Fortnite, massive gameplay by Epic Games, is a video game series that features a zombie-infested world for its players. It has two titles, including “a team survival shooter” called Fortnite and “Save the World, and a single-player game” called Fortnite: Battle Royale. In this article, I will let you know everything about Fortnite and its global phenomenon.
Till now, a bundle of users has installed this game and have loved this epic gameplay in every possible way. As per the survey by CouponBirds, the active number of players in Fortnite is around 80 million, helping makers generate millions of dollars in a month. In 2018, Fortnite: Escape gathered up to $5.4 billion for Epic, which is surely the most profitable number of that year.
Run through this article now and grab the in-detailed guide on Fortnite, how and when this game was launched, new opportunities, events, and multiple features. Head on and learn what you can expect in this epic gameplay.
When & How Epic Games Fortnite Was Launch | Features Of Fortnite Gameplay
Climbing up to the sky and touching heights is what Fortnite has been doing in the gaming category. It has marked its presence on various console platforms, crediting to Tim Sweeney its massive industry experience and influence.
Fortnite came up at Epic Games’ in-house game convention in 2011 after Gears of War 3 was released, and since then, it has been crossing everyone’s hearts. It was not one of the games developed and planned in a conference but was generated with the concept of a blend of forming game genres presenting Minecraft and Terraria and introducing the shooter game on the ground.
Making and developing the perfect version of Fortnite was not easy, as it faced many issues on the ground. Starting from the switch from Unreal Engine 3 to Unreal Engine 4, a full-proof method to expand the lifespan of the game and converting the art style of the gameplay from a dark theme to an animated theme.
With many updations and additions coming up in the gameplay, Epic games have also wished to switch the games as a service model. In order to implement such an update, makers have also reached out to Chinese publisher Tencent to help them out. Tencent made a mega stake in Epic, laying off some senior executives like Clif Bleszinski, who was a major contributor to Fortnite’s development.
Earlier, Epic games were all prepared to launch Fortnite as a paid early-access game in July 2017, with the intention to put it out as a free game in 2019 and review the feedback from players continuously. The launch of Fortnite Battle Royale, player vs. environment mode, is referred to as “Save the World.” However, later on, Epic decided to put out Save the World in a premium version, ending early access on June 29, 2020.
Features of Fortnite:
- Fortnite is a wholesome package of thrill, fun, and experience.
- Players can build and interact with their players on a major level.
- Players can hook up to Fortnite off the virtual ground, in real life as well.
- It is considered the closest systems ecosystem to a metaverse.
Also, read Now.gg Fortnite | Play Fortnite Online on Browser For Free
List of All Fortnite Mega Events | Concerts & Other Affairs
Nowadays, Fortnite is not just considered a game, but it is more like a social space where everyone can chit-chat with other custom characters and have a blast in some of the concerts, movie launches, fan meet-outs, and other real-world events like:
- Marshmello’s first live Fortnite concert in February 2019 which was loved by more than 10 million players;
- Marvel’s Avengers: Endgame offered a co-branded interactive mode In April 2019 in Fortnite, allowing players to live their Avengers avatar as they fight Thanos;
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker held an audience screening at Fortnite in December 2019 and took an interview with director JJ Abrams.
- American rapper Travis Scott held an immersive concert called Astronomical in Fortnite in April 2020 where around 17 million people showed their participation at the same time, causing a viral spread on social media;
- In August 2021, Ariana Grande, a popular American singer, performed five consecutive concerts in Fortnite.
With the intervention of Star power, the game became more popular and made its share of success to a major level. Undoubtedly, Fortnite is holding up to a bright future in the coming years.
Also, read How to Get Fortnite Sinister Glare Outfit 2023 | Halloween Skin in Fortnite
With new maps, new content, and a blank SLATE, there are surely going to be crazy new live-streaming events every now and then. As observed, a bundle of new players is hooking up to this gameplay, and this number is surely going to embark on a mega milestone for Fortnite makers.
This is all the information you need about Fortnite- a Global Phenomenon. If you a true Fortnite fan, there is no chance that you should miss those exciting upcoming events. So, what’s the wait? Go and explore the Fortnite World!