Texas is now a hub of the best and hardest colleges in the country. Being the best in the country, colleges and universities are becoming more and more difficult to get admission into. With more competition among students and every student is better than the other, Texas college is becoming more critical in terms of selections and admissions.
Texas House Bill 588 passed in 1977 has marked the increase of diversity, radically and economically, in colleges and universities. The Texas House Bill 588 makes certain criteria for getting admission in the public universities in Texas:
- The public universities of Texas will be admitting students from the states, conditioning they fall under the top 10% of students, graduating from their high schools.
- The above mentioned rule is also followed by the Universities of Texas. Instead of the top 10% of students, the University of Texas takes in students who graduate in the top 6% from their high schools.
- The students who fall under the top 50%, can get admission into other schools and colleges or universities with a certain ACT or SAT score.
Top 7 Colleges with Low Acceptance Rate in Texas
The colleges listed below are some of the hardest colleges in Texas. It is the dream of every student to get into one of these colleges! We might not guarantee to fulfill your dream, but we can definitely guide you to your path. Read along with the list to get more detailed information about these colleges.
1. Rice University
Rice University was founded in 1912. It is also known as William Marsh Rice University. Rich University is a private research university in Houston, Texas. Around 25,000 students fill in application but only around 2,500 gets admitted (10%). Rice University is popularly known for its sciences and engineering courses. The university focuses on academic as well as athletic programs.
Also, read Easiest Colleges To Get Into In Texas
- Acceptance Rate: 10%
- Under graduation Enrollments: 4,000
- Middle 50%, SAT/ACT Score: 1470-1560 SAT, 33-35 ACT
2. Trinity College – Hardest College in Texas
Trinity College was founded in 1869. The Trinity college or the Trinity University is a private university in San Antonio, Texas. Around 9,900 students fill the application form but only around 29% get the chance to fulfill their dreams to study in college. Trinity College is best known for its student participation in research as undergraduates. The university offers many courses in various streams like fine arts, business, science, and many more.
The best of getting into Trinity College is that you will get to participate in so many activities like making assignments, debates, and many more. However, if things get a little hard for you, you can always pay someone to do my assignment.
- Acceptance Rate: 29%
- Under graduation Enrollments: 9,900
- Middle 50% SAT/ACT Score: 1290-1420 SAT, 29-32 ACT
3. Texas Wesleyan University
The Texas Wesleyan University was founded in 1890. The Texas Wesleyan University is a private Methodist university in Fort Worth, Texas. Around 5,500 students fill the application form, but only around 36% of students get admitted to the university. The university offers programs like criminal justice, computer science, marketing. There are various schools in the university:
Also, read 19 Best Economics Schools In Texas
- School of Natural Sciences
- Graduate Programs of Nurse Anesthesia
- School of Business Administration
- School of Arts and Letters
- School of Education
- Acceptance Rate: 36%
- Under graduation Enrollment: 2,000
- Middle 50% SAT/ACT Score: 930-1100 SAT, 20-24 ACT
4. University of Texas at Austin
The University of Texas was founded in 1883. The university is also known as UT Austin, UT, Texas is a public university. The University of Texas strictly adheres to the Texas House Bill 588. Under the bill, the university grants admission to the students in the states who graduate in the top 6% of their high school. The university has eighteen different schools and colleges under which they offer more than 100 undergraduate and 170 graduate degrees.
Also, check out 19 Best Economics Schools In Texas
- Acceptance Rate: 38.5%
- Under graduation Enrollment: 40,804
- Middle 50% SAT/ACT Score: 1170-1410 SAT, 27-33 ACT
5. University of Dallas – Hardest College
The University of Dallas was founded in 1956. The University of Dallas is a private Catholic university in Irving, Texas. The university has 9 different departments offering various courses. The universities also offer many research programs and have been publishing book series.
Also, check out Best Liberal Arts Colleges in Texas 2021
- Acceptance Rate: 39%
- Under graduation Enrollment: 1471
- Middle 50% SAT/ACT Score: 1120-1360 SAT, 23-29 ACT
6. Baylor University
Baylor University was licensed in 1845. Baylor University is a private Baptist University in Waco, Texas. The university adheres to many clubs and organizations, Sororities, and Fraternities. The university is also known for its Military Programs. Baylor offers various postgraduate programs in collaboration with the Army Medical Department in San Antonio.
Also, read Best Liberal Arts Colleges in Texas 2021
- Acceptance Rate: 45%
- Under graduation Enrollment: 14,188
- Middle 50% SAT/ACT Score: 1210-1370 SAT, 26-32 ACT
7. Texas Christian University
The Texas Christian University was founded in 1873. The Texas Christian University is a private Christian university in Fort Worth, Texas. A huge number of 19,000 students fill the application form and only 10% of those students get the chance to study in the university. The university is best known for its Greek life organization. Texas Christian University also offers many other courses covering many fields.
This was the list of the hardest colleges to get into in Texas. I hope that this list gave you some clarity about your dream school. Do let us in the comments what you think bout these schools. Also, share this with your friends and family.
Have a great day and an amazing life!