RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Richmond Mayor Levar Stoney is asking the community to join the conversation on his proposed road map to making Richmond a more inclusive city.
During his Facebook Live weekly briefing Tuesday afternoon, Mayor Stoney said that he would like residents to weigh in on his agenda before its introduced as a resolution before Richmond City Council.
“Before we introduce this as a resolution before Richmond City Council, I want to ensure it reflects the city’s vision – that includes yours,” said the mayor.
Mayor Stoney announced his equity agenda weeks back at his State of the City address.
Stoney said that not every item on the agenda is new but these items will help Richmond become a more equitable city:
- Addressing and Preventing Health Disparities
- Housing as a Vaccine for Poverty
- Ensuring Equitable Transit and Mobility for Residents
- Building Community Wealth to Combat Inequity
- Supporting and Caring for our Children and Families
- Creating Equitable Climate Action and Resilience
- Reimagining Public Safety
- Telling the Real History of Richmond
- Strengthening Community Engagement and Trust
- Utilizing Economic Development to Create Economic Justice
To view the agenda and offer feedback, click here.