Apple has launched many new features with the release of iOS 17. Among these hidden features, FaceTime Reactions is a new feature. Users can express their emotions during a video call using animated effects. iOS 17 users trigger these effects using hand gestures like heart, thumbs up, or laugh. However, many Apple users have reported iOS 17 FaceTime reactions not working issue. Don’t panic! Scroll down and get easy solutions now.
The possibility for FaceTime Reactions not to work on iOS 17 can be using wrong gestures, a disabled front camera, reactions being disabled for video calls, or technical glitches. Nevertheless, you can resolve these issues by enabling the front camera, Restarting the FaceTime app, force restarting the iPhone, and many more.
I will help you resolve the FaceTime Reactions not working issue in the post below. In addition, you will also learn the possible reasons for not working with this feature.
In This Article
Why is iOS 17 FaceTime Reactions Not Working?
After updating iOS 17, many people face difficulties while using FaceTime reactions. You might face similar issues if you are also using FaceTime Reactions in iOS 17. There can be some specific reasons behind this issue, like you are using wrong gestures, the front camera is disabled, and temporary technical glitches.
But you need to relax first because you are not the only one facing the iOS 17 FaceTime Reactions not working issue. So, let’s see the possible reasons behind this problem.
- If you use the wrong gestures, the FaceTime reactions will not work. In iOS 17, FaceTime supports eight gestures and reactions. You need to use the right gesture.
- If your front camera is disabled, you cannot use FaceTime Reactions. So, please make sure that you have enabled the front camera.
- It is vital to enable the reactions for video calls to use FaceTime reactions. If they are disabled, you will face the issue while using FaceTime reactions.
- Sometimes, your FaceTime application might have temporary glitches and bugs. So, restarting your iPhone and using FaceTime reactions while doing video calls will be better.
How to Fix iOS 17 FaceTime Reactions Not Working?
You don’t need to worry anymore if you face the iOS 17 FaceTime Reactions not working because I have some troubleshooting methods to solve this problem. The troubleshooting methods I will tell you will blow your mind. So, get ready to learn how you can fix the iOS 17 FaceTime Reactions not working issue.
1. Make Sure Your iPhone is Compatible
First, check if your iPhone is compatible with the FaceTime Reactions feature. The FaceTime reactions feature only works on iPhone 12 and newer models. So, if you have iPhone XR, XS, XS Max, or any iPhone 11 models, then this feature will not work.
2. Enable the Front Camera
You need to make sure that your front camera is enabled. Also, please make sure that you positioned your camera correctly. Your face should be visible while using FaceTime reactions. Try to avoid your hands from your face while making gestures. You need to pause for a moment to activate the feature.
3. Use Right Gestures
FaceTime supports eight gestures and reactions. Each gesture has a unique animation and 3D effect. Besides these eight gestures, other gestures will not work.
- Once Thumbs Up
- Once Thumbs Down
- Twice Thumbs Up
- Twice Thumbs Down
- Heart symbol
- Peace symbol with one hand
- Peace symbol with two hands
- Rock symbol with two hands
4. Enable FaceTime Reactions
It is very important to enable FaceTime reactions while doing video calls.
- Swipe down from the top right side while being on a FaceTime call.
- The Control Center will open.
- Click on the Video Effects option.
- Choose Reactions.
5. Force Quit the FaceTime Application
Sometimes, performing a force quit can help you to solve some temporary issues. So, let’s see how you can do it.
- From the bottom display, Swipe up and tap on the middle.
- Recently opened applications will be in front of you.
- After tapping on the FaceTime application card, hold it for a few seconds and then slide it upwards.
- After closing it, go to the home screen and tap the FaceTime symbol.
- Finally, start video-calling someone to check if the issue gets resolved.
6. Toggle On FaceTime
Sometimes, the FaceTime application does not work because of temporary glitches and bugs. To eliminate this issue, you need to toggle off the FaceTime and again toggle it on.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and select the FaceTime option.
- Now, turn off the FaceTime toggle.
- Wait for some time.
- Then, turn on the toggle and make a video call to check if the iOS 17 FaceTime Reactions not working issue is resolved.
7. Restart Your iPhone
You must restart your iPhone if all the above-stated methods fail to resolve your iOS 17 FaceTime Reactions not working issue. Sometimes, restarting your iPhone can solve a lot of minor issues. So, restarting your device and trying the FaceTime Reactions feature will be better to see if the issue gets resolved.
How to Fix iOS 17 FaceTime Reactions Not Working? Tutorial Guide
FaceTime Reactions is a fun and new feature on iOS 17. Using animated effects allows you to express your emotions and feelings during a video call. However, some users face iOS 17 FaceTime Reactions not working on their Apple devices, such as iPhones. So, scroll up and find seven easy and successful ways to resolve the FaceTime not working problem.
Are you able to resolve iOS 17 FaceTime Reactions not working issue? Please share your experiences with me in the comments section.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why are iOS 17 FaceTime Reactions not working?
Wrong gestures, disabled front camera, disabled FaceTime reactions, and temporary glitches and bugs are the main reasons behind the iOS 17 FaceTime Reactions not working issue.
2. How to fix iOS 17 FaceTime Reactions not working?
You can solve the issue by ensuring your iPhone is compatible, enabling the front camera, using the right gestures, enabling FaceTime reactions, force quitting the FaceTime application, toggling off and on the FaceTime feature, and restarting the device.
3. Which devices are compatible with the FaceTime Reactions feature?
FaceTime Reactions feature is compatible with iPhone 12 and later models.