You bought a new device, and you are finding it hard to log in to your TikTok account on a new device. Don’t worry! Many users are coming across this error saying, ‘This Number is Already Registered.’ Here I am to help you with this blog on how to fix ‘This Number is Already Registered’ on TikTok.
TikTok is such a giant platform that it is common for it to run into an error every other day. A couple of days ago, TikTok had an error of TikTok video disappearing after posting and TikToks not showing on profile. Don’t worry; there is a way to fix this error of ‘This Number is Already Registered.’
Let me guide you further towards the methods that you can use to fix this problem of ‘This Number is Already Registered’ on TikTok and the reason behind its occurrance.
In This Article
How to Fix ‘This Number is Already Registered’ on TikTok?
There are several fixes that you need to attempt in order to fix this error of This Number is Already Registered’ on TikTok.
1. Fix ‘This Number is Already Registered’ on TikTok By Rechecking the Phone Number and Other details
Make sure that you have entered the correct phone number. Double-check it while entering, and then proceed further. Avoid typing errors and the wrong area code of your phone number. The phone number that you are entering should be in service and open to receive messages and calls.
2. Fix ‘This Number is Already Registered’ on TikTok By Logging in With Your Username
There are several ways to log in to the TikTok account. You can try to log in to your TikTok account from your Email id. TikTok allows you many other ways to log in, such as with Facebook ID, Twitter, and Apple ID.
3. Fix ‘This Number is Already Registered’ on TikTok By Unlinking Your Contact Number
You can fix this issue of ‘This Number is Already Registered’ on TikTok by unlinking your contact number. Follow the steps mentioned below in order to proceed.
1. Open your TikTok app and log in with your credinitals.
2. Tap on the Me option in the bottom right corner of the screen.
3. Now tap on the dots on the upper right side of the screen. This will open the Settings and Privacy page.
4. Scroll Down and select Report a Problem option.
5. Select Account and Profile.
6. A menu will open up. Click on email and phone number.
7. Next, choose the option saying changing the phone number and email associated with your account.
8. Go through the displayed panel and click on No.
9. You will land on a new page saying Need More Help.
10. In the blank space given, type: ‘I do not have access to the registered phone number anymore. Hence, I wish to change it.’ and click on Send.
11. TikTok will soon send you the promo to verify your details, such as birthday details and other information.
12. After this verification procedure, you can provide them with a new number.
And that’s it. This is how you can unlink your contact number from the TokTok account. This can be a useful way to fix This Number is Already Registered’ on TikTok Occured
4. Fix ‘This Number is Already Registered’ on TikTok By Contacting TikTok Support Team
You can contact the TikTok Support team for help. They will definitely provide you with their assistance. If you want to request TikTok to remove your number from that account, then you will have to provide them with proof that the device/phone belongs to you, along with proof that the phone number belongs to you.
5. Fix ‘This Number is Already Registered’ on TikTok By Creating a New Account Account With a New Number
If none of the above-mentioned methods come to your use, then you can simply create a new TikTok account with a new phone number or by signing up with your Gmail account. Meanwhile, you can keep contacting TikTok support for getting the ‘This Number is Already Registered’ on TikTok error fixed.
Why ‘This Number is Already Registered’ on TikTok Occured?
There can be many reasons for this error saying ‘This Number is Already Registered’ on TikTok may occur. Some of the reasons are here listed below for your better understanding.
- New Phone Number: If you have changed your old phone number to the new one, then you are likely to face the issue of This Number is Already Registered’ on TikTok Occured.
- Scam Account: This is a rare case, but there is a probability that this may happen. As there are online hackers and scammers, they may randomly generate phone numbers which may lead to this error called ‘This Number is Already Registered’ on TikTok Occured.
- You Forget to Log Out from the Previous Device: If you bought a new device, then there is a possibility that might occur. Somehow if you did not log out of your previous device, then you will not be able to get the access of that account on your new device because you cannot login same account in two devices.
- Incorrect Phone Number: Entering incorrect phone number can also be a reason for the error saying ‘This Number is Already Registered’ on TikTok may occur.
- A Glitch in the App: The reason behind the occurance of this error can be a temporary glitch in the TikTok app.
In this blog, I have mentioned all the essential details and information about the error ‘This Number is Already Registered’ on TikTok. I hope this information will serve you well and in your best interest. If you have any doubts or suggestions, feel free to comment below in the comment section. We will reach out to you soon. To read more about such informative and interesting blogs, keep visiting our website, Path of EX. Have a great day ahead!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What do I do if my phone number is already registered on TikTok?
Since your mobile phone number can only be associated with a single TikTok account, you can’t use the same phone number to create another or multiple accounts. If you want to make a new account, use a different phone number or change the phone number associated with your existing account.
2. Why does it say my phone number is already registered?
If you are trying to register for an online account, but are getting a message that says that telephone number is already in use, this means the telephone number is already registered in an online account. It may be possible that you or someone else in your business already set up a User ID for this telephone number.
3. Why can’t I unlink my phone number on TikTok?
If you can’t unlink your phone number from TikTok, it means your account was created with your phone number. There’s no other account access method other than your phone number. If you unlink it, there will be no way to access your account.
4. Can TikTok accounts be recovered?
It’s possible to recover your TikTok account within 30 days of deleting your account. After 30 days, deleted TikTok accounts are permanently closed and cannot be recovered. To recover a deleted TikTok account, you need your original email address and password.
5. Are TikTok accounts permanently deleted?
Once you delete your TikTok account, you will have 30 days during which you can change your mind and recover your account. After that period is up, all of your account data will be gone forever.