I imagine for a lot of fans, their first Pokémon will always be one of their favorites. There’s just something special about those starters, and that’s why Jeff Grubb and I have tackled them for our latest tier list.
For each new generation of games, Pokémon introduces three starters that begin your adventure with you. There’s always a grass type, a fire type, and a water type. It’s always fun choosing your starter. It turns out that it’s also fun ranking every starter.
Note that our tier list doesn’t include starters from some of the remakes and spinoff games. In other words, we’re not counting Pikachu or Eevee.
If you want to make your own tier list, you can do so here.
GamesBeat’s creed when covering the game industry is “where passion meets business.” What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you — not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it.
How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and “open office” events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties
Become a member