I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and noticed that the KB5017321 update was not installed on my computer. This means the window just sits there with the progress bar forever. I’ve tried all kinds of different ways to fix it but nothing seems to work. In case this happens to anyone, here are some tips for how to fix KB5017321 or KB5017026 update not installing on Windows 11.
There are lots of people who are facing the same problem as me. Some of them have found a solution and some others are still looking for a solution. Have you ever tried any other solutions before? Do you know about the KB5017321 or KB5017026 update not installing on windows 11? I have found 4 useful ways to fix these errors. This new update of Windows contains carbon awareness which can easily schedule an update on your Windows for you. So, you do not need to worry to miss that.
Check out this article for those 4 fixes which can help you to solve your error quickly. I have explained all the step-by-step processes so you will get your answers on how to fix KB5017321 or KB5017026 Update Not Installing on Windows 11.
How to Fix KB5017321 or KB5017026 Update Not Installing on Windows 11
Finally, these are the latest updates that Windows released for its users. KB5017321 or KB5017026 updates were released on 20 September 2022. These new Windows updates will allow you to update even faster than earlier. The best part about these new updates is they automatically set the schedule for the updates which is more convenient.
Windows users are facing some issues while downloading. If you have also tried to download the latest updates of Windows, you might have seen the error 0x800f0806. So, if you are finding a way to install Windows 11, let me show you how to fix KB5017321 update not installing on Windows 11.
Also, read iOS 16 Bugs & How to Fix it
Method 1: Fix KB5017321 or KB5017026 Update Not Installing on Windows 11 by Running the Update Troubleshooter
There are 4 ways to fix KB5017321 or KB5017026 errors while you update Windows 11. You can run the update troubleshooter on your windows to solve this error. Follow the below-mentioned steps to fix KB5017321 update not installing on windows 11.
- Open the Windows Start Menu on your computer.
- Now go to the Settings menu.
- Now launch the System menu and select Troubleshoot and then other Troubleshooters from it.
- Then go to the Windows update option and Run the process.
- Now Restart the PC to complete the process.
Method 2: Fix KB5017321 or KB5017026 Update Not Installing on Windows 11 by Restarting Windows Update
You can also fix the updates by restarting Windows. This process will help you and it will also transfer background service so that your updates can be installed easily on your computer. I have explained a step-by-step process to fix KB5017026 Update Not Installing on Windows 11.
- On your computer, and then go to the Windows search bar.
- Launch the Service menu from it.
- Now click on Windows update and then go to Startup type.
- Select the option Automatic and then choose Apply and ok.
- Now choose the option of Restart the service and then Windows Update.
- Go to Background intelligent transfer service then select Startup type Automatic and select to apply and ok.
- Choose the option of Restart the service for Background intelligent transfer service.
- After completing all these processes Restart your PC.
Fix KB5017321 or KB5017026 Update Not Installing by Using Windows 11 Installation Assistant
Now, we will talk about the 3rd fix which can help you to update your Windows. If you are facing a problem while installing the latest updates on your Windows 11 then you should try once to download an installation assistant. If you do not have a good installation assistant on your computer, this could be also one of the reasons for your Windows update error.
To download the installation assistant follow the below-mentioned steps. So let us start the process of how to fix KB5017321 update not installing on windows 11.
Method 3: Fix KB5017321 or KB5017026 Update Not Installing on Windows 11 by Using Windows 11 Installation Assistant
- Launch the Windows.
- Click on this link.
- Now to download the updates click on Download now.
- To complete the installation process Run the .exe file option and then accept the install option.
Method 4: Fix KB5017321 or KB5017026 Update Not Installing on Windows 11 Using Microsoft Update Catalog
We have discussed 3 ways to fix the update error on your Windows. I will show you one more way to fix it, which is also very good for all Windows users. You can use the Microsoft update catalog to fix these errors. I have explained step by step the process of how to Fix KB5017026 Update Not Installing on Windows 11.
- Open Windows on your computer and then Go to this link.
- Now search for KB5017321 or KB5017026.
- Now, Download the Windows 11 KB5017321 or KB5017026 for the update.
- Then after completing all the processes Restart your PC.
In this article, we have learned how to fix KB5017321 or KB5017026 Update Not Installing on Windows 11. People are facing problems while updating for the latest updates.
You can try these 4 fixes which I have mentioned above to fix your Windows error. Try these 4 fixes and let me know in the comment box how this can help you. Follow Path of EX for more tech articles and step-by-step guides. Have a great day!!!
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does my Windows 11 Installation keep failing?
This happens because of Windows 11 failed error.
Why is it taking so long to install Windows 11?
Your Windows 11 taking so much time in installing because of the slow hardware components on your device.
Is 512GB enough for a laptop?
Yes, 512GB SSD is more than enough for all laptop users.