Are you stuck on Baldur’s Gate 3 crossover not working? Look no further! Any error coming onto the BG3 gameplay really creeps us to no level. Hence, I have got you covered with the crossover not working in the game. Head on to learn more.
Talking about the most addictive games, Baldur’s Gate 3 is indeed stealing the show with its epic gameplay all along. Here, players can encounter some of the best BG3 Builds, romance options, and above all, the crossover feature.
Let’s dig through this article and learn everything in regard to Baldur’s Gate 3 Crossover not working. From why it is not working to how you can fix this error, I’ve got your back in every back!
In This Article
Why is Baldur’s Gate 3 CrossOver Not Working?
Baldur’s Gate 3 new update is all that we players always wanted. However, it has surprised us to no end. Many players are claiming that after they updated the app, BG3’s crossover stopped working, even after using the dx11 exe, especially on Steam.
Though it is unknown why is Baldur’s Gate 3 not working, below we have dropped a sure shot way to make it work. Go on and grab the fix.
How to Fix “Baldur’s Gate 3 CrossOver Not Working” Error?
Not to stretch it much, but I’ve got you some ways to resolve the “Baldur’s Gate 3 CrossOver not working” error. Head on below.
Fix 1: Update Game Properties
The very first fix to resolve the “Baldur’s Gate 3 CrossOver not working” error is to change the properties of the game if you are running the game via Steam. Here’s how you can do so.
Steps to Update Game Settings on Steam:
- Navigate to the game properties.
- And further, change the launch options to “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Baldurs Gate 3\bin\bg3_dx11.exe” %command%
Maybe, this will fix your issue, and your BG3 CrossOver will begin to work for you. If it doesn’t, let’s go further.
Fix 2: Download the Necessary Requirements
Another fix to resolve the “Baldur’s Gate 3 CrossOver not working” error is here. If your game’s crossover is still not working,
Right-click on the game in Steam and submenus > and see if there are some items yet to be downloaded. Download the missing > close the Steam > and further run the .exe.
Fix 3: Update MoltenVK Version & DXVK Version
Well, if none of the above methods worked out for you, the last and the most effective way to fix Baldur’s Gate 3 CrossOver not working is to update Molten VK Version and DXVK version. Have a look below and learn how you can do so.
Steps to Update MoltenVK Version:
- Firstly, download the latest MoltenVK version from https://github.com/KhronosGroup/MoltenVK/releases/tag/v1.2.4.
- Search for the file: MoltenVK-macos.tar.
- Unzip it and head to the MoltenVK/MoltenVK/dylib/macOS folder.
- Copy libMoltenVK.dylib and replace it in /Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/lib64.
Sṭeps to Update DXVK:
- Download the latest version of DXVK from https://github.com/Gcenx/DXVK-macOS/releases.
- Locate the file dxvk-macOS-async-v1.10.3-20230507.tar.gz.
- Unzip > Head on to this folder. Further, copy 4 files- /dxvk-1.10-mac-async/x64/.
- In Finder, press the Alt key and tap on “Go.”
- Select “Library.”
- Navigate to /Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Steam/drive_c/windows/system32/.
- Verify that DXVK is enabled in the CROSSOVER bottle.
- Copy and overwrite the 4 files in the system32 folder.
There is a high chance that your issue must be resolved by now. Try out all of the above three fixes and let us know which one of them helped you out with Baldur’s Gate 3 CrossOver Not Working error.
This was all about Baldur’s Gate 3 CrossOver Not Working error. Check out the above guide, try out the list of fixes, and let us know which one of these helped you resolve the error. For me, downloading the missing items worked really well.
Path of EX is an open space, Come along if you have any doubts, and we will get back to you asap.