Facebook is a dominant social media platform. If you love spending time on Facebook, you must be familiar with its commonly occurring errors. Lately, users have been facing the issue of a white death screen. If you are also one of them, relax! I will tell you how to fix Facebook white screen error.
Facebook usually keeps running into screen and page errors. Like a few days ago, it ran into an error saying, “Page Isn’t Available Right Now,” and the other error that caused trouble to users was not loading results on Facebook. And now this error where Facebook is showing a clean blank white screen. Some people are referring to it as a white death screen.
Here, I have brought a helpful blog that will guide you to fix this error of the Facebook white screen. Without wasting any time, let us move ahead and go through the methods mentioned below.
In This Article
How to Fix Facebook White Screen?
To get out of this tight spot, I have brought some effective methods to fix Facebook white screen error. You can simply consider these methods to resolve this issue.
1. Fix Facebook White Screen By Uninstalling Incompatible Plug-ins
If you have some plug-ins or extensions installed on your device, then this error message could appear, showing Facebook white screen. Make sure to delete and remove any plug-ins or extensions that are not compatible with Facebook and may cause an interruption in its functioning.
2. Fix Facebook White Screen By Checking Your Internet Connection
Another method to fix Facebook white screen death error is by ensuring that you have a stable internet connection. If not, switch to a more stable and strong internet connection. The Facebook app may be lagging due to a weak WiFi or data connection.
3. Fix Facebook White Screen By Trying Incognito or Private Browsing Mode
You can give try to fix the Facebook white screen error by browsing Facebook from an incognito or a private browsing window. Using Facebook from private browsers fixes all the blockages and disables the extensions that might be causing the Facebook white screen issue.
4. Fix Facebook White Screen By Updating Your Facebook App
If you have a Facebook app that is not up to date, you should immediately update it by visiting your device’s App Store or Play Store. An outdated version makes it difficult for the app to receive data and function smoothly. Installing the latest version of the app will fix all of these issues.
5. Fix Facebook White Screen By Restarting Your Device
Restarting the device can fix many errors that come across the applications. This method is also advisable for fixing the other issues of the device. All you need to do is long-press the power button and then turn on the device again. This will fix all the temporary glitches and bugs in the Facebook app and device.
6. Fix Facebook White Screen By Uninstalling and Reinstalling the Facebook App
If you want to eliminate some untapped glitch or a bug in the app, you need to uninstall and then reinstall the Facebook app. This is the potential solution for this error, showing Facebook white screen.
7. Fix Facebook White Screen By Clearing the App Cache
You can get rid of Facebook white screen error by this method too. You can clear the corrupted cache and app junk of the Facebook app. Doing this will delete all the temporary and unnecessary data that is accumulated in the Facebook app.
8. Fix Facebook White Screen By Logging on PC
If you are facing the Facebook white screen error on your Android or iOS device, try to log in to your Facebook account on your PC. This method will work efficiently only if you are facing this Facebook white screen on your mobile phone. By logging in on a PC, you can check whether Facebook is functioning smoothly there or not.
9. Fix Facebook White Screen By Checking The Facebook Server Status
If none of the above-mentioned methods work, check the Facebook server status. If the Facebook server is down, you simply have to wait for it to get fixed. Facebook servers getting down is a widespread problem that can cause this Facebook white screen error’s occurrence.
Reasons for Getting Facebook White Screen
There are multiple reasons behind this error on Facebook white screen being caused. I have mentioned some of the possible reasons here for you to understand the issue in a better manner.
- Poor Internet connection: The first and most common reason behind this error is a weak, broken, or unstable Internet connection. A weak network can cause blockage in the app receiving data that may result in Facebook white screen error.
- Third-party Extension: If you have some third-party extensions enabled, they can cause interruptions in the functioning of the Facebook app.
- An Old version of the App: If you have access to an old version of the Facebook app, it can be difficult to function properly. Facebook might not be able to load or receive the data correctly and smoothly.
- A Glitch in the App: Another reason for Facebook white screen error can be an internal glitch that might be bothering the smooth functioning of the Facebook application.
- Corrupted App and Junk Data: If there is accumulated junk in the Facebook application, then this might be the possible reason for the issue of Facebook white screen of death appearing.
- Facebook Server Status: The problem of the Facebook server getting down is also very common. In this case, there is nothing that you can do except wait patiently for it to get fixed on its own.
- A Problem in the Device: There is a possibility that the glitch that is coming in the Facebook app is due to a glitch in your device. If there is some issue in the screen or display of your device or program, then this can be the cause behind Facebook white screen error.
In this blog, I have mentioned all the important details and information about how to fix Facebook white screen. I hope this information will serve you well and in your best interest. If you have any doubts or suggestions, feel free to comment below in the comment section. We will reach out to you soon. To read more about such informative and interesting blogs, keep visiting our website, Path of EX.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why did my Facebook screen change?
Facebook has transitioned all users to a new layout and a user interface as part of its ongoing update and improvement efforts. The old layout was retired so that new features and an improved user experience could be introduced in the new layout. This decision was taken by Facebook’s parent company, Meta.
2. What does a white screen of death mean?
As the name suggests, the White Screen of Death is literally a white screen appearing on your screen when something is wrong with your app’s program or your hardware components.
3. Why did my Facebook go blank?
Facebook may have a black screen on iPhone or Android because it may include a lot of junk files and inappropriate data. It might happen if you do not clear junk data that might be collected by your phone whenever you open the application. So, you should clear junk and cache from your phone.
4. Why does Facebook load a blank screen?
Facebook might load a blank screen due to some accumulated cache junk or corrupted data, or a bug in the app. Clear the cache and app junk data of the app or just log out of your account and exit the browser. After a minute, you can enter the browser and log in to your Facebook account once again. This will refresh both your account and web page.