With the release of the iOS 17 version, Apple has introduced many new and innovative features. Among these hidden features, iOS 17 has also introduced a feature called Contact Posters. This feature allows users to create custom contact cards with various fonts, backgrounds, and colors. Scroll down to learn the steps on how to add depth effect to Contact Posters in iOS 17 so that your contact photo can stand out from the background.
With the iOS 17 new update, you can mute AirPods on call, swipe to reply in iMessage, Enable Crossfade in Apple Music, and do many other things. Like that, you can also add depth effects to contact posters with iOS 17. The depth effect is a great way to add a touch of personality to your contact posters. It can also help to make your contacts easier to identify when you’re looking through your list of contacts.
In the below post, I will help you understand the steps on how to add depth effect to Contact Posters in iOS 17. Also, I will help you know the steps to enable it.
In This Article
How to Add Depth Effect to Contact Posters in iOS 17?
If you update your iPhone to iOS 17, you must be impressed by the Contact Poster feature. But you will be happier to know that now you can also add a depth effect to your Contact Posters in iOS 17. If you are unaware of the depth effect, let me tell you that the portrait mode enables your iPhone’s camera to make a stunning depth-of-field effect.
But do you know how to create or add depth effects to Contact Poster in iOS 17 on iPhone? If you do not know, then I am here to tell you the process of creating or adding a depth effect to your Contact Poster in iOS 17. There are a few easy steps that you need to follow properly. So, let’s see How to Add Depth Effect to Contact Posters in iOS 17.
- First, launch the Contacts application on your iPhone.
- Now, click on the contact card at the top.
- Next, choose the Contact Photo & Poster option.
- Then, click on the Edit button.
- After that, from the bottom right corner of the display, hit the ➕ icon.
- Now, click on the Photo option and select a portrait photo from the photo library.
- Then, choose your desired background and use the handy slider to adjust the color.
- You can also swipe left or right to cycle through various photo filters if you want to enhance the appearance of your photo further.
- Next, from the bottom right corner of the display, click on the three dots symbol.
- Now, you can select or deselect the Depth Effect.
- When you select the Depth Effect, the subject will show above the time reading for a dramatic effect. But when you deselect the Depth Effect, time takes center stage.
- After customizing your Contact Poster, click on the Done button from the top right corner of the display.
- Now, click on the Continue tab and tap on the Update button to start sharing your customized Contact Poster with your friends and family members.
How do you Enable the Depth Effect on the Lock Screen?
Not only is Contact Poster, but you can also enable the Depth Effect feature on the lock screen of your iPhone. While setting your favorite wallpaper on your lock screen, if you mistakenly disable the Depth Effect, the feature will not work. You need to enable the Depth Effect feature all the time. There are some easy steps available that will help you to enable the Depth Effect on your iPhone’s lock screen. So, now, let’s see how you can enable Depth Effect on the lock screen in iOS 17 on iPhone.
- Go to the Settings application of your iPhone.
- Select your preferred Wallpaper.
- Now, click on the Customize button under your Lock Screen wallpaper.
- From the bottom right corner, click on the three-dot icon.
- Next, from the drop-down menu, choose the Depth Effect option.
- Finally, click on Done after enabling the feature.
How Do You Make A Contact Poster on Your iPhone Using Your Contact Card?
Using the Contacts application or Phone, you can now create a Contact Poster with the new iOS 17 update. Now, scroll down to get the steps to make a Contact Poster using your Contact Card on your iPhone.
- On your iPhone, head to the Phone app.
- Tap on Recents.
- From the top left corner of the screen, tap on the Edit button.
- Choose your current Contact Card.
- Select the Edit option; you will find it in the Watch Live card preview at the top.
- To check several ready-to-use contact posters, swipe left or right.
- Next, tap on the Customize button option if you want to start changing your contact photo and poster.
- You can also tap on the ➕ icon to create a new Contact Poster from scratch.
How to Add Depth Effect to Contact Posters in iOS 17? Additional Tips
I am sharing a few additional tips that you must consider when you head to add depth effect to contact posters in iOS 17.
- Always use a high-quality portrait photo. The better the quality of your photo, the better the depth effect will look.
- Ensure that your photo’s subject must be in the focus. The subject of the photo is the key thing that should be in focus.
- Avoid using photos with more background clutter. The background must be simple and uncluttered.
Adding depth effect to contact posters is a great way to personalize your contacts and make them stand out. It’s also a quick and easy way to add a touch of style to your iPhone. So, scroll up and get the steps on how to add depth effect to Contact Posters in iOS 17. Also, learn the steps to enable it and make a contact poster using a contact card.
Also, you can share your views and opinions for the post on how to add depth effect to Contact Posters in iOS 17.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to Add Depth Effect to Contact Posters in iOS 17?
Open the Contacts app > Tap on contact card > Select the Contact Photo & Poster option > Tap on Edit button > Hit the ➕ icon > Tap on the Photo option and select a portrait photo > Choose background and adjust colors > Tap on the three dots icon > Select the Depth Effect option > Tap on the Done button > Hit the Continue tab > Click on the Update button.
2. How do you Enable Depth Effect on the Lock Screen?
Head to the Settings application > Select wallpaper > Tap on the Customize button > Click on the three dots symbol > Choose the Depth Effect option > Click on the Done button.
3. How do you change your contact poster on iOS 17?
Open the Phone app > Find the contact you want to edit > Tap on Contact Poster & Photo > Make the updates you want.
4. Is the depth effect available on every iPhone?
The Depth Effect feature is only available on iPhones with an A12 Bionic chip or later.
5. Why can I not add depth effect?
You need to check if your iPhone supports the Depth Effect feature.