Streaks! Filters! And Fun! Snapchat has evolved more than any other social media app in the past years. Its story feature has practically been stolen by Instagram. But there is something in the app that can never be replaced and that is its filters. The whole lot of people who use Snapchat is because of this single feature, its Filters! Learn how to add filters on Snapchat and create your ones from this article.
Many people face the issue of finding filters. Snapchat can be a little confusing if you are a new user on the platform. I was unable to add Snapchat filters when I first used the app. But once I learned, not a day goes by when I haven’t clicked a picture on Snapchat and sent a streak to my friends.
To Add Filters on Snapchat, you can click a picture and swipe left multiple times for different filters. Once you find the perfect filter, Click on the Save button. But you know what, you can also create your own filters on Snapchat. We have given all the instructions below in the easiest way possible to create your own filters on Snapchat.
Let’s jump to the main article and learn different ways to add filters on Snapchat.
How to Add Filters on Snapchat?
The query ‘How to add filters on Snapchat?’ can be answered in multiple ways. You might ask how can you add your own filters or how to add these filters to your photos or videos? Don’t worry, all have been answered here.
How to Create Your Own Snapchat Filter?
Snapchat lets you create filters. There are two types of Filters on Snapchat. Normal or Regular filters and Geofilters. Normal filters are the ones that Snapchat changes regularly and those that have a little ‘reality augmenting’ like face shape-changing effects (Lenses). Geofilters are related to specific locations and can be used in business and events.
Don’t miss out on the Easiest Ways to Recover Deleted Snapchat Account in 2021: A Proper Guide
How to Add Filters on Snapchat? (Normal Filters)
- Open Snapchat and select the filter icon.
- At the bottom of the camera screen, click on the “Create” option.
- Scroll all the options from left to right.
Some options let you customize more than others.
- Take a picture or record a video and enjoy your filter.
How to Add Filters on Snapchat? (Geofilters)
- Open Snapchat on any browser.
- Select “Filters and Lenses”.
- Scroll down and select “Filters”.
- To save your work for future references, ‘Log In’ to your account.
- Select a category for the filter you are making from the drop-down list.
- Edit the filter by using various tools like Text, Color, Elements.
- Click on “Next”.
- Choose a date and time for your filter to go live.
- Select the timescale for the filter.
- Click on “Next” when you are done.
- On the map, create a geographical location/area, in which you want your filter to appear.
- Select “Checkout”.
- Fill in the Submission Form with all the details including your contact number and a payment agreement.
- “Submit” your filter and wait for approval by Snapchat.
This will surely answer your question ‘How to add filters on Snapchat?’
How to Add Filters on Snapchat on iPhone & Android?
- Open the Snapchat app from your iPhone or Android.
- Click a picture by pressing the icon appearing on the middle bottom of the screen.
- Swipe left or right, to choose a filter you like.
- Save your snap in the “Memories” by clicking on the “Save” button.
- Send your snap to your friends by clicking on “Send To”.
Do want to know How to Earn $1 Million with Snapchat Spotlight Feature
How to Add Snapchat Filters on Camera Roll Photos and Videos?
- Open the Snapchat app.
- Swipe up to open your gallery of pictures and videos.
- Click on “Camera Roll”.
- Choose a picture/video and click on it.
- Press the “Edit” icon on the bottom of the screen.
- Swipe left multiple times. You can “Enable Location Filters”.
- Explore the various options like Text, Draw, Stickers, Music, Crop, and more.
- Click on “Done” once you are satisfied with the filter.
- Click on “Save as Copy”.
You have saved the picture/video from Camera Roll with a Snapchat Filter.
How to Add Snapchat Filters from Lens Explorer?
- Open your Snapchat app.
- Click on the “Camera” icon.
- Tap anywhere in the middle of the screen to open the ‘Lens’ menu.
- Click on the “Explore” icon with the magnifying lens.
- Scroll and check out various lenses.
- If you want to save any particular lens, then click on it and tap on the ‘heart’ icon.
- If you don’t see a heart icon then on the top of the filter screen, click on the “i” icon.
- Tap on the heart on the next of the Lens Name.
- Click “Done”.
You can now use this filter on daily basis.
How to Add Snapchat Filters on Bitmoji?
Before you begin with the steps, make sure you have installed and logged in to both Snapchat and Bitmoji apps on your iPhone or Android.
- Launch the Bitmoji app.
- Create your Bitmoji.
- Open Snapchat and click on your profile.
- Tap on ‘Add Bitmoji‘ & follow all the instructed steps.
There are 3D Bitmoji Lenses, available in the World section in the Lens Explorer. You can use these filters to add Snapchat filter on Bitmoji.
1. Open Snapchat.
2. Click on “Lens Carousel“.
3. Click on “World” section.
4. Choose “3D Bitmojis” option.
You can now start adding filters on Bitmojis.
How to Add Snapchat Filters to Zoom Meetings?
If you are also tired of looking like a doofus on Zoom video calls then this part might just save you. Follow these simple instructions and see the magic itself.
- Download the Snap Camera App on your PC or Mac.
- Enable the app to use the computer’s camera and microphone.
- Open the Zoom app on your computer.
- Click on “Settings” and then on “Video”.
- Change the Camera source to “Snap Camera”.
This setting will remain in all your future meetings. Whenever you are in the meeting you can click on the small arrow with the “Video Camera” icon. Select “Snap Camera”.
Hold on, things are about to get interesting-
- Open a meeting on Zoom.
- Click on the “Video Camera” icon and choose the “Snap Camera”.
- Once done this, you are now able to add filters and lenses and change background during your Zoom meeting.
Snapchat Filters are a lot more fun when it is you who has created them. You can even share your lenses on Snapchat. Hope this article answered your query ‘How to add filters on Snapchat’. Comment below any questions you have in mind and share this article with your friends. Have a nice day!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you add more filters on Snapchat?
Give location access to your Snapchat app, for getting GeoFilters. Geofilters are different from the normal filters on Snapchat.
How do you search filters on Snapchat?
From the Snapchat app, go to the Lens Explore section. Type the name of the filter you want in the search bar. A number of options will appear on the screen.
What is the most popular filter on Snapchat?
Hearts around the head
Featured Image Credits: The Indian Express