Instagram is known for its unique features, and the platform updates these features to keep up with its audience. Much to the delight of users, Instagram will now stop tracking your web activity with a new feature called Activity Off-Meta Technologies. To know how to block Instagram from tracking your web activity, go through this blog thoroughly.
With the new Activity Off-Meta Technologies feature, users have a bit more control over how Instagram tracks their web activity. Thus making things a bit transparent between consumers and the big tech. Additionally, a user can also download data from their Facebook and Instagram accounts simultaneously.
So, without further ado, let’s dig in to learn about how to block Instagram from tracking your web activity.
In This Article
What is the Activity Off-Meta Technologies Feature?
In the new wake of things, Meta has launched the Activity Off-Meta Technologies Feature, and the feature will let a user block Instagram from collecting information about the websites and apps you visit. Earlier, the option was available for Facebook, but now Meta is expanding the feature to Instagram as well.
The feature is quite handy as it allows a user to manage how information other businesses send to Meta is connected to your Facebook and Instagram accounts. With this tool, a user can review these businesses, disconnect specific ones, or clear the data entirely.
Apart from this, Meta is all set to launch two privacy controls on Instagram. These privacy controls include:
- You can now manage “how information other businesses send to us is connected to your Facebook and Instagram accounts”
- You can now “review the businesses that are sharing data with Meta, disconnect specific ones further to personalize your experience, or clear this data entirely.”
A press statement from Meta reads, “We’ve heard that people want to be able to easily make decisions for multiple apps at once, so moving these settings into Accounts Center aims to address that by letting people choose their settings for all of our apps simultaneously. And for people who prefer to have different settings for each app, that’s still an option, too.”
How to Block Instagram from Tracking Your Web Activity?
Now that we have understood the new policies that are being launched by Meta on Instagram, it is time to dig a little deeper and learn about the ways to block Instagram from tracking your web activity. In the below-mentioned guide, I have explained the steps to do so.
- Launch the Instagram app on your device.
- Tap on the icon at the bottom right corner of the screen and head to your profile page.
- Tap on three lines located at the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on the Settings & Privacy option.
- At the top of the screen, you will see Accounts Center; click on it.
- Scroll down the page and tap on Your Accounts & permissions section.
- Now click on Your activity off Meta Technologies on the page.
- On the page, you can check your Recent activity, Disconnect specific activity, Clear previous activity, and manage future activity.
By following the steps mentioned above, you can take charge of your privacy. With tons of legislation working across the nations for the safety and security of users, social media giants are complying to address the issue of privacy of their users and make changes before the government steps in.
Instagram is known for its ever-changing trends and updates. Instagram will now stop tracking your web activity with a new feature called Activity Off-Meta Technologies. To know how to block Instagram from tracking your web activity, read the entire article and share it with your friends.
For more trending stuff on Technology, Gaming, and Social Media, keep visiting Path of EX. If you have any questions or queries, comment below, and we will get back to you ASAP!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does Instagram track web browsing?
Yes, Instagram uses tracking technologies such as cookies and pixels to collect data about your web browsing behavior.
2. Does Instagram record your history?
Yes, Instagram records your history in Search & Explore to make it easier for you to find your favorite accounts and hashtags quickly.
3. Can Instagram track keystrokes?
Yes, Instagram uses its tracking code for every website shown, including when clicking on ads.