Are you facing the issue of YouTube notifications not working? Guess what? You are not alone; there are many users who have complained and reported the same issue on platforms like Reddit and Twitter. There can be tons of reasons why the issue occurs, which can range from a setting issue, not signing in to the correct account, or the server being down. To learn about the issue on YouTube and how to resolve it, follow this guide!
Notifications on YouTube play an important role in keeping a tab on what is going on on the platform. YouTube is a huge platform, and to get notifications means you are up to date about the happenings on the platform. Receiving a notification is also considered an engagement feature, as it allows you to call for action.
So, without further ado, let’s dig in to learn about how to fix YouTube notifications not working and what causes the error.
In This Article
How to Fix YouTube Notifications Not Working?
YouTube notifications not working has been quite irksome for the users; while there can be different reasons why your notifications are not working, you can follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting methods that will help you resolve the issue of YouTube notifications not working.
Method 1: Fix YouTube Notifications Not Working By Checking YouTube Notification Settings
One of the basic methods that you can try to resolve the issue is by checking if the YouTube notification settings are properly set. To receive YouTube notifications, you need to turn on the channel’s notification settings in order for it to send notifications to you. To do that, follow the given steps.
- Launch the YouTube app on your device.
- Click on the profile icon on the screen.
- Navigate to the Settings from the menu.
- Tap on Notifications.
- Head to Channel Settings and then click on it.
- Now, you need to search for the channel you want to receive push notifications from.
- Click on the bell icon.
- Tap on the Select All.
- Repeat these steps for all channels you want to get push notifications.
Method 2: Fix YouTube Notifications Not Working By Enabling Mobile Device Notification Settings
You need to make sure that the notifications from YouTube are enabled on your mobile device. In case it is not, you won’t be able to get any notifications on your device. In order to turn on the notifications on your smartphone, follow the given steps.
Turn On Notification Settings for Android Devices
- Launch the Settings app on your device.
- Choose the Apps & Notifications section in the Settings.
- Select the YouTube app from the list.
- Choose Notifications.
- Now, turn on the Show Notifications button. Also, make sure that all notification settings are enabled on your device.
Turn On Notification Settings on iOS
- Launch the Settings app on your device.
- Choose YouTube.
- Select Notifications.
- Now turn on the Allow Notifications switch.
Method 3: Fix YouTube Notifications Not Working By Enabling Browser Notifications
If you are using YouTube on Chrome browser, you need to enable the browser notifications to make sure that the YouTube website is allowed to send you notifications. In order to enable browser notifications, follow the given steps.
- Launch the Google Chrome browser on your device.
- Tap the menu icon on the top right side.
- Choose the Settings.
- Select Privacy & Security.
- Choose Site Settings.
- Tap on the Notifications banner.
- Check if the YouTube website is listed under the Block list. In case it is, then click the menu icon and choose Allow.
Method 4: Fix YouTube Notifications Not Working By Enabling Background App Refresh
To fix YouTube notifications not working, ensure that the background app data activity is enabled for Snapchat. In order to do that, follow the given steps.
- Go to the Settings of your device.
- Head to the General panel.
- Click on Background App Refresh.
- Now scroll down and head to YouTube.
- Make sure the toggle next to Snapchat is enabled.
Method 5: Fix YouTube Notifications Not Working By Clearing YouTube App Cache
Try clearing your browser’s excessive cache. Once you do that, you need to check if the issue of the YouTube age restriction prompt button not working has been resolved. In order to clear cache and cookies, follow the given steps.
- Click on the three dots in the top right corner of the browser window.
- Select the Settings option.
- Head to Privacy and Security and then tap on Clear browsing data.
- Make sure to select Cached images and files and Cookies and other site data” before clicking Clear data.
Reasons Why Notifications on YouTube Are Not Working
Now that we have understood the fixes for YouTube notifications not working, it is time to dig a little deeper and learn why the error occurs in the first place. In the below-mentioned guide, I have explained the reasons for YouTube notifications are not working.
- Excessive stored cache.
- Browser notifications are disabled.
- Smartphone notifications are disabled.
- Adblockers enabled on your device can cause the error of YouTube notifications not working.
- YouTube’s server is down.
- You have not signed into the correct account.
YouTube is one of the most popular video streaming platforms. Every other day, the platform updates its app in order to keep up with the needs of its audience. Recently, many users have complained about YouTube notifications not working. To know how to fix YouTube notifications not working and what causes the error, read the entire article and share it with your friends.
For more trending stuff on Technology, Social Media, and Gaming, keep visiting Path of EX. For any queries, comment below, and we will get back to you ASAP!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why is the YouTube notification not working on my device?
YouTube notifications not working can be because of a setting issue, not signing in to the correct account, or even an ad blocker issue.
2. Why am I not getting notifications even though they are turned on?
If you are not getting notifications for a particular app, it can be because the notification settings for that app are disabled.