The pandemic has made us all a little health conscious but that doesn’t mean you have to do it without the buttery flavors. Ahh! The spice, and the sweet, I can’t live without yummy food. If you want to try a healthier way of eating then check out all the “High Protein Low Fat Recipes For Vegans & Non-Vegans.”
There are two kinds of people in this world. One, who follows keto-friendly diets, and two, who try to follow a keto-friendly diet and fail miserably. I’m the second one. I don’t even like dieting. But the pandemic has made all of us realize how important it is to take our health seriously. So, just for the sake of being a little healthier while not compromising our taste, let’s unravel our secret recipes.
From breakfast to brunch to evening snacks, these high protein low fat recipes will make sure you are healthy every day. I know you don’t want to let go of that yummy taste. So, these recipes will be your guardian angel if you want to follow a healthy yet yummy diet. Go through each one of the recipes and I am sure you’ll make your mouth water.
High Protein Low Fat Recipes
You don’t want a fried snack? Done! You don’t like boring meals? Done! Trust me when I say this list is the answer to all your cravings. Take a look at the ingredient list before going through the step-by-step instructions.
Also, you can always choose even healthier alternatives to these ingredients if you want. If you are getting too hungry, then let’s start the recipes with Chicken Breasts.
1. Lemon Pepper Chicken Breasts
What’s better than a Chicken Dinner? Let me tell you. Nothing. There’s nothing better than the crispy fried chicken with savoring flavors. This recipe of Lemon Pepper Chicken Breasts is super easy to make and is filled with colors. The recipe serves 4 people. Have a look at the ingredients and then we will cover the first one of the high protein low fat recipes.
- 4 Boneless chicken breasts (around 2 pounds)
- Unsalted Butter
- Salt-free lemon pepper seasoning
- Kosher salt
- Roughly chopped parsley leaves
- Preheat the oven to 425°F with a baking dish that is big enough to hold the chicken in a straight line. There should also be some space for the butter to be kept in the corners.
- Melt three TBSP of unsalted butter in either a saucepan or in a bowl. With one teaspoon of kosher salt add one TBSP of salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning and stir.
- Dry the skinless and boneless chicken breasts with paper towels. Put the chicken in the baking dish nicely. Brush with the butter mixture.
- Cut thin lemon slices and scatter them on the chicken. Now, bake the chicken at 165°F for 25 to 35 minutes until it gets golden brown.
- Check if the chicken is nicely cooked or not. If it is not then again bake it for 3-5 minutes.
- When chicken is ready, garnish it with freshly cut parsley leaves.
Notes: The leftover chicken breast can be stored for upto 4 days in the refrigerator. Make sure to put it in an airtight container.
2. Pesto Spaghetti Squash
Pesto Spaghetti Squash is a high protein low fat recipe that can be prepared within minutes. You can use it in multiple ways. You can use this spaghetti squash with steamed broccoli and peppers. Dice some onions on it and you’ll have your perfect dish. Mix it up with rice or dip it in raw veggies. You can also try spreading it in your sandwiches and enjoy your instant snack.
- Spaghetti Squash (medium baked)
- 4 cups of the crown of chopped broccoli (to be steamed)
- 550 g of fresh spinach
- 150g of Sofu Tofu
- Freshly cut basil
- Nutritional Yeast
- Sea Salt
- 2 TBSP of Lemon Juice
- For making the Spaghetti Squash, preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Chop spaghetti squash, take out the seeds, clean the inside, and put it on a baking tray.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper and roast it by keeping it in the oven for 30-50 minutes. (Depending upon the size of your squash)
- Using a fork create the noodles by squishing the squash into strands. Cool it down.
- Take the cooked noodles and put them with steamed broccoli in a large bowl.
- To make a high protein low fat pesto spaghetti squash, add all the ingredients to a blender and mix it smooth. Let it be a little chunky.
Your Pesto Spaghetti Squash is ready to serve. You can also store it in the refrigerator.
3. Healthy Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Spinach stuffed chicken breasts are the next one on our list of high protein low fat recipes. This recipe is a perfect choice for your family dinner. After eating this, you’ll never want to eat plain roasted chicken again, I promise. Dip with artichoke and have the delicious taste of chicken breasts.
- 1 kg of Chicken Breasts
- Italian seasoning
- Mild Paprika
- Salt and pepper.
- 120 g of Frozen Spinach
- 170 g of artichoke hearts (finely chopped)
- ½ cup of Mozzarella Cheese
- ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese
- On a flat surface put the chicken breast and use Italian seasoning and paprika to season it on both sides. Take the pieces in your hand and slit a cut about ¾ quarter in the middle of the chicken.
You have to be careful here to not cut the chicken completely, you only have to make a pocket in it.
- Now, to make the dip filling, take the spinach and squeeze out the excess liquid in it.
- Take a bowl and put spinach, mozzarella, cream cheese, artichokes, and garlic in it. Mix well.
- Stuff the chicken with 1-2 TBSP of spinach sip you just created. Make sure to reserve some dip for later.
- After filling the chicken pockets, seal them by putting toothpicks across the mouth of the pockets. This step is done so that the filling doesn’t come out.
- Take a non-stick pan and preheat with a TBSP of oil. Cook chicken on it until it turns golden brown. Flip sides and cover them with a lid.
It will take around 7-8 mins to cook.
Tadaa! Serve the spinach stuffed chicken breasts hot with a spicy dipping and your guests will love it for sure.
4. Cinnamon Chickpeas
Cinnamon Chickpeas are a very healthy source of high proteins. They make the perfect evening snacks. If you haven’t tried them up until now, this is your cue to try your hands on high protein low fat recipes. They are gluten-free and totally vegan. If you are having a hard time finding a dish that’s not non-veg, here’s the perfect recipe for you.
- 400 grams of Chickpeas or Garbanzo Beans
- 2 TBSP Olive oil
- 2 TBSP cinnamon
- 4 TBSP brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and place regular parchment paper in it.
- Rinse the chickpeas and drain them nicely. Take off their skins.
- Dry the chickpeas with paper towels. Remove all the moisture, as much as you can.
- Place the chickpeas on the baking sheet and bake it for 15 min at 400°F.
Meanwhile, make a mixture of sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- After 15 minutes, shake the pan so that the oil on the chickpeas spreads evenly.
- Now, sprinkle the cinnamon mixture on the chickpeas, stir the pan again so spread it evenly and keep it in the oven for another 15 minutes.
If you like the crunchiest snacks then after the second round of baking, turn off the oven and keep the chickpeas in the oven for a while. After some time, cool down the chickpeas at room temperature and eat whenever you are hungry. A perfect high protein low fat snack for a healthy you.
5. Pumpkin Pancakes
A pumpkin pancake is a perfect Sunday morning breakfast. It’s super healthy and you will be addicted to eating it. It is one of the vegan high protein low fat recipes. If you have kids then they will love to eat this every day without any rant on getting the “same breakfast all week”.
- Brown Sugar
- Baking Powder
- Pumpkin Spice
- Oil or melted butter
- Milk or buttermilk
- Canned pumpkin
- Take all the ingredients in a small bowl. You know the measurements.
- 1 cup of Pumpkin, a TBSP of cinnamon, a teaspoon of baking powder, and milk according to your requirement.
- Mix all the ingredients until everything is combined.
- On a griddle scoop the mixture and pour it on a pan and cook until both sides are fluffy.
Tips for Preparing Pumpkin Pancakes
- Don’t overmix the batter.
- If the batter becomes too thin, add a little flour to it. If it’s thick, add milk.
- Wait for five minutes before serving them.
6. Mustard Baked Chicken Tenders
If you love some sweet and salty flavors then this one’s for you. You’ll have your taste and health, both together with the sixth one of our high protein low fat recipes. This homemade chicken tender will make you want to cook them every day. Hot chicken tenders in a chilly dip, Ahh! Heaven! You can serve them with salad and fries. It only takes 20 mins to cook the Mustard baked chicken tenders.
- Kosher Salt
- Garlic Powder
- Onion powder
- Low-fat buttermilk or simple cow milk
- 1 pound of chicken tenderloins
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Smoked Paprika (2 TBSP)
- One egg white ( lightly beaten)
- Dijon mustard
- Panko Breadcrumbs
- Take a large bowl. Put half a teaspoon of garlic powder, one TBSP salt, and ½ teaspoon onion powder in it.
- Add the required amounts of honey and buttermilk to the bowl and whisk everything nicely. Dip the chicken tenders in the bowl and let them sit for 30 mins. (Not more than that)
- In a shallow dish, take breadcrumbs and add small amounts of (not more than half a tablespoon of) salt, smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder. Put some oil and toss the dish to mix up the contents.
- In another shallow dish, take the egg white and mustard and whisk them together.
- Now, preheat the oven to 350°F. Place a baking sheet then place the ovenproof wire rack on it.
- Place all the bowls in the following manner-
Egg white bowl–Panko breadcrumbs–baking sheet.
- Now, do all the wet work with a hand and keep another one dry for the last step.
- Take a chicken piece from the marinade, drop off the excess, dip the chicken in the egg bowl, and coat all its sides. Now place the chicken piece in the breadcrumbs.
- At this point, with your dry hand, pat the chicken nicely and place it on the baking tray.
- Repeat the process with all the chicken tenders.
- Bake for 15-20 mins until the chicken turns golden brown.
Your Mustard Baked Chicken Tenders are ready. Serve them with any dipping of your preference and enjoy your snack.
7. Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
You know how peanuts are popular for being rich in proteins and chocolate. Let’s not crave it too much, shall we? The chocolate peanut butter balls do not need to be baked, are low carb, and you know what’s the best part? They are keto-friendly? A perfect snack for health lovers. These high protein low fat recipes will make you fall in love with food all over again. Also, it only takes 20 mins to cook these delicious choco balls, so are you ready to eat them?
- A cup of peanut butter
- Half a cup of protein powder or almond flour or coconut flour
- A spoon of honey
- 5 TBSP of Vanilla Extract
- Half a cup of peanuts (optional)
- 85 grams of Baking Chocolate
- One TBSP of Olive oil
- Combine peanut butter, honey, vanilla essence, and protein powder and mix them together in a blender. It will look like soft dough.
- Make little balls with the dough and arrange them on the baking plate.
- Freeze the balls for 20-30 mins to make until they are firm and less sticky.
- Now, for the chocolate coating, combine sweetener/ honey with chocolate and coconut oil.
- Put the ingredients in a microwave for 30 seconds until they form a smooth consistency.
- Take the peanut butter balls and dip them into the chocolate mix. Place them on the baking paper and freeze for over an hour.
Serve your yummy Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls cold and delicious.
8. Super Healthy Chana Masala
Chana Masala is God’s gift to us humans. Truly! If you follow the western culture, then you most probably haven’t tasted the word most yummy food. You’ll taste everything, from spicy to sour to salty flavors melting in your mouth and you’ll feel like you are in heaven already. Plus, it takes only 30 mins to prepare Chana Masala. So, what are you waiting for? Quickly, go through this high protein low fat recipe.
- 250 grams of Chickpea (Chana or Kabuli Channa)
- 2 medium-sized potatoes
- 2 large onions
- 2 Tomatoes
- One TBSP of Ginger-garlic paste
- Green Chillies
- A TBSN of Kashmiri Chilli Powder
- A TBSP of Coriander
- A TBSP of Turmeric Powder
- A TBSP of Red Chilli powder
- 4 TBSP of oil
- Kasoori Methi (½ TBSN)
- Fresh Coriander leaves
- Cut the tomatoes and blend them. Place the blended tomatoes in a bowl.
- Take chopped onions, ginger, garlic and also keep them in another bowl.
- Keep the chickpeas dipped in water for 3-4 hours.
- After that, take the chickpeas and put them in a pressure cooker. Boil them for 3 minutes on high flame.
- Preheat the pan and put some oil on it.
- Add some cardamoms, cumin seeds, cinnamon, and fry for a little while.
- Add all the ingredients from the onion bowl and saute it nicely. Keep the flame to medium only.
- Are all the spices like Kashmiri Chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, and turmeric powder. Mix it well.
- Add the tomato puree to the pan and give it a good mix.
- Mix all the contents in the pan nicely until the tomatoes release their oil. Now, add chickpeas and potatoes to the pan.
- Mix everything nicely until the potatoes are mushy.
- Sugar or salt according to your taste and garnish it with freshly cut coriander leaves.
Your healthy Chana Masala is ready to be served hot. Enjoy your meal with tortillas.
9. Healthy Blueberry Smoothie
A healthy smoothie is an end to all that stress in your head. Just have a chilled smoothie and relax. The Blueberry Smoothie we are making is super refreshing and is perfect for all seasons, especially for summer. Only 6 ingredients are required to make this high protein low fat recipe. Check out the instructions clearly.
- One TBSP of Honey
- Half a tablespoon of Vanilla Essence
- Fresh Mint Leaves
- A cup of Blueberries
- A cup of Yogurt
- A cup of Sugar (optional)
- Take all the ingredients and put them in a blender.
- Mix well until the mixture is smooth.
- Serve with ice cubes.
10. Protein Chaffles
Protein Chaffles are the best option for keto-friendly people. They are easy to make and ready to serve. They are a good alternative for carbs and a good option for proteins. Chaffles are sugar-free, super delicious, and will even make a good bread alternative for any sandwich.
- Whisk the eggs with melting cheese in a bowl.
- Put the mixture in a waffle iron for 2-3 minutes.
- Once the chaffs are gold and crisp, take them off and they are ready to serve.
That was all about this article on “High Protein Low Fat Recipes For Vegans & Non-Vegans”. If you have any doubt regarding the preparation of any recipe then comment below. We will be happy to help you.
If you found this article informative then do share it and have a great day.