Your Fire Stick may be the best device you own, but at some point, it might crash, making you wonder what happened to it. The issue can be as simple as a minor remote control problem or a simple crash due to device overload. However, as the problem might seem significant to you, there are pretty high chances that you end up worrying over it.
To curb this problem, we decided to write this guide for you to fix some quick Fire Stick issues that might seem too big but would be extremely easy to fix. While we’re at it, let’s not also forget the importance of geo-block bypassing and online privacy.
If you own a Fire Stick then you obviously know that you can’t access streaming services that are not available in your country. But did you know that you easily unblock them without compromising your privacy? With VPN apps that you can find on the Amazon store, you can spoof your location to access geo-blocked streaming services like Netflix US and hide your identity at the same time. You’ll just need to opt for the best VPN for Amazon Fire Stick TV.to ensure you don’t face any hurdles.
Now that we’ve gotten that out of the way, let’s get back to some quick troubleshooting tips for your Fire TV. Even if you’re using one of the two new Fire TV Sticks that Amazon launched recently, these tips might still be super-helpful to you:
1. Solving the internet connection issues
If your Fire Stick is sluggish and is not offering the service it usually does, then you need to check your network connection to solve this problem. You can always refresh your modem or follow these steps to forget and reconnect to your wifi:
- Visit Settings from your home screen and click on Network.
- Click on the wifi network and press the Menu button on your remote.
- Once you’re done, reconnect your wifi network.
2. Restart your Fire Stick device
You can always reboot your Fire Stick device if your Fire Stick isn’t working. You can do this using the following steps:
- Visit the main screen of your Fire Stick device and click on the Settings option present on the top.
- You will find My Fire TV if you scroll right from there. Click that.
- Please scroll down to find the Restart option and select it.
- A prompt might appear on your screen to confirm this action. Click Restart to reboot your device.
3. Fixing the Fire Stick blank screen issue
If there’s a broken cable connection, then you might face a blank screen issue. To fix this, you need to ensure that:
- You’re making use of the cables that came in with your Fire TV device.
- Check if the HDMI cable is plugged into your device.
- If the HDMI is in poor condition, please replace it.
- Restart your Fire Stick twice or thrice.
4. Fixing app crashes on Fire Stick
If the app you downloaded on your Fire Stick isn’t working the way it should, then there might be some crashes that you must be facing. To solve those, you need to:
- Uninstall and reinstall the app
- Clear the cache on your device and of your app.
- Switch off your Fire Stick and restart it.
5. Solving Fire Stick remote problems
If your Fire Stick stops responding, then there is a possibility that your remote is not working anymore. You can solve these issues in two ways:
1. You can change your remote’s batteries as they might be one common issue for your Fire Stick not to respond anymore.
2. You can also reset your Fire TV remote by pressing the Home button on the remote for 20 seconds.
6. Solving your Fire Stick screen-sharing issues
If you want to screen-share the content from your smartphone or laptop to your Fire Stick device and cannot do so, then do check if you’re using an Android 4.2 version or later on your Fire Stick. Please know that screen sharing on Fire Stick doesn’t work with any iOS device or Mac.
If your Fire Stick supports screen sharing for you, it might prompt a mirroring option if you keep the Home button pressed on your device.
7. Updating your Fire Stick device
Like every other device, there is also a need to update your Fire Stick device. There are always timely updates available for users to have the latest software on their devices. If your Fire Stick’s performance is sluggish, then it’s time you update it.
You can do this by:
- Visiting the Settings menu on your Fire TV device and choosing the My Fire TV option.
- Press About on your screen and click on Install Update if there is an update available.
8. Fix the Fire Stick buffering issues
When it comes to streaming, buffering or lagging is one common problem, but it can always be fixed through the right solution. You can solve this by:
- Visiting Settings from the main screen and selecting Preferences by scrolling right.
- Clicking on Data Monitoring, selecting it, and turning it off.
You can also fix the buffering issues using a VPN service. Setting up a VPN for streaming would eliminate ISP throttling issues, offering a speedy connection for streaming. They also keep you completely unidentified over the internet, restricting your ISP from knowing what you’re streaming.
9. Stopping the Fire Stick device from Reading your Screen
If your Fire Stick device reads the content on the screen out loud and it bothers you, then you should disable this function immediately. You can do this by:
- Visiting Settings on your screen and selecting Accessibility by scrolling right.
- Selecting the VoiceView option from there and turning it off.
10. Fixing the stuck Fire Stick logo on your screen
If your Fire Stick logo is stuck on your screen and not letting you access anything you like, then you need to do the following:
- Unplug your Fire TV device and replug it.
- Give some time to your Fire Stick as the issue might resolve itself.
- Try using a different HDMI cable to your TV as the port may cause the problem.
Here are all the troubleshooting tips you need to solve your Fire Stick not working problem. While the issue might seem too big to you, it might be minimal and may be solved immediately. Let us know which tip you found most useful in the comments below.