The session is the most stressful time of the academic year when many students forget about what normal sleep and rest mean. If you have not worked on something before or put it off “for later”, forgot to write or pass it, then at this time everything is sure to come out.
In addition to preparing for tests and exams during the session, the student is immersed in an atmosphere of general haste. Students run to retake exams, and teachers after or before holidays are not able to finish hours of courses in the normal mode. As a result, there is little time and many tasks. How to focus your energies on this turmoil and pass all exams well? There is a way out, and we’ll show it. You just need to use it!
LITTLE TIPS BEFORE BIG EXAMS
- When attending your last class of a course, always have your grade book with you. The teacher may give you an “automatic” grade on the last tape or arrange for you to take credit during it. If you do not have the test book in hand, you will have to find the teacher another day (hoping that he is in a good mood), and this can cause a lot of inconvenience and unforeseen situations.
- Do not forget about cheat sheets, which help you to systematize learning material (if, of course, you prepare them yourself). So do not underestimate them. But be prepared for the fact that you will be exposed while using them (it is best to prepare to cheat sheets, and keep them “behind the groove” for psychological comfort).
- Realistically assess the level of your preparation. If it is high – then go among the first. This way you show the teacher that you do not need a lot of time to prepare. In addition, before you, no one will have time to spoil the mood of the teacher with bad answers (which often happens). If you are not confident in your knowledge, it is better to wait and go “to the execution” in the company of the last students. As a rule, the last students are students with a low level of training and compared to them, even an average answer will not look so bad.
- Do not argue with the teacher and do not set your conditions (even if you are right about something). As long as you do not have a good grade on your report card – everything is up to the teacher, not you. All disputed points you can clarify after the exam.
- If you got a “C” or “D”, but strongly disagree with the mark or feel the strength to get a higher mark, ask the examiner to allow you to retake the exam.
- Keep all of your notes from the very first class to the end of your studies, because you will often come across questions you studied during homework or in state exams from your first year of college. And if you don’t use essay writing service, it will be extremely difficult for you to get a good grade without an outline both in a regular class and in an exam.
- Always praise yourself and do not talk about yourself badly (subconscious self-imposition will allow you to learn the material well and not be confused at the exam).
- Remember, grades are not the most important thing in life! And because of one or two “C’s” do not “make a tragedy” and blame yourself all next year.
SELF-MOTIVATION IS THE KEY TO SUCCESS
No matter how boring the subject and no matter how much information you have to learn, keep telling yourself that you can do it all, and it will help you not only to pass the sessions but also in the future, for professional growth and independence.
LEARN IT RIGHT!
Never try to read and learn everything at once. Create a system from the general mass of information, which is built only from the most important bricks. Learn the terms, specific phrases, understand the essence of the process, and then you will succeed. It’s better to know the minimum well and clearly, rather than rushing through empty words without being able to give a definition.
Under no circumstances is it necessary to cram notes. It is not only inefficient but also takes a lot of time. Analyze the information yourself, ask a friend or teacher to explain the process, and memorize the scheme and the basic description without unnecessary words.
LEARN THE DEFINITIONS OF THE DISCIPLINE’S CONCEPTS
First, they are almost always asked, and the instructor’s impression of your presentation depends on the level of your answer.
Second, definitions often contain a lot of useful information (features, functions, scope of something), and this will greatly help in preparing for other questions.
It is not necessary to cram definitions by heart. You have to highlight the logical sense and figure out what’s important on your own.
ALTERNATE REST AND STUDY
Understandably, students are always in a hurry and never have time for anything (especially on the last night before an exam). But believe us, it’s better to sleep for an hour, have a rest, take a walk in the fresh air and with new strength to start studying than to sit in your room for hours and suffer from headaches and tension.