LinkedIn is the go-to platform for job seekers and recruiters. Each notification alert on LinkedIn is important as it might lead you toward your targeted goals. Whether it is a message notification, job alert, or anything else, notifications on LinkedIn play an important role. Recently, many users have complained that their LinkedIn notifications are not working. If you are among such users then you are at the right place. In this article, I will tell you, why LinkedIn notifications are not not working and how to fix Linkedin notifications not working.
LinkedIn users have taken to different platforms like Reddit and Twitter and complained that they are facing issues regarding notifications and the LinkedIn app fails to deliver timely alerts on important actions. So, far LinkedIn has not commented on the issue, but you don’t worry, I am here to help.
So, without further ado, let’s dig in to learn about notifications not working on LinkedIn and how to fix it.
In This Article
Reasons For LinkedIn Notifications Not Working
Notifications on LinkedIn are important as it helps you stay updated on the happenings on the platform, the most common reason LinkedIn notifications not working can be due to misconfigured notification settings, lack of app permissions, or battery optimization settings.
In the below-mentioned list, I have explained the common reasons for LinkedIn notifications not working:
- Notification Settings: The basic issue of LinkedIn notifications not working can be the misconfigured settings of notifications. It can cause disabling your notifications.
- App Permissions: In case your app does not have the necessary permissions, like enabled notifications, it can cause the issue of LinkedIn notifications not being received.
- Battery Optimization: Battery optimization settings on your device can sometimes restrict apps from running in the background, leading to notification issues.
- App Updates: An outdated LinkedIn app can be the reason why you are facing notification-related problems. Ensure that your app is updated to the latest version in order to resolve the issue.
- Server Issues: If the LinkedIn server is down or under maintenance it can cause the issue of notifications not working.
- Excessive cache: Unnecessary accumulated cache or corrupted data within the LinkedIn app can be the reason for notifications on the platform not working.
How to Fix LinkedIn Notifications Not Working?
Now that you have understood the cause of LinkedIn notifications not working. It is time to dive in and know how to resolve the issue. In the below-mentioned guide, I have explained the fixes for LinkedIn notifications not working.
Method 1: Fix LinkedIn Notifications Not Working By Checking Your Notification Settings
In order to receive LinkedIn notifications, you need to make sure that LinkedIn notification settings are properly configured. One of the reasons why you are not receiving LinkedIn notifications is because the push notifications are disabled on LinkedIn. To check the notification settings on LinkedIn, follow the given steps.
- Launch the LinkedIn app on your device.
- Head to the settings.
- Choose Notifications and make sure all important notification types are enabled.
- In case they are not enabled, toggle them on and check if this resolves the issue of LinkedIn notifications not working.
Method 2: Fix LinkedIn Notifications Not Working By Turning Off LinkedIn Unused App Settings
In case you haven’t used LinkedIn app in a while, your operating system might restrict its permissions like not receiving notifications. In case you are not an active member on LinkedIn, you can try disabling this feature. In order to do that, follow the given steps.
- Navigate to Settings on your device and then choose Apps.
- Choose LinkedIn from the list and go to Permissions.
- Look for the option Pause app activity if unused and turn off the toggle.
- Once done, check if by disabling the unused app settings has resolved the problem of LinkedIn notifications not working.
Method 3: Fix LinkedIn Notifications Not Working By Unrestricting LinkedIn Battery Usage
The apps on your device usually work with optimized battery usage, and it may prevent them from sending notifications when they are not running in the background. So, you need to unrestrict the battery usage in order to make the LinkedIn notifications work. To do that, follow the given steps.
- Open Settings on your device.
- Head to the Apps section.
- Search and find LinkedIn in the list of apps and tap on it.
- Head to the App Battery Usage and choose Unrestricted.
- Once done, check if it has resolved the problem of LinkedIn notifications not working.
Method 4: Fix LinkedIn Notifications Not Working By Updating the LinkedIn App
An outdated LinkedIn app can be another reason that you are facing notification issues on the platform. To resolve the issue, you need to update your app to the latest version. New updates on LinkedIn fixes the temporary bugs on the platform. To update the LinkedIn app, you need to follow the given steps.
- Head to the Google Play Store or App Store on your iOS or Android device.
- In the search bar above the screen, type in LinkedIn.
- Click on the update option located next to LinkedIn.
- Once done, head to the LinkedIn app and check if the issue is resolved.
LinkedIn is the most popular app for job seekers and recruiters. But like every platform, LinkedIn also faces timely glitches every now and then. The recent glitch of LinkedIn notifications not showing has been bothering users. To know about, not receiving LinkedIn notifications and how to fix it, read the entire article and share it with your friends.
For more trending stuff on Technology, Gaming, and Social Media, keep visiting Path of EX. For any queries, comment below, and we will get back to you ASAP!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why might push notifications stop working LinkedIn?
It can be because the device token is not being sent to the push provider correctly.
2. Where are my LinkedIn notifications?
Notifications appear at the top of your LinkedIn homepage on the My Network, Jobs, Messaging or Notifications tabs.
3. Are LinkedIn notifications instant?
Yes. LinkedIn sends out push notifications to qualified job seekers within minutes.