Path of EX about Minecraft gaming. You can check them out one by one. And, stay tuned to Path of EX for more such updates! Happy Gaming!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can You Tame And Ride A Dolphin In Minecraft?
The answer is, unfortunately, no. It is not possible (as of right now) to tame and ride the dolphins, which is unfortunate as it should definitely be an option. However, that isn’t the end of the story, thankfully.
While you can’t tame a dolphin in Minecraft, you can feed it some food, and it will indeed do something great for you. Unfortunately, it won’t let you ride it right now. It will lead you to buried treasure in a nearby shipwreck or underwater ruins. This is a great new feature.
2. How To Breed Dolphins In Minecraft?
Steps To Breed Dolphins In Minecraft –
1. Give each a cooked fish or Salmon.
2. After 5 minutes, there will be a baby dolphin.