Are you waiting for the iOS 17 new update release for new & hidden features? After updating your iOS devices to the new version, you can enjoy innovative features, like FaceTime on Apple TV, use Live Voicemail, limit photo access, and many more. But, as all new features or apps might take more battery life, you must be looking to learn “How to fix iOS 17 battery drain on iPhone and iPad.” Scroll down and find the steps to fix this problem.
If you are curious about the iOS 17 release, you must look at the details: “How long does it take to update to iOS 17.” Also, you can remove tracking information to save your battery life on iOS 17. You can also face battery drain problems if you forget to remove bugs from your iOS 17 device. Also, you can try other ways to fix the battery drain problem on your iOS 17 device.
In the below post, I will help you know the reason for draining the battery on your iOS 17, and also get the steps on “How to fix iOS 17 battery drain on iPhone and iPad.”
In This Article
Why Battery is Draining Quickly on iOS 17?
There can be many reasons why iOS 17 battery drains quickly. But as the official iOS 17 version is still not released, it is hard to tell what can be the reason behind this issue. And the beta version of iOS 17 is still under testing. But there are some possible reasons for this issue.
- Most applications of your device might not be optimized according to the new version of iOS 17. These apps are incompatible with the new iOS 17 version, draining more battery.
- After updating iOS 17, if you do not configure it correctly, it might cause a problem.
- Sometimes, your iOS 17 drains the battery quickly because of temporary glitches and bugs.
How to Fix iOS 17 Battery Drain on iPhone and iPad?
If your iPhone or iPad drains battery quickly after the iOS 17 update, you don’t need to worry because you are not the only one facing this issue. The iOS 17 battery drain on iPhones and iPads is a common issue. There are a few easy and effective methods available that can help to fix iOS 17 battery drain on iPhone and iPad issue. So, let’s see how you can fix the iOS 17 battery drain on iPhone and iPad issues.
1. Reboot Your Device
Rebooting your iPhone or iPad is a great method of solving many minor issues. Sometimes, after updating the iOS 17 version, your device might take a while to adapt to the new settings. Adapting to new features and settings, it might take a lot of battery. So, by rebooting your iPhone or iPad, you might get rid of the issue. Let’s see how you can reboot your device.
- Tap and hold the power button of your device until you notice the “slide to power off” option.
- Click on that option and turn off your device.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- Now, again, press and hold the power button of your device to turn on. You will notice that your device is creating less heat and working smoothly.
2. Force Restart Your Device
If rebooting your device cannot fix the issue, you can perform a force restart to refresh your device. Now, let’s follow the steps of force restarting your device.
- As the iPhone does not give you the restart option like Android, you need to press and release the “Volume Up + Volume Down” keys one by one.
- Next, tap and hold the power key until your device’s Apple logo appears to restart it.
3. Use the Low Power Mode
You might or might not know about the low-power mode feature of your iPhone or iPad. This feature helps to save the battery life of iPhones. By calling Siri and saying, “Activate low power mode,” you can easily activate it. You can also activate it manually. Let’s follow the steps of activating the low-power mode.
- By dragging your finger down from the top right corner, you need to open the Control Center if your device has a home button.
- Then, click on the Battery symbol to activate the low power mode.
4. Check for the Rogue Applications
If any of your downloaded applications are poorly coded or full of bugs, your device’s battery life will finish faster. You need to remove the rogue applications by following these steps.
- Go to the Settings of your device.
- Scroll down, select the Battery tab, and click the Battery Health option.
- Check your battery’s health and the apps that are frequently using it.
- Now, go back and open the General tab.
- Click on the Background App Refresh option and turn on the app toggles, draining the maximum battery percentage.
5. Downgrade the iOS 17 to iOS 16
Sometimes, your device is not compatible with the iOS 17. So, in this case, it is better to downgrade the iOS 17 to iOS 16 by using Tenorshare ReiBoot. Let’s follow the steps carefully.
- Download and install Tenorshare ReiBoot on your PC and launch it.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad with a USB cable and choose the iOS Upgrade/Downgrade option on the main screen.
- On the next page, select the Downgrade option.
- Next, download the firmware and follow the instructions mentioned on the screen.
- Finally, tap on the Initiating Downgrade option and wait until the process is completed.
6. Reinstall the iOS 17
As the stable version of iOS 17 is not out yet, there might be some bugs in the beta version. Also, your iPhone or iPad applications might not be optimized as per iOS 17. So, in this case, reinstalling iOS 17 can solve the issue.
- Go to the Settings of your device.
- Now, scroll down and select the General tab.
- Next, select the Software Update option.
- Then, check for available updates and download it. You need to enter your passcode to proceed.
- Finally, click the Agree button and wait until the device finishes the update.
7. Update All Applications
Sometimes, outdated applications can create a lot of issues. As the outdated applications are incompatible with the iOS 17 version, your device drains out the battery faster. Let’s follow the steps of updating apps.
- Go to the App Store of your device.
- From the top right corner, click on your profile picture.
- Now, scroll down and watch the outdated apps.
- Tap the Update All button at the top of the list to update all apps simultaneously.
8. Reset All the Settings
If the above methods cannot resolve your issue, you need to reset all your device settings. Sometimes, after an update, your previous settings remain the same. So, it will not work with the new update. By resetting all the settings, you might solve the problem.
- Go to the Settings of your device.
- Head to the General tab and click the Transfer or Reset iPhone button.
- Finally, select the Reset Network Settings option.
iOS 17 Additional Tips to Save Battery Life
In addition to the above tips, you can do a few other things to save battery life on your iPhone or iPad. So, let’s see the additional tips for saving battery life in iOS 17 on iPhone and iPad.
- Try to reduce the screen brightness while using your iPhone or iPad. Excessive screen brightness drains out the battery fast.
- Sometimes, turning off location services for apps that you don’t need them for can save battery life. You can turn it on only when you need it.
- Try turning off your Bluetooth and Wi-Fi when you are not using them. If you turn them on every time, it will drain the battery fast.
- When you are not using any application, remember to close it. Closing background applications that you are not using can save battery life.
How to Fix iOS 17 Battery Drain on iPhone and iPad? Tutorial Guide
If your iOS 17 device’s battery is getting drained fast, scroll up and get the steps on “How to fix iOS 17 battery drain on iPhone and iPad.” You will find eight different ways to fix the battery drain issue. Also, I have stated some additional tips that will help you save your battery life on your iOS 17 device.
I hope this “How to fix iOS 17 battery drain on iPhone and iPad” post has helped you resolve the issue. Please share your views and opinions in the comments section.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to Fix iOS 17 Battery Drain on iPhone and iPad?
You can fix the issue by rebooting your device, doing a force restart, using low power mode, removing rogue apps, downgrading, updating apps, and resetting settings.
2. Why does the iOS 17 Battery Drain so Quickly?
There might be some bugs, or your device is incompatible with the iOS 17 beta version.
3. How is battery life on iOS 17?
In a few hours, the battery life is below 20%.