WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging apps that is known for its quick and user-friendly updates. Among the newly launched features, WhatsApp recently launched the chat lock feature on the app. The feature allows the user to put a lock on their chats on the platform. But many users have complained that they can’t see the chat lock feature on the platform. If you are someone who is facing the same issue, then you are at the right place. In this article, I will tell you about the chat lock feature on WhatsApp and how to fix chat lock not showing on WhatsApp.
The chat lock feature on WhatsApp is a big step ahead in privacy and security as you will now add an extra layer of privacy and security to your chats on the platform. You can put the lock on any chat and it can only be accessed with your device password or biometric, like a fingerprint. So, without further ado, let’s dig in to learn about the WhatsApp chat lock feature and how to fix chat lock not showing on WhatsApp.
Why is Chat Lock Not Showing on WhatsApp?
Chat lock on WhatsApp is the newly launched feature that will let a user add a lock to any chat on the platform but many users have claimed they can not see the chat lock on their WhatsApp.
The most common reason for chat lock not showing on WhatsApp is that the feature has not been rolled in your country yet. Since WhatsApp is slowly rolling out the feature and is currently unavailable in your region.
Another reason the chat lock feature is not available on your device is because of the outdated WhatsApp app.
Also, read How to Check WhatsApp Microphone Usage? Can WhatsApp Use Microphone Without Permission?
How to Fix Chat Lock Not Showing on WhatsApp?
Now that you know about the WhatsApp chat lock feature and the reason why it isn’t showing on your WhatsApp. It’s time to dive into the fixes for Chat Lock Not Showing on WhatsApp.
Method 1: Fix Chat Lock Not Showing on WhatsApp By Updating Your WhatsApp
If you are using an outdated version of WhatsApp, you might face some technical issues, and among the technical issues, you can face the new updates not available to your app. Glitches in an outdated version of WhatsApp are quite common and can cause certain issues on WhatsApp. To update your WhatsApp to the latest version, follow the given steps.
- Navigate to the App Store (for iOS) or Google Play Store (for Android) on your device.
- In the search bar above the screen, search for the WhatsApp app.
- Click on the update button, which is located next to the app, and you are done.
- Once updated, head to WhatsApp and check if the issue is resolved.
Also, read How Long Does WhatsApp Ring For? Know the Duration & Other Details
Method 2: Fix Chat Lock Not Showing on WhatsApp By Joining WhatsApp Beta
Joining WhatsApp Beta and updating your WhatsApp there can be another fix for the chat lock not showing. In order to join WhatsApp Beta follow the given steps.
- Head to the link here.
- Sign in to your Google account.
- Tap on Become a tester option.
- Head to the Google Play Store and search for WhatsApp.
- You need to wait for a few minutes in case you don’t see an update button.
- Click on the Update button.
- Launch WhatsApp and tap the name of a person or group.
- Choose Chat Lock and lock the chat and you are done!
Also, read How to Block Unknown Numbers on WhatsApp in Just 3 Steps!
Method 3: Fix Chat Lock Not Showing on WhatsApp By Contacting WhatsApp Support
After trying the above-mentioned methods, if you still can’t find the chat lock showing on your WhatsApp, then you need to contact the WhatsApp support team and complaint about the same. In order to do so, follow the steps given below.
- Head to the link here.
- Provide your phone number and email address on the WhatsApp page.
- State how you use WhatsApp.
- Now register your complaint in a message (e.g. I don’t have the Chat Lock option).
- Tap on Next Step and then Send Question option.
- Wait for 1 to 3 business days for WhatsApp’s response and you are done!
Also, read Now Mute Unknown Callers on WhatsApp in 2023: Answer to Spam Calls
Method 4: Fix Chat Lock Not Showing on WhatsApp By Waiting Until the Feature is Rolled Out to You
Since the chat lock feature is not available to all WhatsApp users, you might have to wait till the feature is rolled out in your location. It might take a few days or weeks for it to be rolled out to you.
Also, read How to Post Voice Note on WhatsApp Status? New Feature Alert
WhatsApp is a popular messaging app and is known for its frequent updates. WhatsApp has announced that it is launching its new Chat Lock feature on the platform. To know about the WhatsApp chat lock feature and how to fix chat lock not showing on WhatsApp, read the entire article and do share it with your friends.
For more trending stuff on technology, Social Media, and Gaming, keep visiting Path of EX. For any queries, comment below, and we will get back to you ASAP!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Chat Lock Feature on WhatsApp?
The chat lock feature on WhatsApp is introduced to add more privacy and security to your chats on the platform. You can put the lock on any chat and it can only be accessed with your device password or biometric, like a fingerprint.
2. Why is Chat Lock Not Showing on WhatsApp?
The most common reason for chat lock not showing on WhatsApp is that the feature has not been rolled in your country yet.
3. How to Fix Chat Lock Not Showing on WhatsApp?
1. By Updating Your WhatsApp.
2. By Joining WhatsApp Beta.
3. By Contacting WhatsApp Support.