Instagram is known for its quick updates and features. However, it is common to face glitches or bugs on the platforms. Today many users reported issues is Instagram down as they were unable to use the features of the app. If you are also facing other issues like Instagram Messages Not Showing, I will tell you the best instant fixes that will solve your problem.
Instagram offers various features for its users like you can unread messages on the platform, you can change the theme in your chatbox, and many more. But facing the glitches on the app creates lots of confusion in your mind.
So, let’s get started and know why is Instagram Messages not showing. Try out these fixes and solve the issue once and for all.
In This Article
How to Fix Instagram Messages Not Showing?
There can be so many probable reasons behind the Instagarm messages not showing issues. let’s know about the fixes below-
1. Fix Instagram Messages Not Showing By Trying to Send Messages to Other Person
The first thing you can do is, try to send a message to another person. If that person has blocked you, this can be the reason Instagram messages not showing up. Another reason may be that person has deactivated or deleted their account.
2. Fix Instagram Messages Not Showing By Checking the Internet Connection
To fix the Instagram messages not showing, check the internet connection. Switch your internet connection from cellular data to Wifi or Wifi to cellular data. To use the feature effectively, you must have a good internet connection. I hope this will resolve your issue.
3. Fix Instagram Messages Not Showing By Updating the App
If you face errors in why Instagram messages not showing up, ensure you have the updated app. Go to the Google Play Store or App Store, look for the Instagram app, and tap Update. Once you have updated the app, re-open the Instagram app and check if the feature starts working.
4. Fix Instagram Messages Not Showing By Logout and Login to Instagram App
To fix the Instagram messages not showing by logging in and logging out from the app. Open the Instagram app, tap the Profile icon, Settings, and Log out. After a few minutes, log in to the app and check if the message feature starts working again.
5. Fix Instagram Messages Not Showing By Clearing the App Cache
Sometimes the excessive Instagram app cache can be the reason why your Instagram messages not showing. By clearing the Instagram app cache, you can quickly resolve the issue. To clear the cache on Instagram, follow the given steps-
- Go to the settings of your device.
- Head to the General section.
- Choose Instagram App and click on that.
- Click on iPhone Storage.
- Now select on Offload App button and then Reinstall the Instagram app.
6. Fix Instagram Messages Not Showing By Uninstalling and Reinstalling the App
To fix the Instagram messages not showing the issue, simply uninstall and reinstall the app. Go to the Play Store or App Store, search for the Instagram app, and tap on Uninstall. After a few minutes install the app again and check if it resolves the issue.
7. Fix Instagram Messages Not Showing By Checking the Server
Sometimes if there is an issue in the Instagram server, this creates a glitch on the app. This is the reason why the Instagram messages feature is not working. If Instagram is down, you can visit the Downdetector website and get live updates. Moreover, wait for the Instagram team to resolve the issue.
8. Fix Instagram Messages Not Showing By Contacting Instagram Support Team
The last fix, you can try to fix Instagram messages not showing by contacting the Instagram support team. Simply, open the Instagram app, tap on three horizontal lines, go to Settings and Privacy, tap on Help, and tap on Report a Problem. Now, follow the onscreen instructions and tap on Send Report. Once you will issue will be resolved, you will be contacted soon.
Reasons Behind Instagram Music Search Not Working?
There can be several reasons behind the Instagram messages not working-
- Issues with the Instagram server.
- Glitches/ bugs in the app.
- Unstable internet connection.
- Outdated version of the app.
- Blocked by another person on the IG app.
- Accumulated corrupted app cache.
- Problem with your device.
Watch Fixes on Instagram Messages Not Showing
So, this was all about the best fixes for Instagram messages not showing. Try out these fixes and check if it resolves the issue. Share this article with your friends and tell them about the fixes. Keep visiting Path of EX for all the trending stuff. Have a great day!
1. Someone sent me a message on Instagram, but I can’t see it?
If someone sent you a message on Instagram and you can’t see it, make sure you have a stable internet connection.
2. Why are Instagram messages not working?
If Instagram messages are not working, it can happen due to a number of reasons-
1. Unstable internet connection.
2. Instagram server down.
3. Accumulated cache.
4. Outdated Instagram app.