Natural Language Processing (NLP) technology is becoming an integral part of the lives of people. It plays a determinantal role in the living and working of the people. GPT (Generative Pre-trained Transformer) model series launched by Open AI has created a huge buzz and has received huge attention.
Since the launch of GPT-1, with each new updated version, each generation has added to the performance and functioning. On March 15th, 2023, OpenAI officially released the latest GPT model, GPT-4. Let’s take a closer look at GPT-4.
What is GPT-4?
GPT-4 is the latest generation natural language processing model of ChatGPT., launched by Open AI. GPT -4 is one of the latest, forward-thinking and high-performance language models available. The GPT-4 will further expand the previous versions of GPT models with more parameters and more advanced algorithms, pushing the boundaries of natural language processing technology and laying a solid foundation for conversational interactions with chatbot.
GPT-4 will have a profound impact on various fields such as natural language generation, text classification, question-answering systems, language translation, etc, thereby making them more adaptable to various language interaction needs in human society.
In addition to these application scenarios, the appearance of GPT-4 will also bring unlimited possibilities for more intelligent human-computer interaction experiences and the development of language understanding technology.
Advancements of GPT-4
1. More Accurate and Efficient: As compared to its former versions, GPT_4 is more advanced. It is more accurate. According o an analysis, it is 40% more accurate than its predecessor, and it has the ability to restrict disallowed answers by 82%. It can better understand and process semantic and contextual information, achieving a more humanized interaction experience. By using more parameters and deeper layers, it achieves higher accuracy and efficiency.
2. Powerful Logical Reasoning and Common Sense Inference Ability: It improves the chain reasoning ability and performs well in multi-chain reasoning problems. In contrast, GPT-3.5 often requires more information on some very complex problems. In addition, GPT-4 can avoid logical fallacies in some simple problems, while GPT-3.5 tend to make more errors in simple reasoning questions.
3. Image Processing Ability: GPT-4 has the ability to see, understand and analyze the visual prompts. It can receive images as prompts, whereas GPT-3.5 is text-centric.
4. Better Knowledge Representation Ability: This means that it can not only generate coherent and fluent text but also understand the subtle differences and complexities of different languages and cultures. So it is more versatile and diverse when it comes to representation.
5. More Reliable and Creative: GPT-4 can handle more subtle instructions, understand context, and generate responses that are more relevant to the current situation. It also produces more imaginative and original responses to prompts.
How to Use GPT-4?
Currently, GPT-4 is exclusively available for the ChatGPT Plus, GPT-4 API, and New Bing Users, with a limit to its daily usage. Here is how you can use it.
1. Log in to your ChatGPT account
2. On the left side of the ChatGPT workplace page, click on ChatGPT Plus (ChatGPT Plus is priced at $20/month.
3. Select GPT-4 in the model options.
4. Start using it on the page. The image input function is not yet available.
In case you don’t have a ChatGPT account, you need to register for ChatGPT first. Once registered for CHatGPT, thereafter, you are entitled to use it.
If you don’t have a ChatGPT account, you need to register for ChatGPT first before you can use it. You can click here to see the ChatGPT account registration process.
GPT-4 API is a large-scale request GPT-4 service provided by OpenAI for developers. Developers can integrate GPT-4 into existing applications or use GPT-4 API to develop new applications. OpenAI will be open to the public from March 14th. Developers need to register for the waitlist. OpenAI will first require developers to use it from the waiting list. The price is $0.03 per 1k hint tokens and $0.06 per 1k completion tokens. The default rate limit is 40k tokens per minute and 200 requests per minute.
ChatGpt has revolutionized the world of Artificial Intelligence. And GPT has become a household name owing to its dynamic features. It has given all other AI tools a run for its money and stands out easily as a go-to Chatbot.