JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Former Mississippi Representative Gary Staples passed away on Saturday, January 2. He was 80 years old.
According to the Laurel Leader-Call, Stapled died after a battle with cancer.
The Jones County politician served District 88 from 1988 to 1992 and from 2004 to 2020.
- Former Mississippi Rep. Gary Staples passes away
- Congress opens new session as COVID-19, Biden’s win dominate
- Mother says daughters killed in New Year’s Day murder-suicide had positive outlooks on the world
- Longhorns react: Current and former UT football players speak out after head coach Tom Herman fired
- Overriding defense-bill veto could bring state-of-the-art inspections to more border crossings