If you are a fan of live streaming, then HBO Max is the best platform to watch and enjoy your favorite shows. However, facing language problems in our shows is very common. So, getting HBO Max subtitles to understand and enjoy the show is a must. Subtitles not only help you to understand a language, but it helps you to watch a show on silent mode. So, watching with subtitles is always a good choice, you should also learn how to make HBO Max full-screen on tv to take a better experience.
Moreover, subtitles can help you to build and expand your vocabulary. Even learning a new language through subtitles is a good idea. But devices come with different settings so you need to be aware of which device you are using. For instance, if you are looking to have subtitles on Roku on HBO Max, then you can do it with a remote. I understand when you are already watching a show in your native language, you do not need any subtitles. So, turning off the subtitles is a good option.
If you have tried everything to turn on subtitles on HBO, and know how to log out of HBO Max on Roku, then this post will help you with all of the streaming devices.
How to Turn on Subtitles on HBO Max on Roku?
Everyone loves to binge-watch their favorite shows on HBO Max, but one thing that would be great is to have subtitles. If you are someone who watches HBO Max, then you must know from where you can turn on subtitles. This article will walk you through the steps on how to turn on subtitles on HBO Max on Roku.
You can easily do it using Roku remote control. The instructions below will help you change the subtitles options in your account and make it easier to enjoy the videos without worrying about misspelled words or the names of unfamiliar places. You can also cancel HBO Max on Xfinity. To turn on subtitles on different streaming devices, read more!
Those who are using Roku streaming devices for their HBO Max shows will might need subtitles. But, before that, you should know that HBO Max and Discovery Plus are merged into single streaming service. So, if you are here to know how to turn on subtitles on HBO Max on Roku, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Click on the * button on the Roku remote to check subtitles.
- Choose closed captioning and enable the subtitle option.
- If you want to see your show screen again you can click on the Back button.
How to Turn Off Closed Caption on HBO MAX?
If you are trying to turn off closed captions on your HBO Max and do not know how exactly you can do it. You can follow the below-mentioned steps to turn off closed captions on HBO Max and how to turn on closed captions on HBO Max.
- Go to your show screen first and then tap on your screen.
- Click on the Audio and Subtitles option, which is in the top right corner.
- Choose the option from, Under subtitles, clock on language, closed captions, choose English.
- Click on X to save the changes you have done.
How to Turn on Closed Caption on HBO Max on Amazon Firestick?
Amazon Firestick is a streaming device. If you are enjoying your HBO Max shows along with the subtitles on Amazon Firestick, then read more. Learn how to turn on subtitles on HBO Max Roku. Follow the below-mentioned steps for it.
- Find the three horizontal line icons on the fire stick remote or press the menu button.
- Select the subtitles and audio option.
- Choose a language for your subtitles.
How to Turn on Closed Caption on HBO Max Using Android or iPhone?
No matter if you are using Android or iPhone, you can still enjoy HBO Max with subtitles. If you are here to know how to get subtitles on HBO Max, then follow the below-mentioned steps.
- You will find the CC icon on the screen during your show playback.
- Subtitles are off by default, so in case you want to change, you have to switch.
- You will see the purple and black color of the CC icon when you turn on the subtitles.
How to Turn on Closed Caption on HBO Max Using PC or Mac?
If you are watching your favorite HBO Max shows on PC or Mac, you need to learn how to turn on subtitles. Follow the below-mentioned steps to learn how to put subtitles on HBO Max Roku.
- Go to your browser, launch the streaming platform and choose video content.
- To see the basic menu, you need to move your cursor around.
- Find out the CC icon and click on it for subtitles.
- Go to the settings option if you want to change font style or size.
How to Turn on Subtitles on HBO Max on Smart TVs?
You can add HBO Max app to Vizio smart TV. Turning on subtitles on your smart TV is easy. If you are here to know how to turn on subtitles on HBO Max Roku, then follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Choose the select option on your remote when you are watching the HBO Max movies.
- Go to the drop-down menu and choose Audio and Subtitles.
- Go to the close captioning option and select English CC.
How to Turn on Closed Caption on HBO Max Roku?
In this post, we have talked about how to turn on subtitles on HBO Max on Roku. So, you can easily turn on subtitles or change the language of it using above mentioned steps. Whether it is Roku, Amazon firestick, smart TV, or any device, changing the subtitles works differently. So, to make your streaming experience easy, you should know how to turn on closed captions on HBO Max. Keep coming on Path of EX. Toodles!
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there subtitles on HBO Max?
Yes, HBO Max does have subtitles. To turn it on, select the audio and subtitles option. Choose the language, and it’s done.
Why do captions not work on HBO Max?
If your captions are not working on HBO Max, then pause the video, navigate to the CC icon, and turn on subtitles.
How to turn on subtitles on HBO Max on Roku?
You can turn on HBO Max subtitles from your Roku remote. Press the Roku remote’s play or pause button on the title. Click on close captioning. It will turn on your subtitles.
How to turn on CC on HBO Max?
Start your show on your TV or device and tap the down button on your remote. Choose Audio and Subtitles. Choose the option from, Under subtitles, clock on language, closed captions, choose English. Tap the Back button to save the changes.