Planecaster is an essential feature in Baldur’s Gate 3 gaming experience. The feature allows a user to make a transition between different in-game planes. But recently, gamers have found that the feature is not working for them. To know about, Planecaster Not Working BG3 and how to fix the glitch, follow this guide thoroughly.
Gamers were left bewildered after they found out that the planecaster feature in the Baldur’s Gate 3 game is not working. They took on different platforms to complain about the issue. As of now, there is no concrete reason why the error occurs, but in this blog, you can find the common reasons why the Planecaster feature is not working and how to fix the glitch.
So, without further ado, let’s dig in to learn about planecaster not working BG3 and how to fix the glitch.
In This Article
Reasons Behind the Planecaster Not Working in BG3 Issue
The issue of the Planecaster feature not working has been bothering gamers as they can not get the full thrilling experience in BG3. In the below-mentioned guide, I have explained the reasons why the Planecaster is not working.
- Outdated Game Version: The most common reason why the planecaster feature is not working is because of the older versions of the game on your device.
- Corrupted Game Files: If you are using the corrupted files for the BG3 game, you are likely to face the issue of the planecaster feature not working.
- Software Issues: In case you are using background apps that have overlay issues, you are likely to face the issue of the planecaster feature not working.
- Full Reinstallation Needed: In case the game is not fully installed, some of its features won’t work, like the Planecaster feature.
- Hardware Limitations: In case your device’s hardware, like memory card or RAM, is facing the issue of not meeting the game requirements, you will likely face the issue of the Planecaster feature not working.
How to Fix Planecaster Not Working BG3?
Now that we have known the causes for Planecaster not working in BG3, it is time to dig in and learn about the ways to fix the issue. In the below-mentioned guide, I have explained the fixes for the Planecaster not working in BG3.
Method 1: Fix Planecaster Not Working BG3 By Updating Your Game Version
One of the basic methods that you can follow is updating your game to the latest version. Updates in your game prevent you from bugs and temporary glitches on the platform. In order to update your BG3 game to the latest version, you need to follow the given steps.
- Identify the platform from which you are playing the BG3; it can be Steam, GOG, or something else.
- Navigate to the game library.
- Find and choose BG3.
- Now check for updates by clicking on the update button.
- Monitor the update, and once it is completed, restart the game and check if the issue of the planecaster not working has been resolved.
Method 2: Fix Planecaster Not Working BG3 By Verifying & Repairing Corrupted Game Files
If you are using the corrupted files for the BG3 game, you need to repair those in order to fix the issue of the planecaster feature not working. Corrupted game files are usually caused by improper shutdowns, faulty updates, or more. In order to repair corrupted game files, you need to follow the given steps.
- Launch the gaming platform on your device. It can be Steam, GOG, or something else.
- Now head to your library, where you will find all the games that are linked to your account.
- Find and choose BG3.
- Right-click on BG3, and then choose the properties option.
- Now tap on the local files section.
- Now verify the integrity of the game.
- Then click on the Auto Repair option.
- Now once the repair is done, relaunch the game and check if the issue of the planecaster not working has been resolved.
Method 3: Fix Planecaster Not Working BG3 By Resolving Software Inerfrences
In order to resolve software issues on your device, you need to get rid of the potential culprits on your device that might be causing the issue of the planecaster feature not working. The main culprits that you can get rid of include:
- Closing unnecessary applications.
- Disabling overlay features.
Once you have made all the required adjustments, you need to launch Baldur’s Gate 3 and check if the issue has been resolved after making the adjustments. It is to be noted that you need to always make sure that there are no software updates required on your device.
Method 4: Fix Planecaster Not Working BG3 By Addressing Hardware Issues
In case your device’s external components are causing the issue, then you will have to address those issues in order to resolve the internal problems that your game is facing. To address the hardware issue of your device, you need to:
- Review your game requirements, and make sure your device is ready to handle the game and your device fills the minimum requirements set by the game.
- Adjust game settings in case your device is close to the minimum requirements; you can consider lowering your graphical settings.
- Update drivers.
- Consider hardware upgrades.
- Once you have made all the required adjustments, you need to launch Baldur’s Gate 3 and check if the issue has been resolved
The Planecaster feature allows a user to make a transition between different in-game planes in Baldur’s Gate 3 game. But recently, the feature has not working, and gamers are quite upset about the same. To know about, Planecaster Not Working BG3 and how to fix the glitch, read the entire article and do share it with your friends.
For more trending stuff on technology, gaming, and social media, keep visiting, Path of EX! For any queries, comment below, and we will get back to you ASAP!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long does it take to beat bg3?
It takes about 75-100 hours to complete the bg3 as it is the official length of the game.
2. What is the max level in BG3?
The level cap in Baldur’s Gate 3 is 12.