Instagram users recently reported an issue with Instagram music while posting stories. Have you also been facing this error and haven’t posted your favorite picture since then? Don’t worry! You don’t have to wait long. I have brought this amazing blog on how to fix Instagram story music not working.
A couple of days ago, Instagrammers faced an error with the search not working, and others found their Instagram account locked. These errors very severely trouble users and cause interruptions in the smooth running of the Instagram apps. And now this error of Instagram story music search not working is frustrating for many users.
So, without further ado, let me walk you through this blog on how to fix Instagram story music not working.
In This Article
Reasons for Instagram Story Music Not Working
There are several reasons that can be behind Instagram story music not working. I have mentioned some of the reasons below.
- Instagram Music Sticker is Missing: While posting an Instagram story, if you notice that the music sticker is missing in the pop-up section, this can be one of the reasons for the Instagram story music search not working.
- Outdated Version of Instagram: If you have not updated your Instagram app in a while, this may also be the root cause for Instagram music not showing all songs.
- Account Contradictions: If you have more than one Instagram account open on your device, this can cause conflict between the Instagram story’s music network.
- Some Glitches in the App: There is a possibility that a temporary glitch or a bug might be causing this error in your Instagram app.
- A Technical Problem in Device: Another possibility can be that a technical issue might be causing this error of Instagram story music not working properly.
- A VPN: An enabled VPN in your device can cause an interruption in the functioning of the Instagram app, causing the Instagram story music search not working.
- Third-party Extension: If you are using third-party extensions on your device, they can commonly interfere with your Instagram account which may affect the Instagram story music feature.
- Weak Internet Connection: If somehow you have a weak or poor internet connection, this can be the biggest reason for Instagram music not showing all songs.
- Instagram is Down: Sometimes the reason behind such errors is the Instagram server being down. Like every other app, Instagram also goes through this problem of Insta’s server being down.
How to Fix Instagram Story Music Not Working?
After knowing all the possible reasons behind the error of Instagram story music search not working, here are all the solutions for it.
1. Fix Instagram Story Music Not Working By Checking the Music Sticker
Make sure to check if that feature is available and is showing to everyone else on Instagram. There can be chances that this sticker might not be appearing in your app only. Contact your friends and verify with them if they are also going through the same problem.
2. Fix Instagram Story Music Not Working By Updating Instagram App
To fix this error, saying the Instagram story music search not working, try updating your Instagram app. The latest version of Instagram will function more smoothly and accurately.
3. Fix Instagram Story Music Not Working By Switching Accounts
If there are multiple accounts opened on your Instagram app, try to fix this error by switching your accounts. If you are using a personal account, switch to a professional one, and if you are using a professional account, switch to your personal account.
4. Fix Instagram Story Music Not Working By Reinstalling Instagram
The reason behind this error can be a temporary glitch or a bug in the app. Try to uninstall and reinstall the Instagram app. Doing this will remove all the corrupted data in that app and related to the Instagram app.
5. Fix Instagram Story Music Not Working By Logging Out and Logging In
If the reason behind this error is somewhere within the app then, try to log out and log in again. This will fix all the problems from within the app.
6. Fix Instagram Story Music Not Working By Restarting Your Device
These kinds of errors can easily be caused by a technical fault in the app. Restarting your device can close all the apps in the background and give a fresh start to your device and Instagram app.
7. Fix Instagram Story Music Not Working By Disabling VPN
Ensure to disable the VPN if you are using that on your device. VPN very commonly interferes with the network of many social media apps, including Instagram.
8. Fix Instagram Story Music Not Working By Disabling Third-Party Extensions
If you have third-party extensions enabled on your device, make sure to disable them or remove them from your device. Such third-party extensions can very commonly interfere with the network of apps like Instagram.
9. Fix Instagram Story Music Not Working By Checking Internet Connection
If all of the above steps have not solved this problem, make sure to check the Internet connection you are connected to. If you have an unstable and poor internet connection, the Instagram story music search not working error can easily occur.
10. Fix Instagram Story Music Not Working By Waiting Patiently
Sometimes the reason behind such errors is the application’s backend server being down. In this case, there is nothing that I or you can do about it. Here, the only solution we have is to wait patiently for things to get settled down on their own. Usually, such errors take 24 to 48 hours to get fixed.
11. Fix Instagram Story Music Not Working By Contacting Instagram Support
If you applied all the methods mentioned above and none of them worked well in your favor, you can consider contacting the Instagram Support team. They will definitely figure out your problem and will suggest a fruitful solution to it.
Now that you know all the possible fixes for the Instagram story music not working error, you will figure out your way soon out of this error. I hope this blog served you in the best way possible. To read more such informative blogs, keep visiting our website, Path of EX. If you have any doubts or queries, feel free to comment in the comment box below, and we will reach out to you soon. Have a great day ahead!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why some songs are not available on Instagram?
If there are some songs that are not available on Instagram, there can be an issue with the licensing of the label or the banner. When licensing expires in the region of certain countries, those songs disappear from the Instagram platform in that country.
2. Does Instagram not allow music anymore?
No, Instagram puts no boundaries on music stories and songs.
3. Why did Instagram remove music?
Instagram removes music for various reasons. There can be issues with copyright terms and laws. Instagram has a huge library of music with all licensed songs that can be used in the Instagram stories.
4. Does Instagram have a region?
Yes, Instagram keeps a track of your primary region by analyzing your activities. It also depends on your location settings, device GPS, and ISP’s address (internet service provider).