Are you enthusiastic about baseball matches? Then, you must be aware of the baseball games on the MLB app. But many Samsung TV users are facing the MLB App not working issue. This problem is mainly encountered with Samsung TV only. So, you must be curious: Why is the MLB app not working on Samsung TV? Scroll down and find reasons and solutions for this trending problem.
There can be issues like Compatibility, internet connection, server problem, hardware, caches not cleared, account information not verified, and many more. But resolving these common errors is relatively straightforward. A few methods to resolve this issue are using another network, reinstalling the MLB app, restarting the modem and router, and many more.
In the below post, I have shared the reasons for this issue and best practices to solve the MLB app not working on Samsung TV.
In This Article
Why is the MLB App Not Working on Samsung TV? Find Reasons
It can disturb you when you can’t access the MLB application on your Samsung TV. Today, I will mention all the possible and common causes of the MLB app not working on Samsung TV. So, let’s check out the causes.
- Poor Internet Connection: One of the common causes of this issue is a poor and unstable internet connection. If your internet connection is slow and not steady, the MLB application will not work on your Samsung TV.
- Old Model: If your Samsung TV is before 2017, the MLB app will not work. Your Samsung TV must be a 2017 or later model. So, in this case, you need to check the compatibility of your Samsung TV and the MLB application.
- Outdated Firmware: Sometimes, when your Samsung TV’s firmware is outdated, you can face many issues while using the MLB or any other application. The firmware of your Samsung TV must be updated.
- Caches in Memory: If your MLB application is full of unnecessary cache memory, it can interrupt the performance of the MLB app on your Samsung TV. So, it’s better to clear all the cache and cookies of the MLB app.
- Block VPN: If you are using a VPN, it’s high time to block it. Most streaming applications and services block the VPN traffic for geographical restrictions.
- Server Issue: There can be an issue with the server of the MLB. If this happens, you need to wait until the problem gets resolved.
- Hardware Issue: Another possible reason is that your Samsung TV might be broken or face hardware issues. In this case, you must try logging in to the MLB application on another device.
How to Fix the MLB App Not Working on Samsung TV?
As you can see, there can be many reasons why the MLB app not working on Samsung TV. But you don’t need to worry about these reasons. There are plenty of easy and effective methods available that can fix this issue. So, let’s see how you can fix the MLB app not working on your Samsung TV issue.
1. Check the Internet Connection
A steady and fast internet connection is required for streaming online. If your internet connection is unstable and slow, then this may cause MLB app not working on Samsung TV. You can perform an internet speed test on your smartphone or personal computer.
If your internet connection speed is at least 3 to 4 Mbps, then it is enough for standard streaming. But if you want to stream on HD, your internet speed must be 5 to 8 Mbps. You can try some techniques if your internet speed is slower than that.
- You can check for the sources of interference, like too many walls between your Samsung TV and the wifi router.
- You can restart your wifi router.
- You can also call your internet connection provider to know if there are any network issues or if you just need an update.
2. Check the Compatibility of the MLB App and Your Samsung TV
If your Samsung TV is before 2017, the MLB application will not support your device. The MLB application only works with the models of Samsung smart TV that are 2017 or later. Your Samsung TV might be running on Samsung’s Tizen OS version. On the Samsung website, you can check the operating system version and the year of your Samsung TV.
But if your Samsung TV is before 2017, you can replace your TV, or you can add a streaming stick to use the MLB application. You can easily play MLB on your Samsung TV by adding a Roku Streaming Stick or a Fire TV Stick.
3. Power Cycle the Samsung TV
Sometimes, the MLB app not working on Samsung TV because of minor glitches. You need to restart your Samsung TV to get rid of these minor glitches. There are two ways of restarting your Samsung TV.
Restart Samsung TV with Remote:
- First, make sure that your Samsung TV is on and it is not in standby mode.
- Press and hold the power button of your remote until the TV turns off.
- Now wait for a few minutes.
- Then, press and hold the power button of your remote again to turn on your Samsung TV.
- Next, tap on the Home button.
- Finally, open the MLB application to check if the issue is resolved.
Restart Samsung TV Manually:
- First, unplug the power cord of your Samsung TV from the main power supply.
- Now, wait for a few minutes.
- Next, plug the power cord back and turn your Samsung TV on.
- Then, select the Home button.
- Finally, check the MLB application to see if the problem gets resolved.
4. Update the Firmware of Your Samsung TV
Sometimes firmware updates can fix many minor issues. The firmware of your Samsung TV updates automatically, but you can also update your Samsung TV’s firmware manually. So, let’s follow the steps of updating the firmware of your Samsung TV manually.
- First, you need to tap the Home button on the remote control of your Samsung TV to open the smart hub.
- Now, from the smart hub menu, select Settings.
- Then, choose the Software Update option.
- Next, tap on the Update Now button.
- Now, wait until the download finishes.
- Finally, you need to follow the on-screen instructions for installing the update.
5. Restart the WiFi Router
Most of the time, there can be issues with your wifi router. Sometimes it’s easier to restart the wifi router rather than trying to debug every network issue to check if the issue gets resolved. Let’s see how you can restart your wifi router.
- First, unplug the power cord of your router from the modem.
- Now, wait for at least 30 seconds.
- Then, plug the power cord back into the modem.
- Next, wait a few minutes until the router and the modem finish their boog up.
- Finally, open the MLB application to check if the problem is solved.
6. Reinstall the MLB Application
After applying these methods mentioned above, if the MLB App Not Working on Samsung TV problem is still unresolved, it’s high time to delete the MLB application and install it again. Sometimes reinstalling any application can fix many issues. So, now let’s see the process of reinstalling the MLB application.
Steps to Delete the MLB Application:
- On the Samsung TV remote control, tap on the Home button.
- From the on-screen menu, choose Apps.
- Now, tap on the Settings option.
- Head to the MLB.TV application.
- Then, tap on the Delete tab.
- Finally, click on the Delete tab in the popup box to confirm.
Steps to Reinstall the MLB Application:
- First, click the Home button on the remote control of your Samsung TV.
- Now, from the on-screen menu, select Apps.
- Then, in the Apps screen, tap on the Search icon.
- Next, enter MLB.TV in the search box.
- Finally, tap on the Install button.
7. Turn Off the VPN
If you use a virtual private network (VPN) for the MLB application, then it’s better to turn it off. If you are unaware of a VPN, you are not using it. But if you use a VPN, you must turn it off. A maximum number of streaming services and applications block the VPN traffic.
You might be using a VPN that MLB.TV already blocks. And if MLB TV blocked your VPN. Then you cannot access the application on your Samsung TV. You must turn off the VPN and connect again to check if the issue resolves.
8. Open the MLB Application on Another Device
Sometimes there might be hardware issues with your Samsung TV. In this case, you cannot do anything except for contacting Samsung support. But if you are unaware of the issue with your Samsung TV, you need to try to access the MLB application on another device. If the MLB application works fine on another device, then be sure that there is a hardware issue in your Samsung TV.
9. Clear the MLB Cache Memory
If the issue is still unresolved, try to clear all the unnecessary cache memory of your MLB application. Sometimes an excessive amount of cache memory can create many minor issues. So, it’s better to delete them all. Let’s follow the steps of clearing the cache and cookies of the MLB application.
- First, open the smart hub of your Samsung TV by pressing the Home button on the remote control of your Samsung TV.
- Now, from the smart hub menu, tap on Settings.
- Then, choose the Apps option.
- Next, tap on the System Apps tab.
- Now, select the MLB.TV application.
- Then, click on the Clear Cache option.
- Finally, tap on the OK button to confirm.
10. Check the Server Status of the MLB
In this method, you need to check the official website of the MLB.TV to check if any server-related issue has occurred. If the issue is from MLB.TV’s side, then you cannot do anything by yourself.
Sometimes because of too much traffic, the server of the MLB application can be down. So, in this case, you need to wait until the server problem of the MLB.TV gets resolved by itself. You can only check the official website of the MLB for recent updates.
11. Factory Reset Your Samsung TV
This method is a little tricky. Once you factory reset your Samsung TV, all your Samsung TV data will get permanently deleted. When all the easy methods cannot resolve your issue, then a factory reset might fix the problem. Let’s follow the steps of factory reset.
- Open the smart hub by pressing the Home button on the remote control of your Samsung TV.
- Now, head to the Settings menu.
- Then, open the General tab. (Or go to Support and then Self Diagnosis.)
- Next, tap on Reset. If you are asked to enter a pin, enter your pin or the default 0000 number.
- Finally, click on the OK button to confirm the reset.
12. Contact the Support Centre
If all the above-mentioned methods cannot resolve your issue, and if you are still facing problems while using the MLB application, then it’s high time to contact the customer support team, and you can contact them by filling up the application form. If the problem is with your internet connection, then contact your internet connection provider. If the problem is with your Samsung TV, then contact the customer support team of Samsung. And if the problem is with the MLB.TV server, then either wait or contact their technical support team.
Additional Troubleshooting Tips- Quick Checkpoints:
1) You need to make sure that your internet connection speed is stable and strong. Also, please make sure that your Samsung TV is connected to the WiFi router or any other internet connection.
2) Please make sure that no other applications are opened in the background. When you are using the MLB application, only open this. If you open too many applications in the background, it will interrupt your streaming on MLB.TV.
3) Tey to restart your Samsung TV with the remote control or manually. By restarting your device, you can fix many temporary glitches that interrupt your streaming on the MLB application.
4) If your MLB application is outdated, then check for updates. Maximum times the applications get updated by themselves. But if, because of some minor issues, the MLB application cannot be updated on its own, then you need to check for recent updates and update the app manually.
5) If the problem is with MLB.TV’s side, and you already wait a lot for the issue to get resolved by itself, then feel free to contact the technical support team of the MLB.
If you want to know why the MLB app is not working on Samsung TV, scroll up and get the reasons. In addition, I have also shared the cost-effective solutions to resolve the MLB not working issue. Additionally, I have shared some additional quick troubleshooting steps if you find difficulty in following all these long steps. So, scroll up and resolve the MLB app not working on Samsung TV issue now.
Are you able to resolve the MLB app not working on Samsung TV issue? Please share your views and opinions in the comments section.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why is the MLB App not Working on Samsung TV?
Poor internet connection, incompatible Samsung TV, outdated firmware of the Samsung TV, excessive cache and cookies, turned on VPN, server issues of the MLB.TV and hardware issues of your Samsung TV are the common causes why the MLB application not working on Samsung TV.
2. Does MLB TV work on Samsung Smart TV?
The MLB app must be pre-installed on the supported Samsung device.
3. What are the compatible devices for the MLB.TV?
Amazon Fire Cube, Stick and TV, Android phones and tablets, Android TV, Apple TV (4th generation), Apple TV 4K, Chromecast, Chromecast with Google TV, iPhone, iPad, PC, Mac web browsers, PlayStation 4, 5, Roku Ultra, Express, Premiere, Stick and TV, Xbox One, Xfinity Flex, X1, and Samsung TVs (select models) are compatible with the MLB.TV application.
4. How to Fix the MLB App not working on Samsung TV?
By checking the internet connection, checking the compatibility of your Samsung TV and the MLB application, power cycling your Samsung TV, updating the firmware of your Samsung TV, restarting the wifi router, reinstalling the MLB app, turning off the VPN, using another device to open the MLB application, clearing cache and cookies of the MLB app, checking the MLB server status, performing a factory reset, and contacting the customer support team you can fix the MLB application not working on your Samsung TV issue.